The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Digitech RP150 Patches/Settings Files
Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 22 May 2011 7:17 am    

Have been using the 150 for steel and like the settings Steve and Dick posted, but wondered if any of you guys have good telecaster settings,(good country,chorus,overdrive etc)?
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.

James Rush

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2014 6:03 pm     RP 155 Settings

Dick, thanks for the Digitech settings that you posted. It took a bit of doing to figure out why Windows 7 was not allowing me to change the file type where I could edit the file to work with the RP 155. I am a beginner steel player the files you posted will help me in understanding the DigiTech.

Thanks Again
James G Rush

Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2014 10:08 pm    

Old Thread!

In the meantime I've gone thru several Boss pedals, a Holy Grail, and for the past couple of months a Hall of Fame with the toneprint editor and a couple of Zoom products, and I still prefer the RP.

I have been enjoying one new distortion/overdrive pedal recently that is dirt cheap ........
Smile

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2014 3:13 am    

Well, reviving this thread led me to pull mine out that I bought two years ago, and have hardly used! When I got it, I found trying to set it up so unwieldy that I put it back in the box and ignored it (blowing up the 110V wall wart with the 220v here in the Phil. did not help either! - who know anyone still used wall warts that did not adapt to any standard current???).

I have to say, using X-edit sure makes using it much easier! My computer is usually right in front of me when I practice so I can play backing tracks, look at tab, etc. So, very easy to tweak it out, experiment, etc. And since it works with headphones (and with some tweaking, produces great tone through the headphones!) I suspect it will get regular use for practice when I don't want to disturb the neighbors!

Jerry Bull

Republic, MO, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2015 8:51 pm    

Glad to see so many steelers using rp150/155's. I love mine.

Helmut Gragger

Austria
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2021 7:39 am    

For the record.
This thread is pretty old, but the subject fits here perfectly.

Dick was kind enough to send me the patches he mentioned above, thank you Dick.

I transferred them to a RP255 no problem by just changing the file extension and the model reference inside the files by hand.

For your information (concerns all RP users):

I found that there exists a third-party tool called RPXplor, which allows you to convert patches between models. This is handy if you make big model jumps that introduce new parameters, or if you downgrade, it tells you what the problems will be.

There is also another tool called PRXpre, which lets you preview those files beforehand.

-H

Jerry Bull

Republic, MO, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2021 9:40 am    

Wow, I about messed myself when I received a notification from this thread. I'm still using my trusty RP150!

Helmut Gragger

Austria
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2021 1:08 pm    

😂
I have the Rp500, fooled with a 355 I think it was named and now use 255 for things steel. They all have audioDNA2 processors at heart that can do incredible things. These days things like reverb, delay, chorus and similar timebased fx are no challenge whatsoever to a digital system, as long as the programmers have done their job. I see NO reason, why any small print dedicated reverb/ delay gadget should have any advantage over them except the format - and of course happy endorsement.

Stand proudly for your RP 😉

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2021 7:50 pm     Thanks Helmut

Been a while since I've been here, glad you revived it and thanks for the new info... My best to you!

forrest klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2021 4:18 am    

I’m glad that this post has been revived, I was thinking to bring it back to the light of day myself with a question.

I have a RP155 and I love it. I don’t have anything with an EQ set up on the patches a buddy installed on it, but everything seems sweeter using it. If it’s coloring the tone in any way, it’s doing so from the positive end.

I’ve been curious about the RP360, are there any pluses to the 360 that are missing on the 155? Is it easier to program? Looks like you can assign names to patches as opposed to them being numbered. I think I’m still going throw down on one, but I’d love comparisons from those who’ve used both or are using the 360.

Thanks!

Skeeter

Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2021 5:46 am    

I have an RP155, I’ll have to see if I can download these. Thanks!

Helmut Gragger

Austria
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2021 1:08 pm    

By the looks of it (and you can verify this with _RPXplor) those units are all very compatible, at least as far as those timebased effects go, that are the bread and butter of the PSG player.
I personally like the expression pedal they have very much, it is an excellent volume pedal into the bargain. Try it!
If you are considering an upgrade, the 255 will probably be the best, although the 360 will do the same and more. However, if you want to use it as a volume pedal like I do, it depends on your guitar. I have three floor pedals, but for a universal or D-10 this will not work.
I played with a 360, which is more comfortable to program and has more models and devices, which are Imho not terribly relevant for the steel player. I have a 500 too which is a battleship for the axe-wielder, but the 255 is the optimum compromise for steel guitar.
If you look at my web site, I rant a lot about it.