The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Gospel Room at St Louis
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Gospel Room at St Louis
Don Lampley

Thompsonville, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2011 7:34 am    

A special thanks to Doug Rolfe for having us there as the staff band what a great time all the players done a great job and Amber Martin sang just great what a time we had.

Lyle Clary

Decatur, Illinois, KC9VCB
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2011 4:54 pm    

Don, You and Joe and the boys did an exceptional job backing all the players and singers. Even when someone would throw a tune at you that you might never heard before you did great even without charts.

Don Lampley

Post  Posted 5 Sep 2011 5:10 pm    

thanks very much Lyle I enjoy working the old brain thats what keeps me going love it very much .

Gary Glisson

munford, tn 38058
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2011 6:41 pm     gospel room

i loved the gospel show all the players were great
my wife and i stayed there for the full show jesus was moving at that show i think i'll take some lesson's from doug and maybe i can play the gospel show some day, doug and mike sigler were great as always but albert svenddal was awesome. and i heard a song that was perform there that i haven't heard in a long time, turn the wine back into water,
the show was awesome can't wait till next year

Albert Svenddal

Minneapolis, MN
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2011 5:06 pm    

Thanks to Don and Joe and the band for backing me up. I had a great time and I really enjoyed performing with Lyle Clary. What a great guy and player. Also the testimonies of Curt K Red were powerful. I thought this year's show was awesome.Thanks Doug for allowing me to be a small part of what the Lord is doing.

Blessings. Albert

Joe Moulton

OPP,ALABAMA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2011 8:56 am    

HARLAN BURTON WANTED ME TO THANK EVERYONE FOR HAVEING HIM SET IN HARLAN IS A GREAT SINGER AND PLAYER HE IS OUR STAFF PIANO PLAYER FOR OUR LEW CHILDRE SHOW 1 SAT. IN MAY

Doug Rolfe

Indianapolis, IN
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2011 3:27 am    

I wish to thank all of you who participated in the show this year. We were blessed to have such talent and dedication. What a joy to have Joe Arview and his band (Thunder) as our house band again this year. They always do a great job.
The list of players was wonderful as well. We had Buck Grantham, Bobby Cox, Del Mullen, L.T. Zinn, Kurt Koswalski, Albert Svenddal, Mike Sigler and Doug Jernigan all bless us with their talent and commitment to Gospel music.
We heard many wonderful comments about the event and were glad that we had such a good turnout.
Also a great big thanks to Scotty for letting us do it again this year.
We had a great young lady (Amber Martin) grace us with her singing. She has a new album coming out soon. Also Red Kilby came in and shared his testimony about how God had healed him from cancer. Certainly, the presence of the Lord was in this place as Doug Jernigan played it and Harlan Burton sang it.

Don Lampley

Post  Posted 20 Sep 2011 7:09 am    

for those who didn't know this year show was special to me after the show I had to have brain surgery to remove a tumor all the prayers and fellowship at the show got me through it I'm on the other side now doing great thanks to all my friends without you and God nothing happens I believe Kirk K will play peddle steel next year at the show again thanks.

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2011 5:08 pm    

It was wonderful spending time in the Gospel Room listening to the great music and feeling the presence of our Lord!! It was very special!

Here is a link to my Kodak Gallery page for you to view my pictures from the Gospel Show, and also download the pictures at full resolution (if you'd like).

Gospel Room Photos:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=2233270730103%3A1546172746&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=Share-_-Personal-_-Email-_-Sharee-_-Top

Additional photos from the ISGC you may also enjoy:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=4233270730103%3A1287472189&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=Share-_-Personal-_-Email-_-Sharee-_-Top

Don, so happy to hear the positive report from your surgery!
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com