The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  I Just Played a Millenium!
Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2002 11:47 am    

Thanks to my new friend Ken Drost I have been loaned his MSA Millenium D-10 to play for my own evaluation-and I will now attest that this is as fine a pedal steel guitar as one could own! The tone is bright,clear,big and round! I don't know how else to say it except that in a side by side comparison to my beloved '65 Emmons wraparound-the Millenium delivers!-In the past I was never a fan of MSA steel guitars-I did not care for the tone or feel of them-and so I never cared either about all this controversy of what happened with Maurice,his previous business,and those who may have been offended from what transpired in the past-I only know that in my conversations with Reece he has always treated me with the kind of respect given to a good friend-and I believe in his sincerity and commitment to this new product which I think I am going to own as soon as I can scrape up a little more money from selling some of my other instruments-that does not mean that I am selling my old Emmons P/P-It just means that I'm going to retire them for awhile

Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2002 3:54 pm    

Paul
My first real steel was an MSA, I have just obtained an MSA Classic, which Reece confirmed is a 1973 S-10 5x4 and it is still in mint condition, and I love it. If it takes every penny for the rest of my life, I shall have a Millenium, one way or another, I'm not that good a swimmer ,but I would take on the Atlantic for a Millenium.
Good on ya' Paul, and Reece your a Gem.
Dave

Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2002 4:40 pm    

Dave-the more that I play this guitar-the more I am starting to love it-and the more it is convincing me to buy it-and I am finding that it plays fast for me-and I am getting back the speed picking that I used to have but had recently kind of lost to pain in my hands-If you like your "Old MSA" you will LOVE this "New MSA"

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2002 9:36 pm    

Thats one heck of an endorsement coming from
Paul Warnik. I'll bet Reece will be happy to hear how much you think of his new baby.

Speaking of babies,,,send me a photo of that
PA re-issue...I just might,,,,,,,,,,

Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2002 4:56 am    

Paul W....Your friend Ken's trust in you is a tribute to your mutual friendship and attests to your honesty and integrity. All of us at MSA thank you so much for your comments. We will look forward to your becoming part of the MSA family.

Dave S....Thank you for owning an MSA. Let me know before you start swimming the Atlantic and I'll send you your Millennium cabinet which can also serve as a flotation devise. When you arrive we will build your guitar from the same cabinet which will not have sustained any ill affects from the crossing.

Your nice comments are appreciated.

Jody C....Yes, everyone at MSA is very appreciative of the comments within this thread.

More importantly for me, is knowing and having the fact reinforced that there are so many kind, thoughful and caring people who read, and at times participate on this forum in a dignified, kind, responsible and thoughtful manner.

Doug Seymour

Jamestown NY USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2002 5:44 am    

Reese, now I'm just teasing....'cause I think
the world of you & your steels.....but there used to be the "boat anchor" comment about the old plywood MSAs. Now we can't use them for that because they float?? The best use for an MSA, new or old is to play the heck out of it and enjoy doing it! Keep doin' it
Reese!

Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2002 2:19 pm    

Paul, what about the people like Paul King who have legitimate claims against MSA and continue to be ignored? Do you think that this is ehtical or moral? I will NEVER have anything to do with MSA products or their management and have sympathy for the people who have suffered losses. Doesn't that mean anything to you? Isn't this just hypocrisy?

Gary Steele

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2002 4:01 pm    

Paul, I bought a brand new M.S.A. SS in 1979 From Carl Hawkes in Circleville Ohio, And that guitar sounded Great. Bud Carter done an adjustment on it at St.Louis 2 years ago and said it was Exceptional. I sold it to a guy in Michigan, And not i think it's out in Reese's territory in Texas. I really believe a lot of people that said they don't like the tone of these MSA's dont know how to set their amp, MHO.I had that SS 20 years and about everyone loved it. I agree with many people i think Reese is superb. When my Excel Superb U-12 sells you will see me playing a new Millinium S-10 S-12 Extended E9th.I dont play the B6th so i'm gonna let someone else have this Monster. Thanks,
Gary Steele

------------------

Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2002 4:34 pm    

The dictionary that I keep by my terminal defines "hypocrisy" as "pretense of being what one is not or feeling what one does not feel" I cannot see from my viewpoint how this adjective applies to me in the matter of discussion-b0b please close this thread