The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Brand New - EMMONS E9 LICKS VOLUME TWO!!!!!!!!
Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2011 11:39 pm    

I've been really gratified with the response I've gotten from my first Buddy Emmons licks course, and just finished volume two.
Many more licks, completely dissected in the "talk tape" format but on CD- every fret, pedal, and move explained in detail with many variations, scale and chord theory explained. A really great way to add to your bag of tricks and greatly expand your playing. Includes some more advanced licks like Buddy's great chromatic string harmonies, chord substitutions, G# to F# lever licks, and much more. Check in on my website for more info! http://www.markvanallen.com/store_books.html

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2011 8:30 am    

Are these lessons taught by Buddy?

Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2011 3:09 pm    

Hi, Tommy, In a roundabout way I could say I learned them from Buddy via his recordings and live performances, but no, it's me playing licks I've worked on and fretted over over the years and explaining keys, positions, scale relationships, variations and hopefully enough information to enable students to use them wherever they like in any song.

I have to explain that it was Buddy who got me started playing... I heard his version of "Wichita Lineman" and bought a Maverick and joined a band the same day. I chased Buddy down at Scotty's '77 convention where I got him to show me his delightful and insightful use of reverse pedaling for the 4 minor in that song, and my pursuit and appreciation of "Buddy Licks" was born.

Over the years I've seen many courses that taught songs, and run into many students who for various reasons, had difficulties figuring out how to use the course licks in anything but that specific song context. So my intent with my "Buddy's Licks" courses was both to honor the master, and hopefully make it easier for other players to see how to use various licks, scales, and ideas wherever they need them.
Of course everybody and their brothers have borrowed most of these over the years, but I'm hoping to make the genius of the original style a bit more accessible.

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2011 5:48 am    

Thank you for replying.

Billy Murdoch

Glasgow, Scotland, U.K.
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2011 6:02 am    

I received My second course yesterday.
Superb instruction technique,very easy to understand and follow.
Thanks Mark.
Billy

Joachim Kettner

Germany
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2011 11:01 am    

I've just received the course volume 1. Thanks Mark!