The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hillman Powder Coated Tone Bars
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2017 7:15 am    

Here's a line up of standard bars, showing the colors available in 7/8" x 3 3/8" bars at present:

red, white, black, yellow, purple, butterscotch, dark blue, teal, and tan. Many lap steel bars, 15/16" and one inch bars available in these colors, buy one, get one free on all straight bars through August 31st. Order information and pricing appears near the end of page 19, thanks all!
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2017 7:06 pm     ^^^

Thanks to all who've ordered our bars!
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2017 6:54 am     New color coming - John Deere green -

We've had requests to do a variety of bars in John Deere green - hope to have those completed in three weeks or so. I'll post a picture when they are available, if this color is of interest to you, let me know so I have that size in the first batch.

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2017 12:51 pm     Hillman powder coated bar collection

I decided to round up all of my bars and take a picture of them. I can't say enough good about Michael's bars.
I have tried every size I believe except the smaller tapered bar. The bar I use depends on what my hand can manage on any particular day.
My favorite bar at the moment is the large tapered bar followed by the 7/8th by 3 3/8" bar.

Michael I hope you don't mind my showing off my collection.
Folks these bars have been one of the major factors in my being able to continue to play.
They are nice to grip, warm up nice, less apt to lose them out of my hand, and are quiet.
While I don't need this many bars, the fact that they work so well has let me buy different colors for fun and have the confidence they will all be just as nice.
Smile Smile Smile
Dick

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2017 6:43 pm     Thanks for the post, Dick,

Thanks for the photo, Dick, that is quite a collection! Appreciate all of the support over the past three years, you have been routinely picking up a bar or two since we first began our project, there are some of our Forum brethren that have a few of our bars, but you definitely have the most. I'm just pleased that they work well for you, Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2017 7:32 pm     New color, John Deere green

Will post photos soon, available in most sizes

D. Scheindlin

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2017 7:53 pm    

Email sent - can’t wait to get one of these.

D. Scheindlin

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2017 6:30 am    

Got my bars yesterday and had about an hour to play with them. Really nice, much easier for me to grip and maneuver than the stainless bars I’ve used. And the awesome colors don’t hurt either!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2017 5:56 pm     Thanks, Doniel,

Thanks, Doniel, pleased to hear the bars are working for you! Michael

George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2017 8:08 am     Powder Coated Bars

Michael, The new bars arrived yesterday. Great colors including the new "John Deere" green. Very warm and comfortable bars to use. Thanks, George

Bill Sinclair

Waynesboro, PA, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2017 9:46 am    

Hey Michael,

I'm sure enjoying my Teal and Butterscotch 3" tapered bars. It's a good fit (and look!) for my 8-string guitars. Thanks!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2017 11:25 am     Thanks for the comments, guys,

Thanks to Doniel, George and Bill for taking the time to post! Here's a photo of John Deere green bars - one inch, 15/16", standard and 3" lap bars, and David Wright tapered, and 3" tapered:

Current pricing: (inquire as to color availability by size)
All lap steels $36.95 in 3/4" diameter, lenths are 2 3/4", 2 /7/8", 3" and 3 1/4"
Also have a lap steel bar in 7/8" x 3"
"Standard" 7/8" x 3 3/8" $49.95
15/16" x 3 3/8" $56.95
1" x 3 1/2" $59.95
BUY ANY STRAIGHT BAR AND GET A SECOND BAR FOR $15.00

Tapered bars: David Wright bar 7/8" tapering to 5/8", 3 1/4" long $56.95
3" tapered bar, (1/4") taken from rear end DW bar $53.95
2 3/4" tapered bar, 3/4" tapered to 1/2" $51.95

BUY ANY TAPERED BAR AND GET A SECOND FOR 1/2 PRICE

vmhillman66@gmail.com THANKS!!

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2017 12:58 pm     John Deere

Ooh boy that's a nice color.
Should be able to harvest lots a notes with that Deere.
As soon as I get my tapered Deere, I'll plant some notes on the music stand and harvest away!! Hahahaha
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2017 1:04 pm     Good plan, Dick,

Hey Dick, your tapered bar is in the photo, second from the right, but it's on its way to Montana now....😉

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2017 1:12 pm     Deere

Oh yeah!!
Come to Papa, Deere. We're going to waltz on the strings.
Whoa! Shocked Very Happy

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2017 11:42 am     Bars

My big Red and Deere Green taoer bars arrived just now, thanks Michael.
They look good just standing beside each other, I immediately think of Christmas. Really nice red and green.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dick

Bill Sinclair

Waynesboro, PA, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2017 12:18 pm     Re: Bars

Dick Chapple Sr wrote:
My big Red and Deere Green taoer bars arrived just now, thanks Michael.
They look good just standing beside each other, I immediately think of Christmas. Really nice red and green.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dick

Guess that'd be Farmall Red, then? Winking

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2017 6:59 pm     Farmall Red??

Well - maybe. We farmed in an area with sandy loam soil and no rocks. Nothing but 8N and 9N Ford tractors, great little tractors, but they were a sort of off-white gray. Haven't had any requests for that color yet.

Remember, if you have any older powder coated bar(s), return them to me with $10 for each bar you'd like to trade on a new one, just email me at vmhillman66@gmail.com for complete color selection and a mailing address. Thanks to all who support our project, and in turn, allow us to support the Forum!

Bill Burch

California, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2017 9:49 am     Many thanks

I just want to publicly thank Michael for not only making a great product, but for also providing such outstanding service.

If you haven't yet tried one of his bars, you should do so immediately. I recently took up lap steel as a guitar "alternative" while recovering from nerve damage to my left hand. I was having trouble gripping a traditional polished steel, and the Shubb SP-1 I was using, while easy to hold, was tougher to slant and didn't provided the tone of a weightier bar.

The powder coating on Michael's bar gives enough grip for me to hang on to, while providing the action and tone that, to me, sounds wonderful.

His bars are expertly made and a true bargain. Michael responds quickly to emails and ships promptly.

Do yourself a favor and try a couple of this bars.

With gratitude.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Burch on 14 Oct 2017 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2017 10:23 am     powder coated bars

Bill you are perfectly spot on.
So well said.

I have rheumatoid arthritis, and suffer from nerve damage from chemo years ago, and Michael's bars are lifesavers.

In fact hey Michael, a new color.....make the bar look like a roll of lifesavers....hahaha. I never again need to look for a different bar.

This is not to gain any points with Michael, I agree with Bill whole heartedly. It is a pleasure to deal with fellow musicians like him. And there are many musicians on this forum just like Michael.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2017 4:12 pm     Thanks to Bill and Dick,

Thanks, Bill, appreciate the kind words, pleased to hear that our powder coated bars work well for you! Dick, greatly appreciate your continued support, big jazz festival in Sun Valley next week, you should motor west and catch some great music with us. Carolyn Martin Swing Band is featured this year, with about 40 other groups. Mike Sweeney plays pedal steel in her band. My pal Terry Niendorf is loaning him one of his double tens so he doesnt have to drag one from Nashville.

George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2017 1:22 am    

Get one of these John Deere Mikey Bars!!! "Nothing Slides Like A Deere"

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2017 9:37 am     Thanks, George,

Thanks, George, lookin’ good with that John Deere gear and a green bar! -Michael

Randy Owens

West Central Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 12:56 am     Re: Farmall Red??

Michael Hillman wrote:
Well - maybe. We farmed in an area with sandy loam soil and no rocks. Nothing but 8N and 9N Ford tractors, great little tractors, but they were a sort of off-white gray. Haven't had any requests for that color yet.

How about Allis Chalmers orange?!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2017 12:40 pm     That’s a thought, Randy,

Good suggestion Randy, I’ll do some checking and see if Allis Chalmers Orange is available- and if it’s much different from other orange colors.