The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Jazz Show
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Jazz Show
Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2014 5:34 am    

I just wanted to thank Doug Jernigan, Dave Easley, Bob DeBoo, and Kyle Honeycutt for their great playing and their vision of widening out the role of steel guitar. Like Doug said Dave is probably the only steeler to record major Jazz cds in NYC, besides Buddy. Both Doug and Dave are just brilliant players. They both HAVE widened the role of steel guitar and I'm proud to be a part of that.

I also wanted to thank Scotty, Mike and Sandy for their help with the Jazz Show.

I've got to say I've put a lot of work and money into this show and am very proud of the way it has evolved.

Jim

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2014 5:43 am    

Jim, thank YOU, and Barbara, for creating a place for jazz on the ISGC, for several years running now. Your dedication to this is truly appreciated by the many of us who enjoy jazz and hearing steel guitar in a different context. Kudos to Jim and Barbara!!

Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2014 5:47 am    

How could I forget my co-producer Barbara. She works tirelessly for me and the steel show. THANKS BARBARA!!!

Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2014 4:26 pm     Jazz show

I didn't get to go this year, but it seems every year we hear the story of the aging steelers who don't connect with current music. Too much Mansion on a Hill for the younger crowd. Cudos to the guys who push the envelope. You guys deserve credit for what you do. I appreciate the traditional music as much as anyone, but we must open our minds to what's happening. We could become the fireman on the steam engine.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2014 5:39 pm    

I didn't make it again this year, but maybe next. I pretty much lost interest in playing a couple of years ago, but I'm getting back into it so I may take in a few more shows. The Jazz show was the only reason I went to ISGC the last couple of years I went, and I'm glad the Jazz show is continuing, even though it has become a part of the main show. I'm glad you are playing again Jim, maybe I'll see you at the Phoenix or Dallas shows next year.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2014 5:55 am    

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I hope the show just keeps moving forward and next year is the best year. One more time I need to thank Bob DeBoo and Kyle Honeycutt for there part in it all.

Jim