The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Two Guitars I wish I had and one I do. How about you
Dennis Smith

Covington, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2016 11:58 am    

I'm sure there are a lot more than three we would all love to have back or do have. I'll start with my three.
When I was 15 my Uncle Lee Roy told me to buy a set of strings and he would loan me one to learn one. It was a Kay like this.

I got a set of Black Diamond #714? or 719 for $1.99 plus tax. He put them on and showed me G, C & D and I was off.
In late 64 or early 65 I wanted a Gretsch like George Harrison had but they were $500. so I got a double Anniversary with hard case and no bigsby.

The one I still have I got in 1972 and the changes were already made to it but I got it a package deal with a Gibson L6s(think that was it) that I sold for almost as much as both together. It a 57 Les Paul Jr. with original p90 + ?(never checked to see if it had name on it but it a early something)

What are your top three?

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2018 8:08 pm     3 Guitars

I have a re-issue of the 1957 GRETSCH 6120 DSV in the RED stain that I first saw in 1958, and lusted for my whole life. Its is now for sale as My hands are giving me heck.Its a laminate top, which I think is better for the dry climate of AZ. Will always love it with Dynasonic pickups.
My second is a Sho-Bud D10 Professional D10 that I am purchasing, and the reason for selling the Gretsch. the 3rd would be a Arch top Harmony a friend had in High school, lol Boy was it beat up, lol. I am helping a friend sell her KAY Archtop and might buy it in place of the Harmony, It's in soo much better shape than Lonnie's Harmony in 1962.
If I new how to Post pictures of the Gretsch (posted at this time) and the Kay (also posted but a friend hasn't had time to do the pics yet) and of the Sho-Bud when it arrives.
I will post these if I can. Best too all CAA Kay is likw yours - Blonde
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2018 10:30 pm    

They're all ones I had but let go.In order of preference,my '58 Esquire(first electric guitar),my early '60s ES-345,and my '59 6120.