The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Litaker Broadcast (Last Date )
Joey Andrews

Laurel ,Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2014 1:51 pm    

One of the best broadcast to date. When you think they can't get in better, you pulled out all the stops and make them better. If you missed the broadcast, you need to get it. The broadcast was chocked full of useful licks, intro's, and information. Way to go William!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfBLjscOhawIvcmpChsntog

Last edited by Joey Andrews on 7 Aug 2021 7:01 am; edited 107 times in total

George Buechley

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2014 2:13 pm    

You're right, Joey. The only thing Wild Bill left out is the way Tulsa Dan blocks with his boot! Laughing

George

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2014 2:20 pm     Todays Broadcast

William is fast becoming the complete steel guitar instructor. He doesn't leave anything out and if you have a question just e-mail or call him and explain the problem and he will work with you...and right now. Not after next weeks lesson...jr

Joey Andrews

Laurel ,Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2014 3:09 pm     The boot block

George you are right about Dan's boot block. William need to get a video of the boot block to see if he is using right foot technique correctly, maybe Dan will chime in and give us a update on this world class one of a kind move. JA

Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 27 Dec 2014 6:40 pm    

That was a killer broadcast today! I know William's been trying to keep the time down for those of us who like to download and save the broadcasts, but an hour goes by quick.

Trust me gentleman, and especially ladies, I have yet to find a camera angle that will not rigorously embarrass the gentle viewer regarding the patented Tulsa Boot Block.

George Buechley

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2014 8:06 am    

I know, Dan. You definitely have to protect the innocent. I'm sure William will teach us the move someday. Heck, he teaches us everything as it is. Don't you folks just love the songs that William picks for the live broadcasts.

George

Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 29 Dec 2014 10:47 am    

I agree there, George. Even songs I don't care for too much initially, I come around to after we get through with them. The current number is not example of that, though. Anything that's got that Texas shuffle kicking through it, I'm a happy camper.

Darrell Gill

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2014 5:03 pm     Agree

I agree with Joe Rouse.. William includes very few if any questions unanswered... Keep up the good work guys and William too

Bill Thomin

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2014 7:32 am    

Great project tune. Waiting on boot blocking technique video.

Richard Keller

Deer Creek, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2014 7:34 am    

William has always answered any question I have sent him. I really get a lot of help from his weekly teaching videos.

George Buechley

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2014 7:47 am    

I recently heard from William that he will mention the boot block technique and answer any questions regarding the frying pan during this Saturday's lesson.

George

Ken Schendel

Manitoba, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2014 7:49 am     William Litaker

Have been taking William's on line course for three years and has helped tremendously. There's always a gem to be had in each lesson

Ken Schendel

Manitoba, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2014 7:50 am     William Litaker

Have been taking William's on line course for three years and has helped tremendously. There's always a gem to be had in each lesson

Dylan Keating

Montreal QC
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2014 9:50 am    

I've been tuning into the broadcast for 4 weeks or so now and it's well worth the modest price ($5/week!) that William charges. Lots of great technique stuff you can use as licks or to develop your right hand, along with intros and project tunes. He does a free one on one Skype session when you subscribe and helped me fix some bad right hand technique habits I didn't know that I had. I also like that you can watch it any time you want since I can't always make it for the live broadcast; in fact you can go back and revisit an "episode" any time you want. Thanks for doing this William. See you all Saturday at 1PM EST!

Lee Kenner

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2014 11:34 am    

I’ve been with William since 8 January 2011 and he has helped me out lots of times, with special sessions to show me a lick I needed to know for a song and followed up with a phone call to ask how it went. That has happened lots of times! All for the same $5.00 a lesson!!
Peavey Nashville 112
Peavey Session 500

Larry Robbins

Fort Edward, New York
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2014 2:49 pm    

Got to agree with all so far. I have been working with William since before the broadcasts started!
He truly wants you to learn and I know he enjoys what he does. Thanks to William, I have made tens of dollars playing steel in the last year alone! ha!
All kidding aside, he really has helped me a lot and never seems to get tired of my endless questions!
Thanks William!

Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 1 Jan 2015 5:16 pm     Next Project Workshop Tune?

Hey guys, I know there is a lot of demand for Crazy Arms as William's next Project Series tune, but I have to say that this is also absolutely killer. I don't know many doing Bars of Steel...
http://youtu.be/j5SY-_tRKdg

John Luce

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2015 8:04 am    

I have been taking William's on line course for 4 months now. Thses lesson have really improved my playing. If you have not already done so .... try it, I think you will like the results.

Joey Andrews

Laurel ,Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2015 8:48 am     Bars of Steel

Daniel I'm changing my vote to Bars of Steel after hearing William playing it. JA

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2015 11:37 am     Bars of Steel

I'm sticking to "Crazy Arms" but if I'm out voted then Bars of Steel will be fine...or ....Sweet Dreams....or?....jr

Darrell Gill

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2015 10:49 am     Teacher

William is the best teacher I have ever had.. I have had several .. they were ok but he is the best....

Darrell in Florida and his Carter D-10

Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 3 Jan 2015 2:34 pm    

Today's meeting was another top-notch broadcast. "Don't You Ever Get Tired of Hurting Me" is turning out to be one hell of a tune, too!

I don't know what he's going to do for the next Project Tune proper, but whatever he does is fine with me. I really like how he does Bars of Steel though. If not this time, maybe next.

I'm going to try and record a short demo of the Oklahoma Boot Block this week... Laughing

George Buechley

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2015 5:53 pm    

Hey Dan,
Try not to hurt yourself. Remember what you said about this move. And there are some women on the forum. Oh Well

George

Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 4 Jan 2015 5:27 pm    

Not to worry, George. Unconcerned about hurting myself so much, but i will take care not to offend and i may need to get a mask...

Joey Andrews

Laurel ,Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2015 6:52 am     Broadcast

Saturday will be here fast for another lesson! Can't wait. JA