The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Digitech RP250 - X-Edit won't install on diff. computer?
David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2013 8:19 am    

The RP250 is a simple and with some twiddling, pretty fine-sounding thing that does things I need it to do, like pitch-shifting to loop a quick bass part. But I've been trying to install the X-Edit software on a re-ground Windows XP computer and I'm getting this unprecedented snark:

The feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

that's from the Windows Installer. I haven't gone deep and wide yet, I just know that there are a lot of happy RP'ers here and does somebody know a quick fix? Or even what happened here.... Instead of having a program file called "Digitech" with the X-Edit stuff, all I can get to is
Digitech -> RP250 -> Reinstall RP250 Drivers; and
Digitech -> RP250 -> Uninstall ASIO RP250 Driver.

And reinstalling drivers is going nowhere. "A network resource that is unavailable?" They can't POSSIBLY think I'd ever buy a newer Digitech if they dinosaur this one.... Question

Michael Hummel

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2013 11:05 am    

It sounds like your computer perhaps came from a company where the original Windows XP installation files were kept on a network drive. Often when you are installing new software, Windows needs to look up and/or install other DLLs and software resources that weren't there for the original install.

Am I right? Or is this a PC whose hard drive you erased/formatted and did a fresh reinstall of Windows XP so everything was on the local drive?

Just a semi-educated guess and years of frustation with PCs... Smile

Mike

Garry Simpson

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2013 5:46 pm    

I'm assuming you installed X-edit 2.4.1 from this page: http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/rp250

Also when you install the software, from memory the rp250 has to be connected via usb port. If you are having trouble with the drivers you can get them from the same page.

David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2013 5:47 pm    

I e-mailed Digitech too, and they immediately, head-spinning fast sent me a file that slid right in. Apparently my "new" XP blocked parts of the Digitech file that came from their website? But they sure knew how to fix it, all of my evil thoughts about "expiration" are dissipated.