The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hillman Powder Coated Tone Bars
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 5:32 pm    

Red and white bars are ready, if anyone is interested in the standard plus (7/8” x 3 1/2”) or the new 15/16” x 3 1/2”. Will have black bars in those new sizes next week, thanks !! Michael
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2018 6:36 pm     Current pricing....Powder Coated Bars

All lap steels, $39.95- sizes are, 3/4” x 2 3/4”, 2 7/8”, 3”, and 3 1/4”.
7/8” x 3”

“Standard” 7/8” x 3 3/8”- $49.95
“Standard plus” 7/8” x 3 1/2” 51.95

15/16” x 3 3/8”- $56.95
15/16” x 3 1/2”- 58.95

1” x 3 1/2”- $59.95

We do a variety of colors, inquire which colors are available in your bar size!

We make 3 sizes of tapered bars, inquire if you have an interest in tapered bars—
Current pricing, buy one bar at full price, get a second straight bar for $15.00.
Buy a tapered bar at full price, get a second straight bar of the same or lesser value for $15.00, or a second tapered bar for half price. We will celebrate 4 years selling powder coated bars on the Forum in August, and will have a two for one sale on all straight bars.

My email is vmhillman66@gmail.com or call me at (208) 867-5062. I take PayPal at that address, and Priority Shipping to US Zip Codes is included on all purchases. We love to
give old powder coated bars new life, send me yours along with $10.00 to exchange for a
new powder coated bar. Thanks to all who support our powder coated bar project!
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Last edited by Michael Hillman on 2 Jul 2018 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gary Mcquaig

Blackshear Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2018 3:35 pm     Black Bar

Would like to purchase one of your black powder coated bars.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2018 6:29 pm     Thanks Gary-

Thanks Gary, your bar is on the way, I sent tracking information to your email, Best! Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2018 11:35 am     Two for one sale during August - all straight bars!

To mark 4 years on the Forum selling our powder coated bars, we will do a two for one sale on all straight bars. Terms are as usual, a second bar of the same or lesser value is included with the purchase of any straight bar. Pricing details appear above, along with order instructions. Email me with any questions, and thanks!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2018 5:33 pm     Just picked up

Just picked up a batch of Snowmobile Purple bars in most sizes- as my powder coated says, “Now that’s a man’s purple”. 😉

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2018 9:06 am     blue bars

Hi Michael.
Sent an email wondering if you have any blue colored 7/8 standards and 7/8 standard plus bars left?
thanks
Dick

Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2018 11:07 am    

Michael,
Sent you an email..
Jack

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2018 12:25 pm     Thanks Jack,

Thank you Jack, I’ll send your bars out today and provide you with tracking information, best regards, Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2018 6:08 pm     Thanks for supporting our 2 for 1 sale,

Thanks for supporting our two for one sale, we will, until further notice, offer a second straight bar for $15.00 when you purchase any straight bar at full price, Priority Shipping included. Current prices appear near the top of the page.

Dave Welch

Latrobe PA USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2018 3:37 pm     Great product AND service

Got my 2 new standard size bars Tuesday. The tone is warm & punchy, with good sustain. A nice addition to my stainless bars. They look great with the unique colors too, butterscotch and beige. The current special pricing makes them well worth it!
I appreciate the excellent customer service as well, thanks Michael!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2018 3:55 pm     Thanks Dave!

Thanks Dave, appreciate the feedback! Michael

George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2018 5:56 pm     Powder Coated Bars

Still my favorite bars. I've tried [and own,] all the other popular bars, but nothing compares to the warmth and smoothness of Michael Hillman's powder coated bars. A great assortment of sizes and colors. If you haven't tried one [or two], you should treat yourself, you won't be disappointed.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2018 6:04 pm     Thanks George, hope you are well!

Hello, George, good to hear from you, appreciate the kind words! Michael

D. Scheindlin

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2018 5:41 pm    

Just doubled the size of my collection with a couple bars for my 8-string lap steels. Love ‘em! The tone I get is warm and buttery, and so much easier to hold and maneuver than my stainless steel bar. Thanks again, Michael.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2018 6:36 pm     Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words!

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words, due to a number of requests, we are going to try a batch of darker blue bars in the next couple of weeks. Of all the colors we’ve done, the blues seem to have just a little more of an “orange peel” finish-careful testing by a number of players indicates that this does not affect intonation, but we’d still prefer as flat a finish as possible on our bars. If these do turn out, I’ll post a picture-mean while, here’s a picture of Mike Sweeney taken last week at the Sun Valley Jazz and Music Festival in World Famous Sun Valley, Idaho. Great festival with over 40 groups performing, Mike was with Carolyn Martin Swing Band, they were well received, played 12 shows in 4 days. Mike used a standard plus white bar much of the time, saying he likes the tone for smaller venues- catch Carolyn’s band if they are performing near you, all great players!!

Matt Berg

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2018 2:16 pm     Little Tapered Bars

Just came in the mail. Looking great and a perfect size for slanting on a 6 string lap steel. Infinite sustain with the compressor. Way better for sustain than the Manoloff, and more precise handling. Just a little smaller and similar weight to my Black Rajah, but with a much greater taper. Why did I wait so long?

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2018 3:21 pm     Thanks, Matt,

Thanks Matt, I’m pleased to hear that those small tapered bars work well for you!

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2018 3:42 am    

I'll say it again, still the best bars out there. I have a black one and red one. Don't use anything else.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2018 7:55 am     Thanks Larry,

Thanks, Larry, appreciate the kind words-any chance I’ll see you at the Dallas Show in March? Hope all is well with you and yours! Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2018 9:12 am     Merry Christmas to all!

Wishing everyone on the Forum a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, healthy and safe 2019, from snowy Idaho!

https://youtu.be/cQUSgW-dFKs

Patrick Sullivan

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2018 2:40 pm    

22 pages of good reviews can't be wrong. I just received two bars ordered from Mr. Hillman less than 48 hrs ago. Smooth sliding, great sounding. I order many things online. High quality products and the best customer service come from folks on this forum. Thanks to all.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2018 7:34 pm     Thanks Patrick,

Thanks Patrick, greatly appreciate the kind words, please let me know if you need anything else!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2019 7:26 pm     Out of the shop until February 5, 2019

Going to take a couple of weeks and visit siblings in Arizona- and thus escape the Idaho winter for a while. I will be checking and answering email. Thanks! Michael

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2019 10:40 pm     bars

Hey happy siblinging Michael, enjoy.
IWe got another convert tonight. I met another new friend tonight, a pedal steel player out of Jordan Mt came by to play for a while, and loved your bar. So he will be ordering from you. He does very little on the computer but he will be emailing you as soon as I send him your email.
Happy New Year too!!
Smile Smile
Dick