The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tele partscaster with Bigsby
John Rosett

Missoula, MT
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2012 7:54 am    

This is a very nice Telecaster/Esquire parts guitar, but I would rather have a shorter scale tele.
The body is alder, from a Squier Tele. It's medium weight, and the top has been refinished natural, while the rest of the body is factory black. The neck is a Mighty Mite one-piece maple with a V profile, and Gotoh locking tuners. It has the Bigsby B-16 vibrato, which is the original Tele Bigsby with the rocker bridge. It's set up properly with a shim in the neck pocket for correct neck angle. The pickup is a Mighty Mite dual rail humbucker which still has some of that Tele bite, but sounds fuller. Single volume control. The pickguard is a Greasy Grooves graphic pickguard, which is not to my taste, but is easily changed. The guitar has just been set up by my repairman, and everything functions as it should. It's set up with .011's, with a wound 3rd for proper intonation. It is possible to use a plain 3rd, but requires a little extra tuning. The guitar is in like new condition. No case.
I'm looking to trade this for a telecaster style guitar with a 24 3/4" (or shorter) scale length- Like the Squier Vintage Modified Thinline Tele. I'd put it's value in the $300 range