The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hillman Powder Coated Tone Bars
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2014 5:58 am    

Thanks, James, appreciate your post, and appreciate the pm's in response to running a batch of smaller bars - most requested size at this point is 3/4" x 2 3/4". I am discussing final plans for these bars with our machinist today. We will still take color suggestions, watch for an announcement within the day re estimated completion.
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2014 6:56 am     Initial run of smaller bars by Mid-October,

Again our thanks to all who have expressed an interest in a smaller powder coated bar, just returned from meeting with our machinists--we will have the initial run of 3/4" x 2 3/4" bars no later than the middle of October!
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2014 8:41 pm    

Bump these bee-utiful bars Very Happy Very Happy

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2014 4:55 pm     3/4"x 2 3/4 inch bars on the fast track,

Thanks to our great machinists and our powder coater for moving these bars to the top of their respective work loads - we will have some bars by end of next week - we will post photos as soon as they are ready!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2014 9:06 pm    

TTT^^^

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2014 6:48 pm     3/4

We just picked up 20 bars in each of the colors that we are presently using, gloss red, gloss black, and gloss dark blue. The price is $44.95, which includes Priority Mail shipping. My PayPal address is vmhillman66@gmail.com As soon as I have better photos, I will post them on this thread, thanks to all who expressed interest in this size bar. - Michael

Last edited by Michael Hillman on 22 Nov 2014 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2014 1:01 pm     Photos of the 3/4" x 2 3/4" lap steel bars,

The colors are the same as the first run of larger bars; both the blue and the red are darker and richer in color. $54.95 includes Priority Shipping, thanks! - Michael Hillman

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2014 9:34 pm     weight of the lap steel bars,

The weight of the 3/4"x 2 3/4" lap steel bars is 4.7 ounces.

James Nottage

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2014 5:24 am    

Just received mine. Like it a lot. Thanks so much.

James

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2014 2:29 pm     Thanks James,

Thanks, James, I'm pleased that the lap steel-size coated bar is working well for you! - Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2014 4:44 am     ^^^ to the top,

Taking in the first two days of the Uncle Penn festival in beautiful Bean Blossom, Indiana-great weather, and the promise of a great show. Have a good supply of bars and Priority boxes with me - no delays in bar requests!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2014 7:13 am     TTT^^^....bar with grooved sides?

To the top....Regarding inquiries about producing a bar with grooved sides - perhaps in time.

John Limbach

Billings, Montana, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2014 7:19 am    

Michael:

Have been playing with your powder coated bar since it got here last week. I like it a lot. The tone is great, slides and grips easily. Would you think about making it a bit longer? 3" inches seems like it might be about right. At 2 3/4 its a hair shorter than my other 2 7/8 bars and could stand to get my thumb out of the way on long strums.

John

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2014 12:43 pm     Thanks, John,

Thanks, John, appreciate your review and comments. I will meet with our machinist next week, and see if we might produce a small run of 3/4" x 3" bars. Best Regards, Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2014 7:31 pm     Ttt ^^^

Bump to the top

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2014 5:32 pm     We will have 3/4

3/4" stock has been machined and delivered to our powder coater. As soon as they are ready, we will have a slightly longer lap steel in the same dark red gloss, dark blue gloss, and black gloss, as previous sizes. - we estimate 10 days to two weeks to have these in stock, we will post on this thread as soon as we receive them. Price is the same as the slightly smaller lap steel, $44.95 shipped Priority to US Zip Codes, Thanks, Michael

Last edited by Michael Hillman on 22 Nov 2014 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Joerg Schubert

Hagen, Germany
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2014 11:52 am    

My powder coated bar arrived a couple of days ago. Since than I played it daily

It looks very good with its blue colour. If you touch it is not cold like steel, very pleasant. The surface of the powder coat has a very low glide resistance, excellent. So far the bar doesn’t show any wear from playing. Due to the mass it has a very good sound and sustain. I really like the bar, it is a keeper.

John Limbach

Billings, Montana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2014 2:17 pm    

I still love mine and will order one or more of the 3/4 x 3 as soon as they are available. Let me know.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2014 2:38 pm     Thanks, John,

Thanks, John, I'll let you know when the 3" are ready; we are discounting multiple bar purchases, and sales to previous buyers...I expect them in a week to ten days. - Best, Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2014 2:35 pm     3/4

Just picked these up today, some lap steelers have requested a 3" bar, we have these in red, black and blue. If you have already purchased any bar from us, or if you wish to purchase more than one bar, we'll offer a discount, these are priced at $44.95 which includes Priority Mail to US Zip Codes, Pay Pal preferred, but will accept checks, money orders, one ounce .999 silver rounds, etc. Thanks!! Michael

Last edited by Michael Hillman on 22 Nov 2014 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2014 5:51 am     John, check your email,

John, I've received your payment, but I have a question - check your email, I sent a PM, but I'm thinking our spam filters are working overtime. Thanks, Michael

James Nottage

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2014 4:00 am    

I've just sent you an order via PayPal for the 3" for lap steel

James Nottage

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2014 4:06 am    

Just sent a pm for order

John Limbach

Billings, Montana, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2014 5:23 am     Re: John, check your email,

Michael Hillman wrote:
John, I've received your payment, but I have a question - check your email, I sent a PM, but I'm thinking our spam filters are working overtime. Thanks, Michael

Nothing yet on PM or e-mail. Sent you a PM with an alternate e-mail address. But here it is again: jflimbach@yahoo.com

Thanks,

John

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2014 5:42 am     Thanks, John,

Thanks, John, resent the message directly to your yahoo account, the way I should have done it yesterday morning. Michael