The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Guild X-150 Archtop - Westerly, RI made -- SOLD Please Close
Michael Pierce

Madison, CT
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2012 12:46 pm    

I'm selling my Blonde 1996 Westerly, RI made Guild X-150 Jazz Box, which is in excellent condition. This guitar has a great deep-bodied jazz tone and is currently strung with flat wound .11's. As you can see from the pictures, it's a gorgeous blonde. Price is $1300, shipped and insured to the lower 48 (paypal please add 3%). Comes with brown Guild case (which is little larger than the guitar at the lower bout -- I just put in a polish cloth and it works fine). Have more pictures for those interested. Really nice US made jazz box. (Sorry, I really can't do trades at this time.)

Here are the specs:
Model Name X150
Top Maple
Back Maple
Sides Maple
Bridge Rosewood
Neck Mahogany
Fretboard Rosewood
Width at nut 1 11/16"
Depth 3 1/2"
Width 16" lower bout
Scale Length 24 3/4"
Electronics 1 Guild Humbucker

Last edited by Michael Pierce on 14 Apr 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Lefty

Grayson, Ga.
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2012 3:17 pm    

Michael,
That is a great guitar at a great price. I have the X-170 (2 pickup), but that guitar is all about the neck pickup. Great sound and a knock out with the thicker body. You will be sorry for selling this one.
Wish it was a left-handed one.
regards,
Lefty

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2012 5:34 pm    

Oh my...

Brett Lanier

Madison, TN
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2012 5:38 pm    

Great looking finish on that one Michael. I have an '81 X-175. Looks like the same dimensions but with two pickups and a mini master volume. I had a Gibson Herb Ellis and the Guild beats it in every way. Its one of a couple guitars that I'll never sell. These original Guild archtops are awesome for the money.

Michael Pierce

Madison, CT
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2012 3:46 am    

Thank you, gentlemen. I've sent additional pictures to those requesting them.

I think these Guilds are great jazz boxes. I tried a number of new Gibson ES-175's before I bought this one, and found the Guild to equal or surpass the Gibby's in build quality and sound.

Lefty, I will note this guitar sounds particularly sweet through my '70 Princeton SF, which is very similar to the one you have for sale on the Forum. That's a great amp at a great price too.

Finally, for those of you that appreciate archtops, I wanted to show a couple of pictures of one I'll be listing in the next few weeks. It's a custom made archtop from a luthier in Maine named Tom Painter. www.painterarchtops.com. He specializes in very thin laminate archtops that sound like the older Gibson ES-175's, much more acoustic than the modern version. The guitar is very light and very comfortable with a 16" lower bout and 2 1/2" deep rims. It has a Pete Biltoff Vintage Vibe Charlie Christian pickup on it. If you do a search on Youtube of Painter P-175, you'll find videos of this same guitar (although it had a Gibson Class '57 pickup at the time). Not me playing though (someone much better). Enjoy.

Again, thanks for the nice words. I am sure I will miss it.

Michael Pierce

Madison, CT
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2012 10:36 am    

Guild has been sold to SGF Member right here in Connecticut. Donation on its way.

If any interest in the Painter P-175, please ping me.

Thanks for all the interest. Michael