The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  praise to Billy Cooper
Jack Mattison

North Bend, Wa
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2013 2:38 pm    

Hey fellow steelers....... I was driving in my car today, and put in a steel CD by Billy Cooper. As I was listening I thought about all the post on this forum about other great steel players, there style, technic,sound,fingering ect. But have not read anything about Billy Cooper???. I think that as I listend to the CD.... "WOW" What great crystal clear sharp, clean playing and sounding steel. No gimmics just plain ol good picking. The transistions, the modulations, the structure. Right and left hand tech. It is just pure good steel, the way steel should sound. It really made me feel "Happy" while I was listening to him. All you new players out there..... If you want to hear how good steel should sound give a listen to Billy...... I have only been playing for 4yrs now and know I will never get as good as Billy or you guys on this forum, and there are alot of great players here. But I feel Billy Cooper needs a little praise too!!! He makes me want to play and learn. The Bible says "Make a joyfull noise to the Lord". Billy's playing is JOYFULL So hears to you Billy... Keep on keeping on.... and bless you and Wanda and your business. <><

Charles Curtis

Post  Posted 6 Feb 2013 3:35 pm    

I love Billy and Wanda and I don't hesitate to use their services like others. I just wished that they lived next door. I listened and watched Billy play a MCI at the store once and I've never heard better in my life. I've had the pleasure of buying a psg from him and also getting him to work on my two other Emmons. It's a good feeling just thinking about them.

Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2013 4:02 pm     Got a question for you................

While corresponding with (the late) Kenny Dail, I was referred to Billy Cooper's Musical Store online and was thrilled at the musical background that I heard.

Is the music on Cooper's page HIS playing? If it is, I'd have to agree 100% with you. Let's hear more of this fine musicians' work product.

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2013 4:25 pm    

That is Billy playing,and he is a great player. I visit Billy and Wanda as often as possible and always enjoy my time there,very nice people. BTW: If any of you Emmons fans would enjoy seeing P/P #1, it is hanging on the wall in Billy's shop.

Gary Kelley

Pine Hill New Jersey
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2013 4:38 pm    

Billy and Wanda Cooper are the nicest people you ever wanted to meet. They have a full service Steel Guitar facility which is the largest and best in the eastern part of the country. Billy is a great teacher and a killer steel player himself. Check their web site for Billy's Music and the store's catalog. I have been dealing with Billy & Wanda for years and have never been diappointed. www.billycoopersmusic.com

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2013 6:00 pm    

I've used Billy's pedal steel courses in the past and they're awesome, plus you get to hear him play too. Smile

Fred Layman

Springfield, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2014 10:40 am     Billy Cooper Music

Pull up their web site (BillyCooperMusic) and you will see perhaps the largest number of steel guitars on display than on any other site on the internet

Fred Layman

Post  Posted 8 Oct 2014 10:40 am     Billy Cooper Music

Pull up their web site (BillyCooperMusic) and you will see perhaps the largest number of steel guitars on display than on any other site on the internet

Fred Layman

Post  Posted 8 Oct 2014 10:41 am     Billy Cooper Music

Fred Layman

Post  Posted 8 Oct 2014 10:41 am     Billy Cooper Music

Pull up their web site (BillyCooperMusic) and you will see perhaps the largest number of steel guitars on display than on any other site on the internet.

Fred Layman

Post  Posted 8 Oct 2014 10:42 am     Billy Cooper Music

Pull up their web site (BillyCooperMusic) and you will see perhaps the largest number of steel guitars on display than on any other site on the internet.

Fred Layman

Post  Posted 8 Oct 2014 10:42 am     Billy Cooper Music

Pull yup their web site (BillyCooperMusic) and you will see perhaps the largest number of steel guitars on display than on any other site on the internet