The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons P.P.
Allan Thompson

Scotland.
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2003 10:42 am    

I have a 1982 Push Pull Emmons 8x4 black mica in very good condition, I`ve had this guitar from new. I have not had this guitar out of the case since I bought an all pull guitar which I love in June of last year. My question is are these guitars going to keep their value or would I be better to trade it now while people are still looking for them. The reason I ask this now is because I am planning a trip to the Dallas show.

Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2003 11:03 am    

I'm fresh out of crystal balls, but you can check the Buy and Sell postings to gather some data. I think you'll find that a D-10 with 8 and 4 or more will bring $1500 (on the VERY LOW side) to $3000 depending on a LOT of things. Most that are in particularly good shape are $2000 to $2500. Considering they cost $800 or $1000 in the first place, I'd conclude that they hold their value pretty well.

------------------
Larry Bell - email: larry@larrybell.org - gigs - Home Page
2000 Fessenden S-12 8x8, 1969 Emmons S-12 6x6, 1971 Dobro

Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2003 11:04 am    

The value of an Emmons Push/Pull will likely hold or grow forever. Just like a classic old Fender or Gibson, they only become more valuable with age. I bet you could move it in Dallas to a happy new owner.

Brad Sarno
St. Louis, MO

Post  Posted 23 Jan 2003 11:24 am    

As an owner of two PPs, my advice to you is keep it unless you need the money right now. It will never be worth less than it is today, and if trends continue, it will be worth significantly more down the road.