The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association "Quarterly" Meeting
Peter Hart

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2015 4:23 am    

The Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association will have their quarterly meeting on May 17, 2015. It will be held at the Common Fence Point Community Hall
933 Anthony Road, Portsmouth, Rhode Island.

Please bring a food dish for potluck and the drink of your choosing.
There is a refrigerator but no cooking facilities. There is no bar service (BYOB).

Jam Sessions begin at 1:00 (no entry before 12:30PM)
Business meetings begin around 2:30 PM

For directions please go to www.RISGA.com

I believe we are still working on the song "CRAZY".

Hope to see you there!

Jim Rice

Littleton, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2015 3:51 am    

Hey Manny I will bring your strings!

I assume "Crazy" is in C,like in Doug's book?

See you there!

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 9 May 2015 4:15 am    

I think I`ve forgotten how to play. Jim thank`s for remembering my strings. 40,44,50, and 60`s if you have them. Looking forward to the jam.

Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 16 May 2015 10:36 am    

Hey can I crash the party? I need some practice Wink

Jim Rice

Littleton, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2015 10:49 am    

Heck yes. We'd love to see you and hear some sweet steel.

The jam is open to everyone, the more the merrier.

Who else is coming?

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 20 May 2015 5:52 am    

We had a good time Sunday, May 17th at the RISGA quarterly jam. I counted seventeen musicians in a big circle pickin` and grinnin`. Newcomers were Ritchie Chaison(sp?), an excellant dobro player, and Nick Krol on a double neck Carter. This 19 year old is a very smart young man playing for just two months. We were suprised by past president Tony Palmer. He was able to get a nice silky sound with his Sierra and Nashville 112 amp. Tony plays "(What a) Wonderful World like no other.

Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 20 May 2015 1:32 pm    

Thanks Manny.... I went mostly because I heard you were attending Smile
It's been proposed we continue to operate RISGA via a Facebook group, which may very well be the best way to keep things going.
Let's see what develops. I'll be back for the next quarterly meeting, after that back to Florida!

Marcia Rodrigues

Rhode Island, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2015 2:34 pm    

Yes Tony, we did agree to let the website expire (due to the expense) and move to Facebook.

Peter Hart

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2015 7:23 pm    

It was a great meeting! Nice to see you again Tony! Your playing is second to none! A new young player named Nick did very well. Only 19 years old! Richie Chiasson really tore up the 8 string dobro! There were many singers, all did very well! We all had a lot of fun. Thank you all for coming! Looking forward to the next one. Let's get our Face's on (Facebook)!

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2015 10:48 am    

I hate to have to be saying this.When Tony Palmer set the Web site For RISGA it was going fine all these years. Now all of a sudden it is to exspancive.Don;t be mad at what I'm going to say just think about it first. Every since you have been having the RISGA Steel Shows in Fall River MA. you have not been making any money to keep it going. It is a R.I. Steel Guitar Association that was running fine when we were running it in Rhode Island.The people in Fall River do not give a hoot about Steel Guitars.Try to get it back in Rhode Island where it belongs and you will see things get better. The People in Rhode Island love the Steel Guitar.I know that NESGA has a nice bank account and they take all 72 member to the Hibarchi Grill for a free dinner on route 2 in Warwick R.I..I'm just trying to help and keep the organization going. I'm back here in North Carolina and this is where I will die.I may start another Steel Guitar Jam but I know Anna said no but I hope I can change her mind.I do not want no hard feelings I'm just trying to help you keep it going.I'm proud of both organization RISGA and NESGA I busted my butt to get them going and I could not do it for any better people.The world is to short. Before we know it we will all be gone and hopefully some younger playaer will take over.KEEP IT COUNTRY AND IT IS NOT COUNTRY WITH OUT A PEDAL STEEL GUITAR AMEN
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2015 6:07 pm    

This is a link to our Facebook page, where we will stay in touch, link to where we are playing and keep up on quarterly meetings

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RISGA/1450454955268340

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2015 3:42 am    

Looks like I won't be seeing what is going on with RISGA as I do not do Face book.It is a waist of time for me. I have better things to do than go on and read a bunch of nothing.I have enough problem with my computer with out asking for more ..
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Harry Teachman

South Dartmouth,Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2015 11:21 am    

Tony,

Have fun next Sunday ! Very Happy

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2015 6:43 am    

Anna and I wish you all good luck on face book.I know you have to do some thing to keep it going.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2020 11:40 am    

I can not wait fore the next R.I.S.G.A. Meeting and Jam.I have been missing some great Steel Guitar Playing .I will not miss it any mare I learned my lesson never again.
Sam Whits

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2020 5:39 am     Sam Who?

"Sam Whits"? It sounds like a metaphorical response to this 2015 post.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2020 6:31 am     Sam White

Hi Jim Rice could you let me know about when we will be having our next meating,QQQ,I know it is a problem as theings are not good dute we can still keep our hops up.Sam White 1-401-320-8563