The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  At the Philly Guitar Show
Dennis Olearchik

Newtown, PA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2003 7:54 pm    

b0b,

Per Jody's request, please close this thread.

Thank you.

Dennis

[This message was edited by Dennis Olearchik on 28 June 2003 at 10:13 PM.]

CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 1:26 am    

i'd be nervous too !
with JC on the apron, i'd keep my back to the wall.
them hitmen from NY......well you know....

------------------
Steel what?

[This message was edited by CrowBear Schmitt on 22 June 2003 at 02:29 AM.]

[This message was edited by CrowBear Schmitt on 22 June 2003 at 02:29 AM.]

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 5:47 am    

Dennis
Check your mail.

Thank You.

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 6:37 am    

Is there anyone in the area of Ft.Washington
who can help me with any information as to the name of the seller and or where he is from.

I would appreciate any help you can offer.
I beleive the show closes today. June 22.
Thank You.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 6:39 am    

wow

HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 6:44 am    

spelled upside down is "mom"

[This message was edited by HowardR on 22 June 2003 at 07:44 AM.]

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 6:48 am    

and mama mia upsidedown is, uh....

Jody---this is the show promoter, I think---
http://www.bee3vintage.com/

828-298-2197

This is just quick internet info---in other words its reliability is unknown.

Kenny Foy

Lynnville, KY, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 6:51 am    

Looks like Jody may be on to relocating a piece of his past that disappeared under BAD circumstances. If anyone could contact Dennis and and let him know that his, or anyones else who is going to this guitar show, services are needed it would be a great chance to Rite a Wrong. Just a little info to Jody would be a great help. THANKS

Dennis Olearchik

Newtown, PA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 7:44 am    

Sorry, I just sent Jody my tele# as I was out this morning.

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 8:12 am    

This is getting interesting.

You can read Jody's comments about the loss of his Bibsby in this old thread: http://steelguitarforum.com/Archives/Archive-000003/HTML/20011227-1-013109.html

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 9:37 am    

Have You Seen This Steel

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 10:10 am    

Dennis volunteered to return to the show.It
was more than kind of him to do this for me.
It is an hour drive from his home plus he had to pay the admission for the show of $25.00 plus his time all to try to help me.
He called me from the show and tried to hook me up with the present owner and seller.

Someone alerted the seller of Dennis's post above whereas he commented that the seller
buyer was "nervous".

I spoke with the seller buyer via cell phone
and he was not able to hear me.

He mentioned a "legal issue" with Dennis being caught in the middle. I didnt intend for this to happen,and if there is a "legal issue"here I can counter this with my own
story. And that may have the earmarks of a legal issue If I am pushed against the wall.

The seller buyer was informed by someone who reads this Forum as he was aware of the comments made by Dennis prior to Dennis arriving at the show today.

There were NO Names mentioned and I dont think there is a legal issue here unless I make it one.

Dennis arranged for the seller to call me tomorrow evening.

Dennis stuck his neck way out for me by asking a simple question,,How much is that Bigsby? and I know the fellow who owned it.

Is that cause for a threat of legal action?
I'm sure this will come to a conclusion where
all will be well. I am certain the seller means no harm and will speak directly to me tomorrow,he seemed concerned and I assured him,all I wanted was some questions answered
and to see my Bigsby one more time after some
50 years,,is that reason for legal action?.

Jon,,your post shows my name,,but not the guitar.

I have never met Dennis but he went way out on a limb for me and Im going to make certain that this ends in a peaceful and friendly manner. I'm certain the seller is a cival person to deal with. He knew my name right off when we spoke.

No names please..I can handle this.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 10:19 am    

Hoping for the best, Jody. Are you sure you can't scroll down to a photo of the guitar?

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 10:56 am    

OK Jon..I got it,,I mean he has it.

One thing I dont understand,why do people try to protect themselves by mentioning "legal action"? thats what wrong
with this society and makes Lawyers rich when
many times things can be settled with any legal assistance.

I saw nothing wrong with Dennis comments did you? Nervous? I get nervous when I have to use the mens room and the door is locked.

For those of you who have heard this story before on this Forum and one of which Joey was able to ressurect is familiar to those of you who read my story a few years ago.

This present owner may be unaware of the circumstances surrounding this drama and I hold nothing against him. The guitar is over 50 years old and who knows who owned it during that time span.

The seller was familiar with my name,I covered the Eastern seaboard for many years and I would imagine if I were he,I would as the owner like to know more about the Bigsby
that has my name on the front.

Thanks to Joey Ace for helping as usual and most of all the Dennis who proved that this
Forum is a fellowship of friends..

Thank you Dennis for going way out of your way for me.I appreciate it more than I can say.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Kenny Foy

Lynnville, KY, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 11:47 am    

Looks like this may be comin to a happy ending. While talkin to you while all this was transpiring and readin the comments on the post I see no course of action from this person Jody. Good luck Jody.----Kenny Ray

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 11:59 am    

Kenny
Thanks for your encouraging words,,however I
doubt this will end in the manner I hope it would.

I have to wait and see,,and maybe at best get
a chance to see a part of my past,the memories linger on,another chapter for my book if nothing else..Besides these Fenders
can handle anything and pass them by on the Highway..

It could be an expensive re-union,but I still
have the heart of my heart....FENDER OF COURSE.

And to think this was right under my nose all the while..I think I need a "nose job" I have nose drop.

Good speaking at ya...call me again soon.

Jody

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 3:55 pm    

This post belongs in the "Pedal Steel" section.

This is not an ad, it's a discussion about an instrument.

Moved -----> "Pedal Steel"

James Ingram

Blue Springs, MO, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2003 7:59 pm    

Jody I went back and read your original post on the loss of your Bigsby. I hope person is gentleman and your property is rightfully returned to you. at no cost to you. but unfortunately we live in cruel world where some take advantage of ones good nature. i had not expensive peavey bass i,d boughten brand new stolen from me back in late 70,s. i watched local music stores to see if it would pop up. well i,m sure it had i,d went to local music store that had one used short time after mine disappeared case was lined in same color also. i,d just made mistake of mentioning i had one stolen. i did,nt have complete serial # of bass on me. but in 1/2 hrs time that i,d left and came back it just disappeared. i think shop keep knew it was stolen and did,nt have any intentions of giving it back to me. i,m sure it was mine the first time i saw it. i wanted to just walk out door with it. but then i,d been one in trouble. make long story short. mine did,nt have a rich history like yours or have my name on it. but i,ve always wondered where it,s at. other owners that our property has passed thru most likely have,nt taken care of the property as we would have over years. again nothing but best of luck on recovering a old friend again. James

Greg Sullivan

Poughqaug New York
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2003 6:06 am    

I have edited my comments regarding Jody & the issue he is dealing with.

Jody requested I do so,he feels there is no reason to get ahead of his situation until he
gets legal assistance.

Thank you.

[This message was edited by Greg Sullivan on 24 June 2003 at 05:14 AM.]

HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2003 11:02 am    

That would be a great cycle of events if Jody were to be reunited with his long lost Bigsby.

I know that Jody has once again his long lost triple Custom. For him to regain his Bigsby would be a historical event and make a wonderful last chapter in his book.

Frank Parish

Nashville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2003 3:48 pm    

It's his guitar and should be returned to him period. I'd love it.

Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2003 7:44 pm    

Does anyone how much this " person " was asking for the guitar ?.Lets get together and buy this thing for Jody.I'll throw in fifty bucks to start it..

Bud

Frank Parish

Nashville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2003 8:41 pm    

If it were me, I'd go after this guy with my teeth. This guy can't keep or sell this guitar legally. That'll hold up in anybodys court of law no matter how long ago it was. If he's made an attempt to sell that guitar it can be considered fencing of stolen merchandise. There's pretty stiff penaltys for that kind of stuff and if I were him I'd give it back and quick. Since he knows whos guitar it is now, he's knowingly keeping stolen property and there's a lot of witnesses to this thread on this forum. The guy's getting in more trouble by the minute.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2003 8:58 pm    

Hi Bud/Willis:

I know your heart's in the right place on this, but I'm not sure that us buying the guitar for Jody is really a good idea. In the end it would only reward a guy who appears to be knowingly trying to sell stolen property. And that can only encourage more theft. That's not the way to deal with this. I think Jody's gonna have to get law enforcement involved, if he hasn't done so already, and they don't pay criminals to give up stolen goods.

Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2003 2:52 pm    

I do sincerely hope that my friend Jody gets his Bigsby back-this whole bucket of worms reminds me of a few years ago when Lee Jeffries Bigsby was stolen from him-He asked my advice and I told him that he must make a written police report with the law enforcement agency that has juristiction in the location wherein the theft occurred-Make sure to give a carefully detailed description of the instrument with brand name,model name,serial number,and any other pertanent descriptors (In this case the name JODY CARVER on the front), and of course the value of the instrument-Make sure that the reporting officer knows that you understand this item (if valued over $500) should be entered into the Nation-Wide law enforcement computer network called N.C.I.C. (National Crime Information Center) as a stolen article-and make a followup call with the reporting agency to be sure that this has been done-Obtain and keep copies of the police report and case number-Following these steps will document your case against anyone who may later show up in possession of the stolen instrument-By following this advice Lee Jeffries was properly armed to reclaim his stolen guitar with intervention of the police when the guitar surfaced as this one did-at a guitar show