INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

How do you like it now? (Details)

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  slide tubes / tone bar cases available again
Michael Lee Allen

Des Plaines Illinois just NW of ChIraq
Post Posted 4 Dec 2013 3:49 pm     Reply with quote

These are available again, same deal as before, you pay $6.00 to cover the Flat Rate Small Box Priority Mail postage and I can send you as many as eight. Colors available are clear/opaque, green, red, brown, and gold. These were used as "void fill" in shipping cartons from my long drawn out move so there are times when I will run out of one or more colors. Email me your name and address and your color choice or choices and I'll give you an address to send cash to. Can't afford to lose money dealing with PayPal or checks/MOs on this thing. USA only. NO overseas shipping as I've looked into it several times with several countries and nobody was willing to pay the postage costs before and they haven't gone down since...

Michael Lee Allen

Post Posted 4 Dec 2013 3:52 pm     Reply with quote

Inside dimensions are approximately 3" X 1". Fine for most dobro or lap/console steel tone bars or guitar slides but too small for the average PSG bar.
Michael Lee Allen

Post Posted 16 Dec 2013 3:56 pm     Reply with quote

All requests to date will go out tomorrow 12.17.13. Red. Clear. Green. Gold. Brown. Mix or match any way you want although brown is in short suppy right now...

Michael Lee Allen

Post Posted 8 Jan 2014 6:25 pm     Reply with quote

All caught up with everybody as of today 01.08.14. I am out of brown tubes for the present. I have more but they are void fill in boxes stored in California so there won't be any more brown available for a while. Decent quantities of the other colors are here and ready to go.
MLA
Larry G. Allen

Near Nashville Tennessee, USA
Post Posted 13 Jan 2014 11:34 am     Reply with quote

Got mine in the mail today. Thanks Michael !

Post Posted 11 Feb 2014 1:11 pm     Reply with quote

Bumping this up as it's been a month or so and I'd been busy with other things. No incoming boxes since so there are still no brown ones available but there's more than enough of the clear and other colors.
MLA
Tom Snook

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Post Posted 11 Feb 2014 6:32 pm     Reply with quote

I bought some M&Ms for $1.50 at Target,tube works great!

Post Posted 6 Feb 2017 8:43 am     Reply with quote

Bringing this back up to the top as I have had some stuff shipped out from California and have a few hundred more of these that were used as "packing material". USPO Flat Rate boxes have gone up in price since. 8 tubes in a "small box" will run $7 and I have got 60 or so stuffed into a "medium box" for $14 if you have a huge bar/pick collection. Had to dig up this old thread as the photos I used to have in the MAC were erased. Send a PM with location if you can use any and I'll get back to you with what's available color-wise.
MLA
Terry VunCannon

Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
Post Posted 6 Feb 2017 10:41 am     Reply with quote

These are great. I carry one for finger picks, one for my Asher bar, and one for my Charlies capo. A diff color for each. Good stuff. Thanks.
Michael Lee Allen

Post Posted 8 Feb 2017 10:09 am     Reply with quote

Measuring these to respond to some questions...
There is a slight taper and a small ""hump" in the center of the bottom. Using an old wood yardstick I'm estimating 7/8" at the bottom with a slight taper to the top which is 1&1/16". 3" length from the top of the "hump" to the "lip". And then another 3/16" from the lip to the top of the lid/cover. If I get my hands on a micrometer or other measuring device and an Xacto knife I'll cut one open and get better measurements. Most PEDAL steel bars will be too big for these but they work for most lap/console/dobro bars and as pick containers too.
MLA
Michael Lee Allen

Post Posted 15 May 2017 1:00 pm     Reply with quote

Got some more of these as "void fill" in a few packages shipped to me so they are still available in reasonable quantities.
MLA