The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rhode Island Annual Steel Show Sept. 6, 2014
Marcia Rodrigues

Rhode Island, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2014 1:32 pm    

The Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association will be holding its annual steel guitar concert on:

Saturday
September 6, 2014

Liberal Club
20 Star Street
Fall River, MA

3:00 PM

Many local steelers and several out of town guests will perform. For updated information visit the RISGA website http://www.risga.com. Tickets are available at the door ($10.00).

Eddie Cunningham

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2014 1:51 pm     Sounds Great !!!

Thanks for the info Marcia !! Sound like a great lineup !! I can't wait to see all the gang !! I've got a new Reverb/Delay pedal I can't wait to use !! Makes me sound almost in tune , which may be a first !! See you all on Sat.,Sept. 6th !! Don't miss this show !!! olde geeze - AKA Eddie "C"

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2014 3:46 am    

I`ve got to start practicing.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2014 4:36 am    

Anna and I are looking forward to seeing evryone at the RISGA Steel Guitar Show.This will be the Seventeenth Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Steel Show. Anna and I are proud to have started this Steel Guitar Organization and thanks to Tony Palmer,Roger Trahan,and Marsha Rodrigues for keeping it going.We have all put a lot of time and work in keeping it going and Anna and I want to thank everyone for the great work and hope it continues.This is the only one in this area out side of Norwalk CT. that Bob M. has been running for a good may years. We all go to Norwalk to see all the Pro Players that Bob brings in and we enjoy that Steel Guitar Show also.See you all at the RISGA Steel Guitar Show at the liberal Club in Fall River Massachussetts.Watch out every one Anna will not miss nothing now she just had Eye Surgery and has 20/20 vision.
Sam & Anna White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2014 5:39 pm    

looking forward to it ! Mr. Green

Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2014 7:16 am    

Me too!

And thanks to Marcia and Chuck for all your hard work setting up this event.

Chris

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2014 4:14 pm    

Anna and I went to the senior center in Portsmouth today and I went over with intentions to play my Dyna lap Steel and Dobro but the place was pacted with all kinds of instuments.Chuck Rodiques was there playing his Steel guitar and he played MANSION ON THE HILL and if you were not there and watcthing him play you would have sworn it was Jeff Newman what a EXCELLENT Job he done on that song. Great Job Chuck and I think you should play it at the RISGA Steel Guiatr Show the 6TH of September which is a week from this coming Saturday at 3:00PM to 1100PM.
Chuck has come a long way in the past 5 years that is when I heard him last.There was no room for any one else to set up to play there were 15 Diffrent playersand singers.So I just left my Dyna Lap Steel and dobro in the trunk of the car.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Eddie Cunningham

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2014 12:34 pm     N.e. Steel Players Alert !!

I hope all the steel players from the area will drop down this Sat. nite to support the RISGA steel show in Fall River !! This is probably the best chance to hear all types of steel played by many of the top local pickers . Lets prove that steel guitar is not dying around this part of the Country !! COME ON DOWN !!! You will be glad you did !! - the olde non-pedal geezer - AKA Eddie "C"

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2014 5:27 pm    

Going to be a great steel Show with Merle Record and John DE Mallie there. It is going to be nice seeing Eddie Cunningham also plus all the other great steel players. I will be sitting this one out and play next year as i have a few bugs to get cleaned up on my Lap SteelI will bring my Dobro and play with it it in the back room. before the Steel Show.See you all there looking forward to seeing every one again.I will tery to get a hold of my Friends Joe Sapp from PA. and george Wixon in Danbury CT. and see if I can get them to come on down to it and maybe play.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2014 5:50 pm    

Chuck and Marcia Anna and I will be there around 2.00PM and I will do what I can to help set up. I have to watch what I lift so I will do my best.I know what YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AS WE HAD PEOLPE COME DOWN FROM UP STATE N.Y. AND THEY SAID WHERE IS ALL YOUR HELP AND ANNA AND I SAID HERE WE ARE.
Sam hite

Charles Rodrigues

Tiverton, Rhode Island, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2014 4:14 pm    

Hey everybody, it's almost time (as Ed Sullivan would say!) for the showwww!!!! Something like that,I think. Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2014 4:33 pm    

i am planning to come early and help set up as well. see you all saturday !

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2014 5:07 am     Nervous About The Show

I feel like I`m cramming for an exam. I should have abandoned a stone lighthouse that I`m building and taken my steel out more. I hope I can distinguish between steel notes and milking cows.

Charles Rodrigues

Post  Posted 5 Sep 2014 5:15 am    

MANNY, DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU ARE ALONE Crying or Very sad

Marcia Rodrigues

Rhode Island, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2014 5:12 pm     Schedule Posted

I have posted the line-up on our website.
http://www.risga.com

Jim Rice

Littleton, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2014 6:11 am    

Just a few hours away and I'm getting excited!

This is going to be a great show. Great players and a great venue. Check out the reviews of the Liberal Club restaurant. Bring your dancing shoes!

Chuck - I agree - I should have been practicing a lot more and a lot earler. I've still got a couple of hours to practice... But Jake says I shouldn't steel and drive.

See y'all there.

If you're coming from the north on 495 remember there's a UMass football game at Gillette Stadium @ 3:00 and the traffic will be backed up at Route 1.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2014 5:28 am    

Anna and I want to thank you all for having us at the RISGA Steel Show. We enjoyed the Steel Guitar Show as we were hornored to be there.It was a hornor to be there and it was great to see our old friend Merle Record from Oxford Maine.We use to live about two miles from him and his family and we use to go to the Silver Spur Night club that his family members Own.Great to see everyone again and Eddie Cunningham, Manny Escobar and Roger Trahan what can I say the same old friends and we enjoyed them very much.
Sam & Anna White

Eddie Cunningham

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2014 7:10 am     Wuz a GREAT Show !!!

Wuz a great time yesteday ! Really good pickin , singing and lots of grinnin !! Manny strummed the heck out his multi , multi ?? string Mannyharp ,lots of good food and everybody had fun !! I hope Merle made it back to Maine O.K., a four hour trip !! What a guy to come that far and could he pick !! Several guests had to drive a long way and we all appreciated their efforts !! A big thank you to Marcia and Chuck for putting the show together and to all their helpers !! Can't wait till next year !! - olde dead string , out of tune geezer - AKA Eddie "C"

Marcia Rodrigues

Rhode Island, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2014 9:24 am     Thank You

First, thank you to all the guests who attended and made the show worth it!

To Jim and Gene, thanks for showing up early and working throughout the day to help. A great new asset to the club!

The out-of-town players who drive to play, just because they love the music.

Merle did make it home OK. I talked to Jean this morning and he was already at work.

Karen amazed us all and fit right in with all of the other musicians.

To all the member players: every year you get better and better and every year you amaze us all with your talent.

Thanks for making it a great day.

To the back-up band, where would we have been without you. Amazing that you played for the first time together yesterday and pulled it off. Thank you!

The singers: thank you for adding an extended touch to the show, we always enjoy your talent!

To my Vice-President and husband, this show wouldn't go off without your help. Thank You!

Anyone who took pictures yesterday, please forward to me and I will post them.

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2014 10:03 am    

It's great to hear that everything went so well! Keep up the good work RISGA, you're still going strong!

Matt Gillooly

Seekonk, MA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2014 10:33 am    

Thanks for a great time! It was my first time at an RISGA event, and it was great to meet so many of you and see all the great players.

Charles Rodrigues

Post  Posted 7 Sep 2014 11:09 am     Willie

Since my beginning of playing in these RISGA Events, my Aunt Bella (who is now 92) comes up from Plymouth, MA and has never missed a show. Her favorite musician is Willie Nelson.

I would like to thank Manny for doing his Willie impression and dedicating it to her yesterday. You made her day Manny!

God willing that she is with us next year I challenge all my fellow members to pick a Willie song and perform it for her.

Are you up for it?

Thanks

Merle Record

Oxford, Maine, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2014 2:39 pm    

Had a great time with a great bunch of people. It was especially nice to meet and jam with Karen Sarkisan and Trevor Reilly.

I had to chuckle when Karen looked at the "many string Mannyharp" and asked, "who makes these"? I then explained to her that Manny taught high school industrial arts long enough to build himself a steel guitar and then quit and went on the road doing Willy Nelson impressions. Wink

Back to work this morning. Had to build a special batch of 56 bolts, one inch dia. seven and a half feet long. Gee, I'm tired, I think I'll go to bed Wink

Eddie Cunningham

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2014 3:17 pm     The "Maineiack"

Merle , Glad to hear you made it home O.K. !! You better send Manny a couple of those one inch by seven & a half foot bolts !! He will need them to hold that 42 ?? string multi "Mannyharp" peddle steel together !! Good luck and hopefully see you at another Jam Steel Show !! olde geeze - AKA Eddie "C"

Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2014 4:15 am    

I had so much fun saturday seeing old friends and meeting new ones ! Thanks for inviting me to play and I hope to see you all soon. any pics coming ?? Mr. Green