The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  I have opened an E-Comnerce website
Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2013 11:02 pm    

You can (Buy It Now) at our website and make it easy on yourself. We are constantly adding new products.

We take Visa, Mastercard and Discover on our site.

Will be doing Paypal in the future.

Please visit our site if you would:

www.sillmusicsupply.com

We are giving away a D2f leg bag on 3/31/2013. Enter the drawing by registering your email on our site. We will have one winner at 5 p.m. on 3/31/2013.

We are also taking interested names on the new Peterson Tuner that will be hitting the market this spring. Let us know you are interested, we will have it available as soon as the first shipment hits the street.
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

Last edited by Gary Sill on 2 Feb 2013 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2013 7:24 pm     Items we have recently added to our store

Using a Peterson tuner to tune your E9th. pedal steel. I have a 30 plus minute video in detail showing how to properly tune 3 pedals and 5 knee levers on the E9th. neck.

This video and accompanying details instructions are being offered on my website at:

www.sillmusicsupply.com

FREE SHIPPING on most items right now.

We may be contacted directly at: 217-433-7455

or email: sillmusicsupply@gmail.com
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

James M Peters

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2013 10:09 am    

Great job Gary, and congrats. Keep up the great work you're doing for all steel players.

Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2013 5:51 pm     Tuning video

Gary,
Can you provide detailed information on your tuning DVD, either here on the forum, or on your website?
Thanks.

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2013 11:17 am     My Tunng DVD

I filmed in Hi Def a detailed step by step process on how to properly tune an E9th steel using the SE9 temperment on the Peterson tuner. When completed wth this process you should have your steel in proper tune and only touch ups are required after the initial tuning procedure.

If you are a steel player, one of the first items that needs to be out of the way is have the instrument in tune so it can blend and sound good with other instruments.

If you have ever tried playing an out of tune piano, you know how frustrating that is. We do not need to be learning steel and have the handicap of a steel that will not sound in tune even if we hit the right strings and use all the best practices in playing the instrument.

This is over a 30 minute hands on demo of how to do the tuniing of 3 floor pedals and 5 knee levers using the common Nashville setup.

$39.99 gets you the DVD and the accompanying written procedure as a reminder after watching the video.
I have FREE SHIPPING in the USA on my E-Commerce website.
www.sillmusicsupply.com

In March , I plan to have a second DVD out on Utilizing the melody pockets around the C Scale. This is the way I think when I play and it will provide a solid basis for a beginner or a steel player with a few years of experience to get a new outlook on how you view the E9th tuning. It makes it much easier for me to see the E9th. thinking this way. You will be comfortable playing backup in any key or playing lead in any key and you will be playing only the right notes that sound good with the rest of the band.

I have consulted some Nashville well known players and after explaining what I am doing in this DVD, they have agreed that it is a solid foundation to being able to take off and play much easier once you look at the steel in this fashion.

It will be $39.99 and I am taking orders on it prior to release. It is in the final productions of getting all the organization right on the DVD.

Please call with questions, or you may order the Tuning video online at my E-Commerce website: www.sillmusicsupply.com

Tel: 217-433-7455
email: sillmusicsupply@gmail.com

Gary Sill

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2013 11:18 am     My Tunng DVD

I filmed in Hi Def a detailed step by step process on how to properly tune an E9th steel using the SE9 temperment on the Peterson tuner. When completed wth this process you should have your steel in proper tune and only touch ups are required after the initial tuning procedure.

If you are a steel player, one of the first items that needs to be out of the way is have the instrument in tune so it can blend and sound good with other instruments.

If you have ever tried playing an out of tune piano, you know how frustrating that is. We do not need to be learning steel and have the handicap of a steel that will not sound in tune even if we hit the right strings and use all the best practices in playing the instrument.

This is over a 30 minute hands on demo of how to do the tuniing of 3 floor pedals and 5 knee levers using the common Nashville setup.

$39.99 gets you the DVD and the accompanying written procedure as a reminder after watching the video.
I have FREE SHIPPING in the USA on my E-Commerce website.
www.sillmusicsupply.com

In March , I plan to have a second DVD out on Utilizing the melody pockets around the C Scale. This is the way I think when I play and it will provide a solid basis for a beginner or a steel player with a few years of experience to get a new outlook on how you view the E9th tuning. It makes it much easier for me to see the E9th. thinking this way. You will be comfortable playing backup in any key or playing lead in any key and you will be playing only the right notes that sound good with the rest of the band.

I have consulted some Nashville well known players and after explaining what I am doing in this DVD, they have agreed that it is a solid foundation to being able to take off and play much easier once you look at the steel in this fashion.

It will be $39.99 and I am taking orders on it prior to release. It is in the final productions of getting all the organization right on the DVD.

Please call with questions, or you may order the Tuning video online at my E-Commerce website: www.sillmusicsupply.com

Tel: 217-433-7455
email: sillmusicsupply@gmail.com

Gary Sill

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2013 11:06 am     bump

bump

Alexander Rehfeld

Aberdeen, Scotland
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2013 1:37 pm    

I love your site, Gary. It looks modern and clear and I'm looking forward to future DVD projects.

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2013 3:43 pm     Thanks for your nice comments

I appreciate it.
Gary

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2013 10:35 am     Black Friday specials Wednesday 11/27 through Dec. 1

See our site for details coming soon on what great bargains there will be on our site just for a few days listed above.

Call Gary for Details.
217-433-7455

www.sillmusicsupply.com