The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Brooks & Dunn Last Rodeo
Jim Snowman Mitchell

Leesburg, Alabama
Post  Posted 29 May 2010 3:58 am    

Awsome show loved the steel up in the mix and the road case couch.
Walker seats

Glenn Porter

Texas
Post  Posted 29 May 2010 7:13 am     Keeley Compressor

Gary, great show and great steel.

Gary, are you using the two or four knob Keeley compressor, and what settings are you using.

Thanks,
Glenn

Gary Morse

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 29 May 2010 3:18 pm    

This is awesome hearing from so many of my friends on here again! Would have responded sooner but I'm out with B & D and we're hitting it hot and heavy. HOT would be the key word here today in Dallas as we're about to play the Starplex amphitheatre tonight. It's in the 90's and humid!

Danny....those were some amazingly good times playing with Teddy Sadler. Who would have thought back then that we'd still be in touch after all these years and that you'd have your own brand of strings? By the way, friendship aside, the JAGWIRE strings still rock my world! I've never been so happy with a brand of strings before now. Always consistent in both tuning and longevity.....

Chuck.....I'm definitely going to order guitar #5 and it will be another double-neck in two tone. Will call you soon to order it.

Glenn.....I've got both the two knob and four knob versions of the KEELEY compressor. On the show I was using the four knob version. My settings on the four knob are SUSTAIN-10 o'clock. LEVEL-9 o'clock. ATTACK and CLIPPING are turned up all the way to the right. The two knob version is the same with the exception of the Attack and Clipping knobs being internally adjusted with a screwdriver. By default they are wide open internally (so I was told) which means that I'm getting the same settings with either version.

Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 29 May 2010 4:49 pm    

Nice to see that red Desert Rose up there on stage. Beautiful guitar. Gary makes it sing.

Fred Tingle

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 2:34 pm    

Gary Morse? That name takes me back a lot of years(it was around 1981 or 1982 I think) to Fountain Valley Ca where Gary gave me my first PSG lessons. Little did I know I would see him a few times on the Nashville Now tv show in the 80s. Gary, I'm glad you lost the beret. javascript:emoticon('Laughing') Anyway, you were a good teacher and I was able to earn some money on the side thanks to you.
Fred Tingle