The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ameripolitan Awards..very Special Xmas concert today........
Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2014 1:43 pm    

Voting has officially opened for the Ameripolitan Music Awards Feb 17 in Ausin, Texas at the historical Paramont Theatre....Our group The Western Swing Authority have been nominated for Western Swing group, Female singer Stacey Guse, for female Western Swing and myself Ed "Peewee Charles" Ringwald for Musician.....what an honour to be in this category....I was the only Steel Player on the nomination with some other amazing musicians I highly respect....and truly honoured to be with the rest of these talented people....it was an honour to win CCMA Steel Player this year at the Awards in Edmonton...this really tops it off...wow....please cast your vote at http://www.ameripolitan.com/awards.html whichever way you decide to vote you'll be supporting some great music and artists.....all the best and thanks for your support on the forum....Ed. You can check our WSA music and video at. Www.thewesternswingauthority.com PS played for my little Grand Daughters grade 4 class today...it was a very special Christmas concert....the smiles on there little faces was priceless....life doesn't get any better...a day I will remember forever.....

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2014 4:39 pm     Correct Ameripolitan address.......sorry .....

http://www.ameripolitan.com/awards.html

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2014 10:33 pm    

And as long as you are there voting for PeeWee's fine band, please take a sec for my band, too...we are nominated in the Honkytonk Band category...thanks!

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2014 6:10 am     Ameripolitan Awards

Done John.......Casey James Prestwood and the Burning Angels.....Best Honky Tonk Band.....all the best....

Floyd Lowery

Deland, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2014 6:26 am    

I listened to you first, then I was proud to vote for you. Band, Musician, Female Vocalist, all fantastic. Sounds like all the musicians in the band could have been nominated, but then you would have been going against each other.
I voted for the Honkytonk band too.

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2014 11:06 am     Thanks

Thanks Floyd...appreciate the support....I had a pretty special day playing for my little Grand Daughers class.....I was more nervous playing in front or those little ones, thank playing in front of 30,000 people in my touring days with Lightfoot every night...lol. Have a great Christmas.....

Floyd Lowery

Deland, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2014 6:30 am    

Pee wee I understand going to a school and playing for the young children. They don't know what that instrument is you are playing, and can sure come up with some questions. I worked with a great musician in South Florida. We worked a duo and he programed a lot of the background. He was a school teacher and he talked me into playing for his classes. Since I was not related to any of them, I was probably not as nervous as you.

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2014 7:06 am     Ameripolitan Music Awards...appreciate your support....

Appreciate everyone's support for Ameripolitan Awards on Feb 17....looking forward to playing the show and meeting some great steelers in Austin....If anyone has a steel I could use for 1 song on the show, or knows someone...would appreciate it very much...airline costs to fly a D10 for 1 song are very expensive, plus the worry of having guitar damaged.....thanks everyone and Merry Christmas to everyone and Health & Happiness in 2015....Luv ya all....Ed http://www.ameripolitan.com/awards.html take a second and appreciate your support for musician, I'm the only steel guitar in category and truly honoured....