The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hillman Powder Coated Tone Bars
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2019 1:57 pm    

Thanks for the kind words Nelson, I’ve been busy with other projects and neglected this thread. It occurs to me that I need to post current prices:

All lap steels, $ 39.95 sizes are 3/4” x 2 3/4”, 2 7/8”, 3” and 3 1/4”
7/8” x 3”

Standard 7/8” x 3 3/8” $49.95
Standard plus 7/8” x 3 1/2” $51.95
7/8” x 3 13/16” $59.95
15/16” x 3 3/8” $56.95
15/16” x 3 1/2” $58.95

1” x 3 1/2” $59.95

Grooved side bars, 7/8” x 3 3/16” or 7/8” x 3 3/8” $56.96, red or black now-white soon!

Just a few tapered bars, inquire.

Buy one bar at full price, receive a second straight bar same or lesser price for
an additional $15.00. All prices include Priority shipping to US Zip Codes. PayPal
to vmhillman66@gmail.com - or I’ll provide a mailing address if you’d prefer to mail payment-inquiries about color and availability to the same email, Thanks!! Michael
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Last edited by Michael Hillman on 18 May 2020 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2019 10:17 am     Thanks for the support this year!

We appreciate the support from everyone on the Forum, and send warmest greetings for a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous 2020!

I'll share the link to our 2019 video Christmas card

https://youtu.be/ZNAwgIuwSfQ
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2019 7:40 am     Re: Thanks, Terry Niendorf,

Michael Hillman wrote:
Thanks for the kind words and an extensive review of our powder coated bars, so pleased that they are working well for you.

Huge shout out to Mike Hillman . This is Charlie Norris’ Black Raja bar he gave me years ago when I started playing. Charlie pulled it out of his personal pack a seat and gave it to me. It has a ton of miles and I wanted to have it refinished. It has a lot of sentimental value to me. Mike did an absolutely awesome job and it looks and plays like new. It is now housed in its own heavy duty plastic tube and lives in my seat, not to be used. Kept for its mighty mojo. RIP Charlie and thank you Hillman Bars!
[img]https://bb.steelg

Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Last edited by Patrick Huey on 22 Dec 2019 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2019 9:35 am     Thanks Patrick,

Thanks for the kind words, Patrick. And thanks for trusting me to bring new life to Charlie’s Black Raja bar that has such great sentimental value to you, it was my pleasure to get that done, and looking forward to seeing you in Dallas! - Michael

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2019 6:14 pm     Re: Thanks Patrick,

Michael Hillman wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, Patrick. And thanks for trusting me to bring new life to Charlie’s Black Raja bar that has such great sentimental value to you, it was my pleasure to get that done, and looking forward to seeing you in Dallas! - Michael

Thank you very much, sir!
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2020 6:09 pm     restocking all sizes,

Hello, All, getting ready to head for the Dallas Show in a couple of weeks, we will be in the back of the main ballroom next door to Mike Sweeney and Lonnie from Texas Music Supply as in past years. Stop by and say hello if you are attending!

Just took a number of blanks to my powder coater, these will be white, red, and black batches. Tapered bars in the David Wright size, (7/8" tapering to 5/8", 3 1/4" in length, standard and standard plus 7/8" x 3 1/2" among the sizes.

Thanks for all who support our powder coated bar project, latest prices appear above.

Francisco Castillo

Easter Island, Chile
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2020 11:58 am     I want 2

Hi.
I'd like 2 lap steel bars.
3/4 x 2 3/4
Whatever color is available.

Could you please send a Paypal invoice?

paticochile * hotmail

Shipping to Miami 33192

Thanks a lot[/i]

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2020 12:48 pm     Thank you Francisco,

Thank you, Francisco, I will send a PayPal invoice shortly, I have red, dark blue, black and white should you have a color preference, note it in your payment. Thank you for supporting our powder coated bars project! Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2020 3:03 pm     Headed for Dallas !

Will be out of the shop until Tuesday March 17, stop by our booth in the back of the main ballroom and say hello if you are attending TSGA.

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2020 12:28 pm    

Time for me to finally try a 12 stringer, in a new color of course!!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2020 4:43 pm     Thanks Gene!

Thanks for your order, Gene, those two 12 string bars are in process, will be sending them out to you soon—and guaranteed Corona virus free. Appreciate your continued support-stay well!

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2020 4:07 pm     Growing family portrait !

Remember when family portraits meant you had to put on a scratchy polyester suit and put your arm around your sister and smile for 20 minutes?

This one's much nicer Very Happy

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2020 1:38 pm     Mighty fine looking collection!

Looking good Gene - stay safe and well ! Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2020 12:15 pm     Adding a new 12 string bar, 7/8” x 3 13/16”,

Several Forum members have requested a longer 7/8” bar, so I will be adding a 7/8” x 3 13/16” soon. Anticipating that I can price them at $59.95, as material cost is about the same as the one inch bars we are currently producing. Should see the first of this new size around the end of May. Thanks! Michael

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 10 May 2020 2:23 pm    

Getting warm in Pac NW, last year my bars were started to slip in sweaty left hand and i was getting frustrated but this year I am

Quote:
Tanned, rested and ready!

Tommy Martin Young

Sacramento-California, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2020 10:24 am     Re: Adding a new 12 string bar, 7/8” x 3 13/16”,

Michael Hillman wrote:
Several Forum members have requested a longer 7/8” bar, so I will be adding a 7/8” x 3 13/16” soon. Anticipating that I can price them at $59.95, as material cost is about the same as the one inch bars we are currently producing. Should see the first of this new size around the end of May. Thanks! Michael

Michael, I'll be in first in line for the first run of the 3/4" powder coated Glow In The Dark model!!!

"Now is the time for drinking;
now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot."
-Quintus Horatius Flaccus (65-8 B.C.)

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2020 11:14 am     There actually is an off white glow in the dark powder coat

Hey Tommy, At first I thought your inquiry amusing, but I found that there is a glow in the dark powder coating, described to me as off white- not certain how well it performs, but I’d be willing to experiment and do a few different sizes if you want to try one-or two. What length of 3/4” diameter do you favor? I can do 2 3/4”, 3” and 3 1/4” length in that diameter, and of course, all the 7/8” diameter lengths. My powder coater hasn’t done much glow in the dark coating so he couldn’t tell me how long the glow lasts, or if the finish is the same smooth gloss as the colors we have used. Guess you’d leave your bar in the sun or bright light and get it well charged. Let me know your thoughts, Best! Michael Shocked Shocked

Tommy Martin Young

Sacramento-California, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2020 3:38 pm     Glow in the Dark!

AWESOME!!! If you decide to do a run I'll pre-order/pay for 2 so I can keep one charging at all times! 1 each of the 3/4" in the 3" and 3.25" size...shoot me an invoice if you decide to go glow! (and any neon that works with blacklight)

Cheers!

"Now is the time for drinking;
now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot."
-Quintus Horatius Flaccus (65-8 B.C.)

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2020 4:08 pm     I’ll do a few and see how they work,

Sounds interesting- I’ll do a few and include your sizes, and let you know when they are ready.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2020 6:04 pm     Ordering and pricing at the top of this page (24)

Thanks to all who support our powder coated bar project. Order and pricing info appears at the top of this page. Two new products in the works, a longer 7/8” bar - 7/8” x 3 13/16”, first colors are red, medium blue, and black. And a new experiment- a glow in the dark powder coated bar. Got to make a few to see if it really works! Both projects due around end of May.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2020 5:52 pm     First 7/8” x 3 13/16” powder coated bars

Have just a few of these, in black, red, and Snowmobile Purple. $59.95, add a second in this size, or any other “bullet” bar for $15.00.

Fred Thompson

Zephyrhills, FL
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2020 8:05 am    

I received my two bars yesterday.. Red and purple. They're not only pretty to look at, but are smooth and glide over the strings as well as my zirconium bar.. Great job, Michael! I'm a happy customer!
Fred

D. Scheindlin

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2020 5:55 am    

I want to give a quick shout out to Michael. The bars are fantastic, but I think even better is Michael’s customer service. Thanks again for everything, Michael!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2020 6:46 am     Thanks Fred and D.

Thank you both for the kind words, the Forum is a great community!! - it’s with a great deal of pleasure we look back (though it’s hard to believe) that we are approaching six years since we began the powder coated bar project. Thanks to all who support it and we continue to pledge our best efforts! —Michael

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2020 11:24 am    

So... glow in the dark?

Getting pretty toasty in my practice room, mid 80's, schwitzing a lot, can't hang on to chrome bar very well, it's powder coated time!