The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hillman Powder Coated Tone Bars
Stephen Abruzzo

Philly, PA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 7:41 pm    

Hey Michael, any gloss butterscotch in the current batch?

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 7:48 pm     Hey Steve,

Good to hear from you, I'm out of butterscotch at the moment, but intend to do that color again later in the spring. I'm doing some bars in gloss Harley Davidson orange in a week or so, I could slip a 7/8" x 3" in there for you if you are interested ??
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Stephen Abruzzo

Philly, PA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 7:50 pm    

Could you do 4 in orange?

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 8:13 pm     I have blanks enough to do two 😬😬 in HD orange

I need to restock 7/8 x 3 blanks, which I can't do for a few weeks....got to sell more of the colors already in stock in that size. Would you want the flatted top-sitar style on these?
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Bob Poole

Myrtle Beach SC, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2017 12:33 am     Bars

Got mine today.Fast shipping & a GREAT bar....Love the feel & the tone.Excellent product & a great deal @ 2 for 1.

Stephen Abruzzo

Philly, PA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2017 5:36 am     Re: I have blanks enough to do two 😬😬 in HD orange

Michael Hillman wrote:
I need to restock 7/8 x 3 blanks, which I can't do for a few weeks....got to sell more of the colors already in stock in that size. Would you want the flatted top-sitar style on these?

No sitar bars this time. Laughing The 2 gloss HD orange would be perfect....in addition to whatever else I want.

Will e-mail you my order in a bit.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2017 6:26 am     Thanks to Bob and to Steve,

Thanks for the report, Bob. And Steve, I'll get yours in the que ....

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2017 1:28 pm     Check below on this page for pricing details

Details of sizes, prices and color selection on page 18 of this thread, email me with any questions vmhillman66@gmail.com or call me at (208) 867-5062. Thanks!! Michael

Last edited by Michael Hillman on 13 Mar 2017 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sam Bishop

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2017 6:12 pm     Got my bar today

Micheal, wanted go let you know I received my bar today. Wonderful looking and feeling. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Steven Tekulsky

New York, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2017 9:06 am     Powder Coated Bars

Not only are these great bars, but Michael is great to deal with. Professional and stands behind his creations no matter what. Rare to find a combination of a fine product and prompt, courteous customer service. Recommended without hesitation!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2017 10:22 am     Thanks to Samuel and Steven,

Thanks for the kind words, guys, nearing our three year anniversary selling our bars on the Forum, there is not a finer group on earth to deal with than our Forum brothers....two for one sale continues through Weds March 8th, headed to the Dallas Show early Thursday morning, the 9th. Hope to see many of you stop by our table in the main ballroom and chat for a while!

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2017 12:31 pm     Bars

gotcha' paid Michael.
Deive safe and have a fun time.
Dick Smile Smile Smile

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2017 1:06 pm     Thanks, Dick,

Thanks, Dick, really appreciate all of the support that you've given our project!

Don Ribordy

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2017 8:26 am     Bars

Michael, got the bars. They look great, feel great and sound great. Thanks again. Don

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2017 2:40 pm     Thanks, Don,

Thanks, Don, appreciate hearing from you, and thanks to all who ordered bars during the two for one sale - was so much fun, we will do it again in August as we mark our 3rd year selling powder coated bars on the Forum. I just landed in Dallas for the Texas Show, will repost pricing and ordering information when I have some time tomorrow, we are now offering a second bar for an additional $15 when you purchase a bar for full price, prices appear below on this thread, inquire about available colors in the various sizes, email is vmhillman66@gmail.com and my cell is 208-867-5062 Thanks! - Michael

Last edited by Michael Hillman on 13 Mar 2017 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2017 10:18 am     Buy any bar and get a second of equal value for $15.00

All lap steels 3/4" x 2 3/4", 3/4" x 3", 3/4" x 3 1/4", 7/8" x 3" $ 36.95

"Standard" size 7/8" x 3 3/8" variety of colors. $49.95

15/16" x 3 3/8" variety of colors $56.95

Stainless steel (316 grade) sitar bar. $56.95

David Wright custom tapered bar 7/8" to 3/4" x 3 1/4" $56.95

One inch x 3 1/2" $59.95

Prices include Priority shipping to US Zip Codes, add $5.00 per bar for Canadian shipments, add $25.00 for international shipping. PayPal preferred at vmhillman66@gmail.com or will provide a mailing address if you'd prefer to pay by check or money order, call (208) 867-5062 with any questions, or use the email address above, Thanks! Michael

Last edited by Michael Hillman on 13 Mar 2017 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2017 1:11 pm     Bars

Thanks Michael, got my 4 bars today.
Haven't tried them yet, just opened the well packaged box. The David Wright tapered bars look like the cat's meow!!!

Smile Smile Smile
Dick

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2017 8:30 am     Thanks, Dick,

Thanks, Dick, glad those tapered bars look good to you, since we made them, there have been a couple of other players express some interest. One player at the Texas Show told me that he has a tapered bar that's just a bit larger, and he uses it to prevent cramping in his left hand. And, speaking of the Texas Show, a huge thank you to Albert and Debbie and all of the staff at The Texas Steel Guitar Association for putting together such a great show. The house band worked their hearts out, and the talent was superb. Great to have a number of Forum members stop by our booth, we really had an enjoyable time and intend to make that our yearly spring break.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2017 3:51 am     teal green batch coming soon,

A couple of Forum Members have requested bars in teal green, will be meeting with my powder coater later today and making the final decision on that one. I'll post photos when we have those ready, and will do the usual variety in sizes, a few lap steel bars, the majority in standard 7/8" x 3 3/8".

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2017 7:55 pm     ^^^^

To the top!

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2017 2:47 am    

Want to thank Michael for making me the bars, Love them...slid great, and easier to hold on too.. Get YOURS today !!!!!!....

David Weisenthal

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2017 8:02 pm    

Just got my tan standard 7/8" bar yesterday and I am loving it. I played a few hours with it and my index finger doesn't want to creep off like the regular stainless bars. It has a silky smooth surface and most importantly it great sound. The tan shows up nicely on a black fret board. Great product and super fast shipping too. Michael gets two thumbs up.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2017 6:54 am     Thanks to David Wright and David Wiesenthal!

Thanks, guys, appreciate you both taking the time to post!

Hal Braun

Eustis, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2017 11:01 am    

Michael,

Got the orange and white bars today.. very nice! The longer bar is the ticket for my hands.. very nice weight, easy to move!

thanks again for getting them out so fast!

Hal

Joe Cook

Lake Osoyoos, WA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2017 2:34 pm    

Just got two bars from Michael. They feel very nice, smooth and quiet on the strings and the weight is just right for me. The powder coating gives them a positive grip. The blue matches my MSA classic xl too! Now I need to buy a red steel guitar to match the other bar I got from Michael. Cool Speedy friendly service, thanks Michael!