The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  B&W B Bender
Bob Poole

Myrtle Beach SC, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2014 7:51 pm    

I recently acquired a Fender Standard Tele with a B&W B bender in a trade.Have owned (2001-2003)a Fender Standard with a Parsons/Green which I sold to buy another steel & and lately had been playing a friends Nashville Tele with the P/G.i wanted another B bender really badly...Bill Warford of B&W made that happen & I have to say,it's a nice guitar & Bill is certainly one of the friendliest & nicest folks I've ever dealt with.the guitar is a gorgeous blue 2006 Standard with your typical great Tele tone...on it's own,bender aside,i love the guitar.there was & still is some transitioning to do from the Nashville to this one,a different feel between the two,but it's coming along well.this guitar has found its home.I've discovered that,for me,there have been some guitars that are just really special.it may be the tone,it may be the feel,the color,etc...I know that a lot of times,it's all those things plus the circumstances surrounding the acquisition of that instrument & the person it came from,as is the case with my Emmons.this Tele falls into that group!!! would I buy another B&W from Bill....YES!!!in a quick second!!!this is one of those"really hard to put down"guitars...Very nice installation,design & craftsmanship.I made a new friend as well,thanks Bill.
Very Happy Very Happy

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2014 5:02 am    

Hey Bob, congrats on your acquisition of a very cool B-Bender guitar. I love the way Bill puts his systems together with the bender saddle thing similar to a Glaser system but then puts the strap pulling peg in a slot like a P/W instead of that lever like a Glaser uses. I don't like the Glaser lever(s) at all and I think you lose the balance of the guitar with those.... Here's a shot of my main Telecaster. We've been together for over thirty years now..........JH in Va.