The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The Dekley Information Resource Forum - One Year Old
John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2010 3:22 am    

The Dekley Information Resource Forum
Is One year Old Today.

Thanks to all that have participated and made this Successful. I see that Members are helping other members and there is a free flowing exchange of information.

We haven't set the world on fire with membership numbers , but that wasn't the real intent of this forum.

I still have people applying for membership who don't want to use their real names as a user name, I will continue to reject those persons. If you don't want people to know who you are then we don't need you.

Special Thanks to Jim Smith who has generously provided this forum with his knowledge and expertise. Thanks Jim, We couldn't have done it without you.

If you know of any Dekley owners out there who are not Members yet, please advise them we are not out to pick their pockets or fill their mailboxes full of spam. We do insist that you apply using your real name as a user name and provide us with a valid Dekley model number and Serial Number.
You Must Be A Dekley Owner To Become a Member

John Floyd

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2010 6:23 am    

Congats John on a very good and worthwhile Forum for DEKLEY owners.The company has been out of business for years but the Steels they built have shown they were built to last..The Forum gives the present owners a chance to review the history and share information..The DEKLEY plant was well set up in Connecticut in the Shadows of Kaman Aircraft..They had one heck of a recording studio in the building..They called it REEL DREAMS..Smithy did a recording with a now former New York Yankee Catcher there..Rick Cerone..The Song I still have a ccopy of is called the "Long Run Home..Good steel but the singing did not alter Ricks career.. Sad

Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2010 8:05 am    

Congrats on a great website John! I guess I should also say thanks for making me & my Dekley famous by putting the video of me dropping my bar on every page. Oh Well Embarassed Laughing Razz Wink

John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2010 10:53 am    

Rick It Wasn't You Dropping The Bar, It was the Girl Singer That Got My Attention. Laughing
But The Tone of Your Dekley 212 Was Super Winking
Nice Recovery too. Have you recovered yet or IS there Somebody Keeping you From recovering? Embarassed

Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2010 1:48 pm    

No John, I never did recover. Wink

It's funny the amp I played was a 15 watt Peavey Blazer 158. I had it maxed, but it didn't sound all that bad. It was better than carrying my real amp up the driveway. Ha.

Steve Gorman

Gilroy California
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2010 8:18 pm    

I am sitting here tonight playing my Dekley S-10 that I bought brand new in 1981, and having a grand old time. Like most, I am always dreaming of getting a slick brand new steel. But every time I sit behind this thing and play for awhile, I am reminded again that the tone is there, this thing sounds great all on its own with maybe just a little reverb. Any "shortcomings" in the sound is coming from my innaccurate technique. I still may get a new steel someday but this Dekley, now about 28 years old with lots of hard mileage, will probably always sound big and full.