The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  For you new players AND experienced players
John Booth

Columbus Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2015 3:13 am    

Do yourself a HUGE favor and give Will Litaker's weekly broadcasts a try. at $20 a month you will get tons of information, instruction and
your repertoire of songs, intros, outros and fills will increase exponentially. It's one thing to struggle through tab by yourself but quite another to
have it shown to you, played for you. The nuances of the pedal steel are the "flavor" of the music, and Will not only demonstrates it to you but
also explains it in plain language making it much easier to absorb.

Then, as an added bonus, once you have learned a great song line by line, he sends you the BACKTRACK for free so you can practice it all you want,
and even use the quality backtracks for performances. I use what I learn from Will, (The complete songs with the backtracks) to perform at several
venues such as senior centers, dinner gigs and even good paying gigs.

I teach the songs to my band which allows my pedal steel to be featured several times a night at our larger shows and on the road.
This is absolutely the BEST $20 you'll ever spend. You get Will's "No-Nonsense" training for the right hand and pages of
technique exercises every week too. Often these little exercises become great parts of a solo and accompaniment throughout a night of playing a gig.

The pedal steel takes a lifetime to master, the learning never stops, and neither does Will. I don't usually write these kind of posts but after
a few months with Will's weekly broadcasts I have personally come farther than years on my own struggling with all the other methods.
Give it a try. You will be glad you did.

Just click here and let the REAL learning begin ! http://www.pedalsteeler.com/

OH, and if it's not all I've said then tell Will and he'll gladly refund you your payment ! No one else I know does that !
JB

Jason Putnam

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2015 4:21 am    

I agree!! I started about 2 months ago with William. I have been learning to play on my own for a few years and have learned a great deal that way. But I noticed that I really had hit a wall because I was doing the same things over and over and really wasn't expanding my knowledge of the instrument. I was merely getting real good at playing a few select songs. Now my time is more structured. I not only practice techniques to improve my playing but also learn new songs. The amount of material given for 5 dollars is more than enough to keep me busy for a week and then "Bam"!! It's Saturday again and there's all new material to work on!! It really keeps you on your toes!! It's a real bargain guys! Sure, William is not setting in front of you in a room to tell you everything your doing wrong, but He is also not charging you 75 to 100 dollars for an hour long lesson like most!! Do yourself a favor and sign up. If it wasn't for William, I wouldn't be able to afford to learn this wonderful instrument!!

John Bumbarger

Houtzdale, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2015 4:00 am     Weekly Lessons

Give William a try. Sign up for a week and see for yourself what you get for $5.00. You can't get as much information for that price anywhere..!

John Coffman

Wharton,Texas USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2015 4:28 am    

enjoying the weekly broadcast and having fun,

John Luce

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2015 6:02 am    

I agree with all that has been stated above .... William has something to offer for any level of player.

Perry Keeter

Hemet, CA, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2015 7:36 pm    

William has a lot to offer for both beginners and experienced players. Well worth the $5 per session.

Howard Steinberg

St. Petersburg, Florida , USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2015 3:05 pm    

What everyone else has said. William teaches - you practice - your playing improves.

Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 3 May 2015 4:27 pm    

Howard Steinberg wrote:
What everyone else has said. William teaches - you practice - your playing improves.

Nothing simpler than that. New pickups and chrome bars are fun, but they are not going to improve your pickin'.

Alan Percy

Melbourne, Australia
Post  Posted 3 May 2015 7:34 pm    

I agree. William's broadcasts are worth a look. Any level player could get something out of it I think. The only thing he can't do is sit behind your guitar and practice what he teach's.

Alan

George Buechley

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2015 4:56 pm    

I can't remember who said it at about the time that I started with William (it might have been William) but someone said 'for less than the price of a foot long sandwich a week you can get a pedal steel lesson'. Great economics! It's a great deal!

George

Darrell Gill

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2015 6:29 pm     Practice

All I can say is that I have had many teachers .. learned some bad habits..William got me straightened out and the biggest thing in my playing is technique and practice .. and practice and practice.. my playing has improved many fold for 5 bucks a week. Definitely worth it..

Darrell and his Carter D-10

John Booth

Columbus Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2022 7:21 am    

Will says he's down due to a computer crash but hopes to be back up soon. I'll be subscribing as soon as he's ready. He does his weekly broadcast, supplies the TAB AND the Backtracks to the songs he teaches. Best value I've seen.
JB - Ohio