The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What's It Worth?
Dale Sollenberger

Chambersburg Pa. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2003 8:19 am    

I Don't Know If I'm Really Going To Do This Or Not,But I Probably Should.I'm 58 Years Old, And I Quit The Band Business Almost Two Years Ago,After 25 Yrs.Of The Bulls--t I'm Sure Your All Familiar With. Anyhow,I Have A Derby D10 w/4&8 About 3 Yrs. Old,Excellent Cond.Set Up By Billy Cooper.Also I Have A Nashville 1000 w/Roadcase,An Emmons Volume Pedal,A Goodrich Lo Profile Volume Pedal,A Boss Digital Delay Pedal,A Seat w/Back, Side Box,& Power Strip.What Would All This Stuff Be Worth If I Decided To Sell It.

Joseph V. Sapp

eastern shore, Md.
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2003 8:37 am    

Hi Dale:
dont know if you'd be interested in selling any of the items seperate, but I'd be interested in the Emmons Volume Pedal. Never hurts to have a spare. Give me a call.
717-352-2050

Joe

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2003 2:15 pm    

$3500 or so?

David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2003 3:11 am    

Don't blame the flaws of the music business on your guitars - consider keeping some of it. I was playing in bands and got disgusted with the music business about 10 years ago and sold off a bunch of gear. A few years ago I finally found a way to earn a living that didn't take up all my time, and I really wished I had some of those old guitars back. I've had to re-buy some of the same stuff I sold, but now just as hobby toys. If I ever retire, at least I know I'll have something to do.

Chuck McGill

An hour from Memphis and 2 from Nashville, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2003 4:40 am    

Dale. If you do decide to sell I would be interested in the seat. Let me know
Thanks

David L. Donald

Koh Samui Island, Thailand
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2003 2:09 pm    

I can't give a price on this.
But I can say music comes and goes, but if you have played a long time, it almost invariably returns to you.
So don't dump everything on a whim, or general disgust with the BUSINESS end of music.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2003 3:03 pm    

Don't do it..you'll be sorry .

The musician may walk away from the music but the music never leaves the musician.

tp

Dale Sollenberger

Chambersburg Pa. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2003 4:57 pm    

Okay, I'm Having Second Thoughts About This,But,The Fact Is, I Seem To Have Lost All Interest.After Not Sitting Down To It For 4 Mos.,I Put It Back In The Case,And That Was A Month Ago.The Bad Thing About Trying To Play Country Music In Chambersburg Pa.Is That, First Of All, It's Nonexistent,Everything From Skynard To Stevie Ray Vaughn Is Considered Country In Chambersburg.If You Play The Club Circuit In Chambersburg,Nobody Want's To Hear "Hick Music" Like Alan Jackson Or Vince Gill. I've Traveled As Far As 100 Mi. To Play The Music I Was Happy With,While Trying To Stay "Local".Not Only That,The Lead Guitar Player Was Obessed With Eddie Van Halen,And Didn't Like Being Upstaged By Another Lead Player.I Was Told After I Had Left The Last Band I Was In,That, After Five Yrs In This Band, I Really Didn't Fit In,Because I Wasn't A Part Of The Nose Candy Crowd.So,As You Can See I've Been Soured On The Band Business. But, Who Knows,Maybe Something Will Come Up I Like.So Maybe I,ll Hang On To This Stuff For A While, But,On The Other Hand,If Someone Makes Me A Serious Offer On This Stuff...

Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2003 9:35 am    

Hey Dale:
Come on down to Florida. There is a great market for the old country music. The money isn't the greatest but the fans are.

David L. Donald

Koh Samui Island, Thailand
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2003 5:26 pm    

Dale you're soured on the musical socialogy of your region, not on the music. 4 months is nothing in the big scheme of your musical life.
Most likely as soon as you sell it all, something will come up, with adults doing it,
and you'll say jeez why did I flog my tools.

It's just like the new wife saying ;
"OK your married now, stop all the BS band crap...you're with ME now." * a direct quote.
The surest way to a divorce I ever saw.
Because sometime that old musical itch will resurface.
And guess what the woman above is not with the old guy who is now playing twice a month with some friends and couldn't be happier.

[This message was edited by David L. Donald on 06 April 2003 at 06:28 PM.]