The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What version is the best Band In A Box To Buy,Anyone know?
Randy Aden

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2010 8:31 am    

Looking for Band In A Box for Tradional Country. I don't know which one to buy, Can anyone help. Thanks Randy Aden

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2010 9:17 am    

Hi Randy, the best thing to do is to talk with the friendly folks at PGmusic.com and they can guide you in the right direction. Here's their contact info. Click Here

Paul Seager

Augsburg, Germany
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2010 10:30 am    

BiaB has been my practice medium for many years. I started off on a version that came on many diskettes and the last one I bought was the 2005 issue, the Megapack back then. I've never needed any of the WAV stuff or harmonist, etc. I just punch in the song I wanna practice, select a style and go.

What I'm saying is that if all you want is a practice tool, you don't need to splash out too much. I've never needed to watch the videos, for what I need it is pretty intuitive. If you want to be generating custom solos, or using this as a recording medium then you may need some instruction but for me the Megapack is more than I ever need.

The great thing is that my old 2005 version is still running on my ca. 200 MHz laptop!

Paul Seager

Augsburg, Germany
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2010 10:30 am    

BiaB has been my practice medium for many years. I started off on a version that came on many diskettes and the last one I bought was the 2005 issue, the Megapack back then. I've never needed any of the WAV stuff or harmonist, etc. I just punch in the song I wanna practice, select a style and go.

What I'm saying is that if all you want is a practice tool, you don't need to splash out too much. I've never needed to watch the videos, for what I need it is pretty intuitive. If you want to be generating custom solos, or using this as a recording medium then you may need some instruction but for me the Megapack is more than I ever need.

The great thing is that my old 2005 version is still running on my ca. 200 MHz laptop!

Ronald Sikes

Corsicana, Tx
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2010 11:45 am    

Forum Member Big Jim Baron sells the BIAB with a full library of tunes already created that he sales in a package deal at a good price . You should be able to contact him here on the Forum .
Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats