The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sold Please Close
Noah Miller

Rocky Hill, CT
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2011 3:42 am    

I have too many electric guitars, so I'm letting this one go. It's a 1956 Gretsch Country Club in superb condition: pretty clean for its age and almost all original. The strap pin by the neck has been replaced, as has one thumb screw in the bridge; otherwise it's all original as far as I can tell. The gold plating has largely worn off the hardware, and there are a couple of small flakes in the finish, but otherwise it's in great shape.

The action is perfect, nice and low all the way up the neck with plenty of room for adjustment if desired. There is a very small gap between the heel and the body, but since it's stable and the bridge isn't all the way down I've left it alone. There is no shrinkage cracking in the binding or the pickguard - absolutely none of the infamous Gretsch plastic rot. The Dynasonic pickups are hotter than any I've played, and I've gotten 99% of the scratchiness out of the pots.

In short, this guitar plays and sounds fantastic, and it needs absolutely nothing.

I'm asking $2800 shipped/paypalled, which includes a new TKL hard case (I don't have the original).

EDIT: I'm opening this up to partial trades. I'd still like to sell it outright, but I will consider trades that come with at least $1000 in cash. I'm particularly interested in the following: vintage lap steels (mid- to high-end), mandolins (especially a Martin Style B), tenor banjos, tenor guitars, vintage Guild electric guitars (no Bigsbys), and a Mutron Octave Divider or C-200 volume/wah. I'm probably set for life with regards to amps, but I'm always on the lookout for warm/dark, high-headroom tube amps that are also highly portable. The cleaner and more original, the better - not looking for any projects or beaters.

The best way to contact me is by PM.

Photos:
Front
Back
Body Front
Body Back
Pickups/Bridge

Last edited by Noah Miller on 22 Dec 2011 11:21 am; edited 3 times in total

Redd V

Galax Va
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2011 8:02 am     Whew!!

That thing is gorgeous!!
Redd

John Rosett

Missoula, MT
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2011 1:27 pm    

Where else but the SGF can you post a guitar for sale and get a celebrity endorsement?

Noah Miller

Rocky Hill, CT
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2011 8:00 am    

Looks like there's room for partial trades, as long as there's at least $1000 in cash.

Noah Miller

Rocky Hill, CT
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2011 5:10 am    

Some steels I'm looking for in particular: EH-150/185, National New Yorkers from the '30s (black and white fretboards, though I may consider ones from the '40s with colored markers), pre-War Vegas, Premier lap steels.