The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Derby Steel Guitars
Rusty Hurse

Hendesonville, Tn
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2002 1:27 pm    

If any of you are interested in the Derby steel guitars, you may contact me via email and I will give you my phone number or you may call Charlie Stepp at (502) 957-1059.I have been playing Derby since 1998 and before I was an Emmons push pull man for 33 years.Thanks to Lynn Owsley and a few others, I was introduced to Charlie and Margit Stepp.The guitar I think is the finest that money can buy, but the Stepps are the finest people I know too.Just plug on of those sweet babys into an Evans or a Webb or a Peavey and you will get "THAT SOUND".Now you have to ask yourself how many people who were P/P players in the past have swithced to the guitar. Well there are several but I will not speak for them.I still have a P/P around for sentimental reasons.I am not what so ever demeaning other guitars either by no means.Today everyone that is in the steel guitar manufacuring has something to bring to the table so to speak.This is just my opinion for what it is worth.You wont get a bad guitar from anyone.However I think the Derby is like a P/P on steroids, you get the tone and you get the splits to boot.If you cant find an Emmons P/P guitar then you should by all means try the Derby cause this might solve you problems for looking for the right guitar.This is not an adverisment this is just my opinion.I am not sure but I beleive there is going to or already some dealers that sell Derby.JUST MY HONEST OPINION!

Rusty Hurse

Hendesonville, Tn
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2002 1:31 pm    

Bob I put this in the wrong section would you please move to Pedal Steel. Thank you

Rusty Hurse

Hendesonville, Tn
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2002 2:52 pm    

Thanks for all the Emails about the guitars.Like I said either post and I will try to answer your questions or email me. You can also Call Charlie Stepp at the above #.