The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  FS: Lab Series L-9 Amplifier
Jon A. Ross

not actually FROM Maine...
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2014 5:29 pm    

I have for sale a late 70s-early 80s Lab Series L-9 amplifier. Other than a big tube amp (Twin, Vibrosonic) I consider this to be the ultimate steel guitar combo amp. 100 watts (real RMS rating compared to 100 "Peevee watts"), 15" EVM-15L speaker, and unlimited tonal control with a sweepable mid-frequency control and the Robert Moog "Multi-Filter" in addition to treble and bass controis. Very "Fender-y", lush reverb and a true optical compressor on-board. Removable casters. This amp also loves a Telecaster (Ray Flacke) not to mention a big jazz box, too. Bold, fat and clean are the hallmarks of this amp. It is in excellent operating condition and decent cosmetic condition (would probably clean up real nice if your a musician that likes that kind of thing). Desiring a "local" sale (Portsmouth, NH) as this is bigger and heavier than I wish to deal with shipping. $400 cash upon pickup.

Alan Rudd

Ardmore, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2014 5:33 am    

I own one of these myself...great guitar/psg combo amp. Separate channels, plenty of power, and gives you a smooth tube-like sound. Ultimate amp for a telecaster or strat. Ray Flacke sent me his settings, "Everything at one o'clock, then set your compression and reverb to your taste". Awesome!

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2014 8:42 am    

For you Telecaster players, this is the same amp that Ray Flacke played with Ricky Skaggs live and on recordings such as "Highway 40 Blues"... Later when Ray left the band and Ricky took over lead guitar he used one too..........JH in Va.