100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Author Topic:  band in abox
Marvin Stegall

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2010 12:08 am    

rick
i just bought the everthing pak . did i make the right chooice , will it do the ray price shuffles , ust that good tony booth ,johhy bush stuff ? and what else will it do . and will i have'th to up grade> any time soon
marvin stegall Smile

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2010 5:35 am    

Choice for BIAB is a subjective topic.

For most users, the everything pack is overkill. You will spend money on stuff you will never use and it will do nothing but take up space on your hard drive.

Although in the long run it may cost more, buying the basic program and then buying the styles, real tracks, real drum sets germane to the type of music you want to generate, makes more sense.

You should not have to upgrade what you have. I still use version 8 and it does all I need it to do. What you need to know is BIAB was originally developed for the jazz field and still leans heavily that way.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2010 10:48 am    

Marvin,

Yes, I think you did okay. As for the Ray Price shuffles, you can get them from Jim Baron and b0b sells them here on the forum. It's a must have for the kind of music you mentioned, and they're cheap enough.... $9.00 I think. In the meantime, the Tanya Tucker style that you have will get you going on the shuffles. It's the one I mention and use in the DVD.

With version 10.5 you shouldn't need to upgrade anytime soon. If you do, the upgrade price is reasonable. Lot's of people are happy using older versions of BIAB, but if you really understand the program you can appreciate the new features that come along in later versions.

Glad you're enjoying yourself! Smile

Smile

Papa Joe Pollick

Swanton, Ohio
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2010 1:43 pm    

A must have is Ricks CD on how to use BIAB..He makes it very easy to use BIAB...You can't go wrong with it...