The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Oklahoma Stomp..The Western Swing Authority
Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2012 10:00 am    

I've had a lot of emails asking where you could hear Oklahoma Stomp by WSA...someone was kind enough to take this at The Commercial Hotel in Maryhill where we play every other Tuesday night & post it....here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkp6Z7Ud1XQ We were so blown away with the music of The Timejumpers,we started a similar band in Canada made up of studio players... The Timejumpers are truly amazing & inspiring group.. ...We also cut a cd that is getting airplay in 17 Countries, ...can hear it & order if interested at www.thewesternswingauthority.com Getting ready to cut a new cd with some great standards & couple originals....if there's something you'd like to hear....let WSA know & will put it on the list of possibles....Wishing everyone a fabulous 2012...All the best Ed www.myspace.com/peeweecharles

Quentin Hickey

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2012 1:31 pm    

Peewee, WSA puts out some amazing music. I love watching and listenning to you guys or anything you do for that matter. WHen I was a youngster my uncle always had Gordon Lightfoot spinning on his record player and I was always facinated with the steel. You are representing Canada in a good way and I look forward to seeing you play when you come down this way again since I missed the Cavendish beach show. I hope George Canyon comes this way soon too but I would really like to see WSA here.
Quentin

Quentin Hickey

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2012 1:43 pm    

OH yeah, I forgot to ask, some day can you guys do the swing version of " I love you because" , the cherokee cowboys put out a wondeful version of this tune.
Quentin

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2012 8:11 am     Oklahoma Stomp/WSA

Thanks Quentin for the nice comments....When we're down in your area, give me a buzz & we can chat...Also, great suggestion on the tune, "I Love You Because"....one of my favorites...have to work it up with WSA...All the best....Peewee

Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2012 5:19 pm    

Quentin, I am a lucky man to be living withing easy driving to the home base of WSA. I have seen most of their performances the last year at the Commercial Tavern in Maryhill ON. As you know, Ed is a monster player and a great person. When Ed can't make it because of his commitments to George Canyon, they usually get Dale Rivard to fill in... another super picker in this area.

Mack Quinney

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2012 12:22 pm    

Peewee,
Looks in the video like you are playing this on the E9th neck. Any chance you have the Tab for it?

Great sound and rendition. Excellent playing.

Enjoyed it a lot.

Mack

Roger Kelly

Bristol,Tennessee
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2012 7:59 pm    

Super good group...tighter'n Dicks Hatband! Smile
Loved it!

Thomas Ludwig

Augsburg, Germany
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2012 9:52 am    

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Tom Harris

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2012 7:19 pm    

Peewee this was an amazing video,,and you guys are second to none when It comes to Western Swing...
Tom Harris...

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2012 10:19 am     Oklahoma Stomp

Thanks Bent...always great to see you...Mack, yes it was played on the E9th....I don't have it tabbed...Roger, Love your comment...too funny....Thanks Thomas & hope all is well...& Tom....appreciate the nice comment, it is a fun band of great players...we love playing this great music & can hardly wait to cut the new CD...All the best to everyone....Peewee