The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Digitech RP150 Patches/Settings Files
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2010 7:26 am    

I have just up loaded files to my skydrive that seems to work well with an NV112. It is named EMMONS because of the sound it gets. You can find it here: http://cid-594320d13092d8fb.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Digitech%20RP150%20Patches

The other two files listed, are delay specific (DELAY & DDELAY) modified and adjusted for my use. You are welcome to download these and use as you please.

The NV112 settings I use for the EMMONS file are:

Low +12
Mid -6
Shift 8 of the 800
High -2
Pres -3
Master Reverb 2

Input into "Low Gain", with Pre Gain set below Post Gain...

If you would like to share your RP files with other forumites, you can email them to me and I will put them up on the skydrive. Note: They will become accessible by anyone once that is done. Any suggestions.

My best to you,
and a big thanks to my buddy, Greg Wisecup.

Dick Sexton

Last edited by Dick Sexton on 19 Jul 2010 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2010 8:13 am    

Very nice!!

I'll upload a few as soon as I get a chance. Are these individual presets?.....(as opposed to loading in the whole bank).

Last edited by Steve English on 19 Jul 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2010 9:04 am     Patches/Settings Files...

Steve, I'm sorry about the terminology. These are the saved files, once you've made all adjustments to the RP. I just didn't know exactly what to call them. Probably should have just called them the files. That is what was ment. Seems like this could be a good thing, a go to place to get and try different setting for your RP150 or XXX. If you download any Ive put up, let me know how they work out or if they do not. That way I can get some usable feedback. I'll do the same for yours.

My best to you,
Dick S...

David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2010 1:55 pm    

What am I supposed to do to read this?

Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2010 2:10 pm    

David,

These are individual presets for Digitech's RP-150.
You will need to have one of these processors and the software in order to use the downloads.

Last edited by Steve English on 19 Jul 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Garry Simpson

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2010 3:49 pm    

Dick,

Thanks for the files. I've got an RP155. There may be an easier way but to use the 150 presets (files) on a 155, I changed the file extention from .rp150 to .rp155 then opened the files with notepad and changed the first and last line in the file from 150 to 155. I think these RP's are great little gadgets. I don't use my DD-3 anymore or the Nashville 112 reverb.

Lee Baucum emailed me his settings and he has some good ones.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2010 6:39 pm     Some thoughts...

First David...

You must have an RP150 with an USB cable. You must go to the Digitech site and down load the program X-Edit2 with the other required files. X-Edit2 must be installed on your computer. Then, you can down load the files I have offered, into a place you can later find. I down loaded mine into a folder named RP150. Then, with the USB cable connected to the RP150 and your computer w/the RP150 powered up. You open the program X-Edit2. Mine installed with an Icon on my desktop for ease of use. On X-Edit, upper left, click on file, open, then the folder where you down loaded the file I have made available. Double click on the file you want to load into the on screen RP unit. Maybe one of the other forumites will suggest the saving process. Believe me it is a lot easier then I have made it sound. I had to get help to do it the first time, but now it is much easier.

Steve... Sorry I was composing this and posted before I read your post. You are absolutely correct. Of course, as you know.Very Happy We may have to add a tutorial in this thread before it's done. And I'm just a beginner with this thing, so all help is appreciated.

Last edited by Dick Sexton on 19 Jul 2010 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2010 6:46 pm     Your most welcome...

Gary, your welcome...

Man, I would have had to get help to do that. Sounds like you've got the ticket and have this thing figured out. Way to go...

Like I was telling David, the file down load process is not to bad. Saving the file in the RP is a little tricky. Requires reading the book. I have to admit I had help... Explaining it is also a little tricky...

To tell you the truth, I didn't mean this to become an instructional thread. But I hope it does, and lots of players gain from this information.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2010 9:02 pm     RP150 Instructions Uploaded

I just received a file of the RP150 instructions from forumite Steve English and up loaded it to the skydrive. In my opinion it explains very well, the down load procedures, as well as having other very good information.

In addition, he sent me another Preset file, which I have also up loaded. I down loaded and installed it in my RP150 and like it very much. It is named RevDlyHall.rp150p I believe you may like it.

Again, Thanks Steve...

David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2010 3:52 am    

Hi again - I have the RP250, and I did have to do the file extension shuffle to read these things.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2010 4:34 am     RP250 File Shuffle

David, I'm glad you were able to down load and and do what you had to, to use them. That is super...

I was thinking it might be useful to others if you posted a "by the numbers" procedure of how you did that. Or if you wanted, you could email the procedure to me and I could post it or put it up on the skydrive where it would be accessible to all. Just a thought...

In any case, I'm glad this is being used, and the efforts are worthwhile.

Oscar Demers

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2010 8:42 am    

It seems like X-Edit isn't compatible with windows 7.

Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2010 9:11 am    

Oscar,

I just sent a question about that to the Digitech people. I'll post the response when I get it.

Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2010 9:15 am    

Those people are FAST!

Here's the response:

Hi,
The Windows 7 version is posted at www.digitech.com under Resources >Software.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2010 1:59 pm     More....

Up loaded two more files... Check them out. Thank you Steve...

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2010 2:59 pm     Another...

Up loaded another file. Thank you Rich...

Richard Durrer

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2010 3:53 pm    

Just a quick note to describe my file STEEL1. It contains EQ which Scoops out the Mids, slight Delay and Reverb. I do not use the Reverb on my N112. I plug my steel into the Hi-Gain input. I also still set the Mids on the N112 to cut around 800mhz.

Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2010 6:34 pm    

Dick & Richard,

I'm enjoying both of your presets you posted!

Tip for RP users:

To avoided unnecessarily soiling yourself while editing with the RP connected to your amp at playing volumes:
TURN THE USB PLAYBACK MIX AND USB LEVEL OFF

Shocked sometimes I forget......

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2010 7:03 pm     USB Mix and Audio

Steve, glad your liking the presets.

Sounds like the USB warning is from experience. Yep, I think I did that to...

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2010 7:08 pm    

Quote:
To avoided unnecessarily soiling yourself while editing with the RP connected to your amp at playing volumes:
TURN THE USB PLAYBACK MIX AND USB LEVEL OFF

Now you've gone and spoiled the surprise for the uninitiated! Laughing

David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2010 7:14 am    

To make the RP150 files usable on a 250 (or apparently on the 155, 255 etc.) you have to go to the folder that they're in, but don't open the file, just go to the left sidebar and change the file name to the suitable numbers. It actually seems like more work than just writing down the settings... Question

The two things that the computer does for me is add a "ducking" level to the delays so that you can control the overlap, and the biggest thing is that it adds a parametric-type adjustability to the RP's mid and treble controls. For whatever reasons, the Digitech engineers put the center point of the treble controls around 3600K and the mids around 2200K, it varies from model to model. I've gone across the board and lowered the high centerpoint to 2400 and the mid's center to 800, and it makes the tone controls work better for me.

Also, as in many (MOST!) modelers, they seem to think of a Twin Reverb as a 65w tube amp, and if you want loud clean tubiness the '68 Marshall or particularly the HiWatt models have more headroom. And of course, real tube amps and real speakers all add some degree of compression, which bears thinking about. Real speakers and power tubes compress at the end of the signal chain, and unfortunately the RP's can't re-arrange effect orders like some rack units. However, the speaker cabs are widely variant so there's another degree of control there.

But every room is different, every guitar is different, so delays and reverb needs to be individualized, IMO.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2010 7:27 am     Rp155/250/255

David thank you for that info...

If it is not to much trouble, could you type out an example here of a file name used for the RP150 and then, what it would have to be to make it usable on one of the other RP units. I believe that might be somewhat useful. As we all know, if we type the wrong things into these computers gadgets, they either explode or all information is lost forever into the computer land abyss. Just joking, but it may be useful.

Again thank you very much. I think we are helping quite a few players with this thread.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2010 2:40 am     Volume Levels Patch to Patch

Fellow RP users, I have received, downloaded and installed 9 patch/files into my RP150. I now notice significant difference in volume level from patch to patch as I cycle through them and play each.

Is there a more or less painless way to equalize the volume levels of all of the patches I've installed? It is somewhat unnerving going from patch to patch and dealing with the volume changes. Especially on intros.

Thank you...

Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2010 7:12 pm    

Using the X-Edit program; there's a slider (moves left-right) in the upper right that allows some "level" adjustment.

I used that method on one of the presets that had compression programed in. It worked for me.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2010 5:56 am     A few more...

Thanks Steve, worked like a champ after I got them saved.

Just added a few more... Thank you Greg.
http://cid-594320d13092d8fb.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Digitech%20RP150%20Patches?uc=3