The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Staff Band`
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Staff Band`
Don Lanier

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2016 9:03 pm    

We had the pleasure of working with the best group of musicians Ive ever met, Ive done lots of concerts with huge stars, in every genre, but the ISGC had a band, Roy Rosetta as Band leader, Paul, Bobby, Jimmy, Starla, Leonard, MR SMILES, David, Dino, Bobby, Rob Parker, and many others that performed with the House band, Leon, and just the best sidemen any band could ever ask for.

Not Once did I ever hear a cross word on that stage, lots of jokes and practical jokers, laughs and fun was had and it had to be so because the hours were long, and so may styles were represented. Bobby and his red Gibson always amazed me because guys would shout out a tune and rip into it, he didnt need sheet music, he knew the songs, and he supported the steeler, Dino who walked in those shoes and did one heck of a job in a tough situation. Theopholus, Joe Wright, Papa John, So many great memories....

Jimmy and Starlas fun and crazy Hall of Fame shows, and so many people who visited the sound booth, bringing us cookies and cakes and keeping us abreast of all the worlds news in Steelin....Im going to miss you guys and gals, you are my friends and I love you all in a special way.

From the first hours of the load in and setup when Rob Parker would come in and sit, Stoney and the MCs, who kept us informed and made us laugh with there witty commentary, and during the week and days and years the show went on it became more and more like a Family vacation where you looked for the people you met and enjoyed, Bill and his crews who always treated us with respect and showed us the ropes of the steel SOUND....and gave us way too much Candy, I love you Bill Ferguson, PAL, FRIEND...MENTOR

Its always been my birthday that weekend and I spent it doing what I loved running sound with my friends, it makes a difference when you truly love what you do, and those your doing it for....THAT BAND, You guys Ill miss the most and I hope youll send a christmas card etc...hard to believe I wont get to see ya....MUSIC ADDS LIFE, and you truly added to mine....

peaveypro@gmail.com is my email if you need a sound company or just want to drop a line....God Bless.
https://www.facebook.com/Pearlprocase

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2016 11:01 am     Better Late Than Never............

And Don Lanier. You were pro all the way. Good Luck in your future endeavors.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2016 3:56 am    

I consider it an honor that you Don, joined our sound booth.

It was home to me for 36 years.

My thanks goes out to Scotty for trusting in me, to Doc (Jim) Stewart for trusting in me and to Hollis Calvert (Peavey) for getting sick one year and letting me take the controls.
The rest is history.

Love you all

Oh and not to forget (teasing) Mike Brown for being my friend through the years and remaining a very close friend today.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 13 Apr 2016 4:58 am     Friends

I'm your friend from here on out.

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 13 Apr 2016 7:46 am     Bill Ferguson

And Bill, as always, it is a pleasure working with you.