The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ( Justice Steel Guitars ) and ( Weldon Myrick )
Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2011 10:41 am    

It is a pleasure to read here that two of my steel guitar heroes are entering into a wonderful and special relationship. My sincere congratulations and very best wishes to both of these TRUE gentlemen.

Jason Stillwell

Caddo, OK, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2011 10:47 am    

Fred, this is great news! You build a great guitar, and I'm happy to see good things happening for you!

Jerry Foster

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2011 2:59 pm    

WOW,congratulations & praise God Fred. well I Can truly say I am Proud to be the owner of not One Justice pedal steel but soon be the owner of three. Very Happy a SD-10 & a D-10 & soon the new pro-lite. Mr.Weldon will love his new Justice D-10, he is one of my Great influnce's I am glad for the Both of you. it don't get any better than that. Very Happy keep up the good work Fred J.love you all.God Bless. Jerry & Dee Foster

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2011 4:55 pm    

Congratulations Fred, Weldon was a real influence on my playing when I first started out in 1978 ... and I still love to hear his stuff.
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2011 9:25 pm    

Fred, Congratulations to both you and Weldon. He is absolutely one of the finest Steel Players and Gentlemen I've ever met and you are a great player, builder and gentlemen also.
A totally fantastic match!
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars

Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2011 6:56 am    

Hi Fred....congrats! I hope we get to hear what Weldon does on that beautiful new Justice steel soon! He's always been one of my heroes too. Getting the "I'll Come Running" intro under my fingers has also kept me woodshedding for years. Still can't play it right! Oh Well

Will you have any D-10s at the AZ show this year? See you there!

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2011 7:53 am    

Hey Rick, thanks for your comments buddy.
I mentioned to Weldon about the Show in Jan. but Weldon doesn't fly and its a bit more of a drive than he would like. Crying or Very sad

Yes Rick, I'll have 2 and maybe 3 D-10 guitars set up at the Phoenix Show ready to deploy. Very Happy

Steve Schmidt

Ramsey, MN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2011 8:18 am    

Can someone tell me when and where the Phoenix show is in January? My father goes to Phoenix to avoid the cold winters up here in Minnesnowda. Might be a nice long weekend to go down and see dad, golf, and attend a show. Of course, the real reason is to go and see Mike Smith. What a monster player, always has been one of my favorites.

Steve

Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2011 8:36 am    

Hey Steve... the show is on Jan. 19-20-21.

http://www.swsteelguitar.com/events.htm

It's a great show, and yes Mike Smith is the bomb!!!

Nice name BTW! Cool

Steve Schmidt

Ramsey, MN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2011 9:17 am    

Thank you Rick for the info. I'll have to start planning process soon. Of course I'll probably need to get approval from the "director of finance" but I think I can pull that off.

steve

Miguel e Smith

Phoenix, AZ
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2011 9:31 am    

I can see why Fred is so excited...having Weldon play a Justice is a win-win. I suspect more players will follow in those footsteps. Congrats Fred and congrats Weldon!

Hey Steve, hope to see you while you're in AZ Smile

Weldon Myrick

Nashville, TN, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2011 9:41 am     Thanks

I just want to say how much I appreciate Fred Justice and his Steel Guitars. Not only are they good looking,they have a particular sing to them.
Fred goes the distance to make sure his guitars are built to the highest quality standards.
I also want to thank all of you that have voiced your opinion of the alliance of Fred and me and it appears that everyone feels the same as I do about Fred.
Your comments are very much appreciated by me and Fred alike.
Long live the Pedal Steel Guitar.
Weldon

Pat Coyne

Gallatin
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2011 10:06 am    

I have been honored to have a front row seat watching this all happen. I will tell you Weldon is playing the Justice steel because he wants to...no coaxing, or selling him on it. I can't think of 2 people that carry more integrity than Fred and Weldon, it is part of who they are, they both "walk the talk", on 2nd thought there is no talk they just do it. Both of these people are like family to Cathy and I. Thank you Lord for the good people you have put along my path in life. Best wishes and God Bless Fred and Justice Steel Guitars.

Tommy Minniear

Logansport, Indiana
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2011 5:17 pm    

I am very glad to here that Weldon Myrick, one of my steel guitar heroes, and Fred Justice of Justice Steel Guitars, my friend and brother of more years than either of us like to admit, have come together to form what I know will be a great "steel guitar alliance".

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2011 12:47 am     Many Thanks To All

This has been a wonderful thread and as its winding down I just wanted so much to say thank you to all that posted your many encouraging comments of Weldon Myrick and our guitars. Thanks to the ones that just came on and looked, that means a lot as well.

In months ahead we'll be producing what will be the "Weldon Myrick Edition" Also stay tuned to see Weldon's new guitar real soon.

Now, don't forget about the BIG Phoenix Show coming in January of 2012, it promises to be a great show this year, and I'll have a big room FULL of Justice steel guitars this year with some jamming going on as well.

On behave of Weldon and myself, again thank you everyone for your blessing and comments here on this thread. God bless you all and I hope to see you all soon. Very Happy Very Happy

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2011 3:42 pm    

Congratulations to both of ya - I have had the good fortune of seeing lots of Fred's steels on many visits.

Great steel

Keep up the good work

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Plus Road Cases and other stuff too
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

ray qualls

Baxter Springs, Kansas (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2011 4:30 pm    

Couldn't let this go by without putting my 2 cents worth in for my Brother Fred. So happy for you my friend and wishing you the best. Congrats on your latest player to buy your steel. Weldon Myrick "WOW" don't get no better than him. God bless you and Brenda as I know that he has touched you both. Love you, Ray
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008

Marlin Gengenbach

New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2011 6:00 pm     Notable guitar

I am very happy for you Fred. Congratulations, my friend.

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2011 5:17 am    

Folks Weldon's new Justice guitar is about 3/4 done.
I'll likely ship it to him the last of this week.

I'm gonna leave it up to Weldon to post a picture when he gets it in his hands. Won't be long now. Very Happy Very Happy

Tom Griffin

Lovelock, NV, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2011 2:21 pm     Mr. Myricks new Justice steel

Hey Fred maybe we could get Mr. Myrick to post some music clips playing his new Justice steel. You think?
He is one great player.

Tom

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2011 3:15 pm    

The only two people I have ever heard play "I'll Come Running" correctly were Weldon and John Hughey. Maybe you can have Weldon show you how he played the intro to "I'll Come Running". It is so quick I doubt if 90% of steel players could play it even if it were diagrammed out correctly.

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2011 4:48 am    

Keith that would be cool but not likely to happen.
Believe me, the only thing that would stop me from jamming with Weldon is the 3400 mile round trip. Laughing Laughing

Tom, yes sound clips would be nice. We'll give Weldon plenty of time to get settled in with his new guitar and see what happens. Very Happy

Tom Franke

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2011 6:21 pm    

Fred, congratulations. This just confirms what is obvious to anyone who sees your work--that it is absolutely top of the line.

David Hartley

Post  Posted 10 Nov 2011 10:37 pm     Hi

Congratulations Fred.

That's really good news.

I remember hearing your set when you played in St Louis on the 'Justice' and to my ears, you had the best sounding steel guitars all weekend. I have played them at your booth too and they really are excellent sounding and great looking guitars. A top quality player will always choose a top quality instrument, and Weldon has made a great choice in choosing the Justice.

I hope you are keeping well.
I hope to see you in Dallas as always.

PS... I am listening to I'll Come Running as I type this on the iPad..
Super picking from one of the greats..

Enjoy your new steel Weldon....

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2011 2:29 am     Thank You !!!!!!!

Tom thank you for your kind words, and much thanks for purchasing not one, but "two" Justice SD-10 guitars.

David, you da Man buddy. With your testimony and approval in my camp how could I go wrong?
Thank you so much for your sincere words of praise. We've been bud's since the day we met back in 2003, and I always look forward to seeing you at the Shows my friend. Very Happy Very Happy