The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  John's black Zum
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2013 7:57 am    

Went to see another steeler here in AZ (his name is not presented here to protect his identity). He owns a black Zum John Hughey used on several of his CD projects. We set it up and plugged it in, I sat down, pulled out my bag of JH licks and wala off I went. Boy did I sound terriffic, here a Larry, there a Larry everywhere a Larry Larry. But wait what about that great JH sound.

That was his sound and he took it with him and left the tools behind for someone else to use to find their sound.

For newbies here this is the lesson, buy gear that make YOU sound good, do not expect to sound like.....

This steeler, (TP for you that know him) is another great player, smooth, lush, creative, kind, nice, and loveable. I could sit and listen to him play all day and maybe all night too. (Will there be food later?) When I hear players like him I wounder where I missed the boat. But then again I have been blessed with a 40 year run in some of the top bands in the Portland area, so I must be doing something right.

Thanks for the day old friend.

Larry Behm

Phone: 971-219-8533