The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons Company Email?
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2003 7:54 am    

Basil, I guess it is too late to help you but if your son needs any Emmons parts if you will call on me I will be happy to be your communicator in the US and see that the parts are sent to you. If you need some fretboards I will pack them between two boards and send them to you. As far as that goes if I can do anything for you with any other problem just call on me. I will be happy to try to help. I am so sorry you have had this bad experience.
Your friend,
Jerry

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2003 11:59 am    

Erv,
Quote:
Sometimes I think we need to get off this high tech roller coaster we seem to be on and get back to the basics of mail, faxes and telephone

Then WTF have Emmons a web presence !! and an ADVERTISED e-mail address ?

Also it seems that some of you have missed the most obvious answer..... you are on their doorstep an can confront them directly, whilst others of us are a LONG way away.
Baz

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2003 12:14 pm    

Jerry
Quote:
Basil, I guess it is too late to help

I'm afraid it is, but I'll personally see to it that Mike my son gets in touch with you and sets up a working relationship.

It is a REAL shame someone like you didn't volenteer to help me a little sooner, some offered but didn't follow through.

I am retiring from the studio and gig scene and concentrating on conventions tuition and the like.For that I only need to play my Standards/Hawaiian style, I'll be leaving the country stuff to those who do it best.

I'm now making a commercial DVD of steel instructional material and rather than give the Emmons company the free publicity they so richly DON'T deserve, I've decided to use a diferent guitar for this and future projects.

Two years ago a personal friend of mine Sen. Donie Cassidy of the Irish Senate asked me to renovate my old 1970 Emmons to put in the Dublin wax museum music section.
You see this guitar was on MOST of the irish country records up to about 1990, and Donie figured it was worth it's place in the music's history.
Well, I asked on the forum, e-mailed well known Emmons guru's, contacted the factory and went blue in the face trying to get the parts I needed, all to NO AVAIL.

Baz

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2003 10:43 pm    

"Still Waiting"
(For a reply from Emmons)
Baz

Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2003 8:04 am    

This thread has been a eye opener.
I have had numerous e-mails with Emmons and everyone has been answered by Rebecca Lashley in a timely manner.They were helpful and very curteous. I can't say the same for some of the highlly recommended people who are so called, Emmons experts.
There are some very competant folks in Nashville and other places who do great work on Emmons equipment.My two cents for what it's worth.

Bud

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2003 8:50 am    

Long live the Lashleys and Emmons Guitar!!!!!
Some people are coal, but these are diamonds!
Erv

Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2003 8:55 am    

Agree with you Erv...Emmons are great sounding steels and the Lashley's are hard working and very nice to work with from my experiences.

Daniel Vorp

Burlington, NC USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2003 10:30 am    

Based upon what I have been reading in this thread, and my personal experience, it seems the Emmons folks respond to their customers selectively. I see there are satisfied customers, no doubt the ones that were not ignored, and I also see dissatisfied customers. IMHO, in order to establish themselves as a credible business, it would serve them well to treat all of their customers with a similar degree of courtesy.

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2003 12:42 pm    

Wouldn't you think that if an Emmons guitar was going to be given pride of place in a museum exhibition, that the company would show SOME interest.

I just don't get it . !!!
Baz
www.waikiki-islanders.com

Reggie Duncan

Mississippi
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2003 1:26 pm    

What email address are you using?

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2003 2:51 pm    

I WAS using ronlashley@emmons.com
But have long since given up, see above.
Also I would ask why e-mails addressed to Ron caused Erv Niehaus to say ..
quote:
This thread has been a eye opener.
I have had numerous e-mails with Emmons and everyone has been answered by Rebecca Lashley in a timely manner

of course that's presuming that Erv used the e-mail link on their site

[This message was edited by basilh on 18 February 2003 at 02:58 PM.]

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2003 3:01 pm    

Don't forget to take into consideration what I said earlier ...
quote:
Also it seems that some of you have missed the most obvious answer..... you are on their doorstep an can confront them directly, whilst others of us are a LONG way away.
Baz

David Cobb

Chanute, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2003 6:27 pm    

I have to agree with Daniel's post. After purchasing a new Emmons from the factory in 1992, I was dismayed by the indifference shown by some of the Emmons Guitar Co. staff. Being cold and indifferent to your customer doesn't help to win loyalty (or repeat customers.) And there are many good competitors out there waiting to snatch up your market share. I guess they're just guitar builders and don't know much about customer relations. Just my own 2 cents.

Lyle Bradford

Gilbert WV USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2003 8:08 pm    

I don't see what the big deal is. You can always try snail mail or a phone call if you needed parts that bad. I just emailed a person 4 times for 2 weeks wanting to buy a Hilton pedal and got no answer. Emailed another 2 times in a week and even another 2 times the same week. I finally gave up and called Bobbe on the phone and ordered one. This is no different and you don't hear me dumping on Keith over it he is a busy man. So is Ron Jr. I think some just have a gripe with Emmons. I callled Ron Jr on the phone and in 2 days had a catalouge of their products. Can't get much beeter than that and i am sure i am not one of the selected few!!

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2003 9:55 pm    

Yeah, I am one of the Hilton dealers that Lyle emailed two or three times. I kept answering his emails and then I would get an email from the email handler stating that the message could not be delivered. I have tried numerous times to get an answer back to Lyle but it just would not work. All the other emails I have sent went just fine. Now Lyle could be upset at me and tell everyone I don't answer my email, just like some guys are talking about the Emmons Company all the way back to 1992. Lyle, I am very sorry I could not get an email answer back to you. I would really have been happy to sell you a Hilton pedal. I am glad you decided to buy one even if I missed the sale because of the email failure. I had a customer wanting two Emmons 12 string fretboards recently and I called them on the phone and talked with Rebecca's Mom and ordered the fretboards and I had them in the mail the third day. I am sure they had to have been mailed out the same day in order to get to me that quick. You see, Lyle tried to contact me by email just as some of you have tried to contact Emmons and I made every effort to answer and didn't know for a couple of days that I was not getting back to him. This sort of thing could just as easily have happened in some of the emails to Emmons.
Jerry

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2003 10:03 pm    

Sorry to get off topic, but I also tried to reply to email from Lyle several times and they got kicked back. His "Reply To" address is lyle@ap-net.com. Lyle, if that's not right, you need to change it in your email account settings or talk to your ISP.

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2003 3:06 am    

You're all making excuses for something that you think is exagerated.
Probably understated... I've left out a LOT of things I could have said about so called Emmons Gurus.
Think about it....Why would I protest so much....AND stop playing Emmons ....AND give my guitars away..
I've worked very hard to be able to afford them..
My previous statement is probably correct.
Quote:
Also it seems that some of you have missed the most obvious answer..... you are on their doorstep an can confront them directly, whilst others of us are a LONG way away

Anyway this is my LAST comment on this subject... and for what it's worth, Emmons (as you'll probably notice) haven't even appeared in this thread !!
I know why.. It's up to you to draw your own conclusions.
www.waikiki-islanders.com
Baz

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2003 7:06 am    

The following recipients did not receive this message:

<lyle@ap-net.com>

I got several of these. (I did try)
Jerry

[This message was edited by b0b on 19 February 2003 at 09:00 AM.]

Lyle Bradford

Post  Posted 19 Feb 2003 5:18 pm    

I did not mention any names!! my email address is lyle@app-net.com. I checked the profile on the forum and that is the way it is listed. I will have to check with the ISP in the morning and have this checked out.Jerry i got my pedal today but I would just soon got it off of you as any one else. This is a perfect example of what i am trying to get across don't bash someone just pick up the phone and call. I also emailed Bobbe and did not get an answer. I would say the problem is on my end with my ISP.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2003 6:45 pm    

Aha, that's it! Lyle your return address only has one 'p' in "app". I'll try to send you an email with directions on how you can change it.

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2003 6:56 pm    

Lyle, I don't mind to let it be known that I was one of those who's answer you did not get. You could have blasted me like Emmons is being blasted. Thanks for your restraint.
Jerry

Lyle Bradford

Post  Posted 19 Feb 2003 8:43 pm    

I think my email is fixed thanks for the help.

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2003 9:23 pm    

I can understand why Ron Jr doesn't have time to answer E-mail.He has way more to do than he can get done.However if I were he.I would simply (not) post an e-mail address for the company.Just a phone #.Seems that would eliminate a lot of confusion and hard feelings.

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2003 2:09 am    

Quote:
I can understand why Ron Jr doesn't have time to answer E-mail.He has way more to do than he can get done

Way more to do than to back up prior sales ?
Baz

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2003 8:05 am    

Baz:
I thought you'd already made your LAST comment on the subject some time back!
I sure hate to see people beating dead horses.