The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BIAB Instructional Video *****UPDATE*****
Robert Tripp

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2010 7:20 pm    

Hey Rick,

I think it is a great idea. There are of course tutorial videos done by PG, and the manuals, but I have often found that condensing the overwhelming amount of knowledge into a user friendly format is often just a valuable as having all the reference material at hand.

A tutorial done from the users prospective can often give insights based on personal work flow habits that many musicians share in the real world. PG has a fantastic product line, and it does so much that the casual user has to wade thru a minefield of information to find the one thing he is looking for.

Ten minutes with a good instructor is worth a stack of how to books when it comes to real world application of knowledge.

A well done video would help so many people enjoy the simpleness of BIAB and may actually draw more casual users. There are many who just don't want to go thru the learning curve.

I wish you success and would love to see a sample of the video on you tube or at least have a preview for those who may be hesitant to place an order.

Go for it.

Rob

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippgospel

I might be a beginner now, but someday I'm gonna steel the show.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2010 6:56 pm    

Russ Wever wrote:
There is already more than four hours of
BIAB Instructional Video at the BIAB website.
(click->here)
What more would someone need
that's not already covered there?
~Russ
philosophy

Mr. Weaver,

I don't know anything about your level of music ability, but by your philosophy, no one should record any new music because there's already enough to go around. You know nothing about my video, the contents, or the approach I used in my instruction. If you'd like to find out first hand, I'll welcome you to be a customer. Smile

Smile

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2010 7:16 pm    

Thanks for all the positive response and encouragement. Smile He's a status report. The video is pretty much finished. I just got approval from PG Music (the owners of Band In A Box) to market this video. PG Music ownes the copyrights to BIAB and you can't just go around using using their copyrighted names, etc... without their permisssion. I had to send the entire video to them for review and after some discussions, they gave me the green light to proceed.

I'm in the process of getting a web site up and running for this, and my duplicator is working on the artwork, etc... It shouldn't be much longer.

When it's released, I'll post a complete description of the contents, subjects covered, songs included, etc... Maybe even some samples. I think you're going to find that it's not like anything else that's available and it will take the mystery out of making music with BIAB.

One teaser - It covers step by step, making backing tracks to one of the most popular steel guitar show songs of all time. Cool

Later,

Rick

Papa Joe Pollick

Swanton, Ohio
Post  Posted 12 May 2010 8:52 pm    

Now I just wonder what that song might be. Laughing
I'm in for a copy Rick.

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2010 9:55 pm    

It's gotta be "Together Again".

Rick Johnson

Wheelwright, Ky USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2010 4:31 am    

Rick

I'll bite on one these videos too.
I can't get BAIB to do what I want.
I gave up and haven't used it almost
2 years.

Rick

www.rickjohnsoncabs.com

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2010 6:59 am    

Russ Wever is one of the hippest musicians that I've ever come across and is also one of the nicest and most giving guys in the world. While I'm sure that you have done a good job and I applaud your undertaking, I would offer that more bees are caught with honey than vinegar.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2010 9:27 am    

Andy Sandoval wrote:
It's gotta be "Together Again".

Nope, not "Together Again" and not "Steel Guitar Rag". That's all I'm going to say about it for now because process of elimination would only leave a few others. I will tell you what songs are included when the roll out comes. In the meantime, feel free to guess, but I won't confirm or deny at this point. Don't you just love a mystery? Laughing

Smile

Papa Joe Pollick

Swanton, Ohio
Post  Posted 13 May 2010 8:36 pm    

Nobody has picked "A Way To Survive"???
OK I will then..

Desmond Carson

Ireland
Post  Posted 14 May 2010 2:00 pm    

GOOD WORK RICK, CAN,T WAIT TO SEE IT THANKS

IS IT SLEEPWALK DES.

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2010 8:48 pm    

Let me know when it's finished!

Jim Eller

Kodak, TN (Michigan transplant)
Post  Posted 18 May 2010 5:30 pm    

Rick,

I've needed something like this since I purchased BIAB years ago. Congratulations in advance and I really appreciate your effort to bring BIAB to a layman's level.

Russ,

You are correct about the about of info available. I have plowed though those manuals and the videos. I may spent two hours getting two minutes of useful information.

I just need something that is workable, I don't need another career.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2010 9:40 pm    

We're getting closer. I appreciate everyones interest. I'm working on a few surprises that I think you'll be happy about. I'll keep you posted.

"Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" is not one of the songs on the BIAB video. Sorry. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Smile

John Sluszny

Brussels, Belgium
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2010 11:27 am    

Mine is ordered and "paypalised"
Can't wait to get it !

Alan Tanner

Near Dayton, Ohio
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2010 1:22 pm    

I have been using BIAB about two years now, so am by no means an expert. The DVD helped fill in some holes for me, and showed me a couple of things I wasn't aware of. I am running it on windows 7 and could not get the midi files to work as described in the video. I ended up having to go download the free for 30 days file from BIAB website. I couldn't believe the difference in the sound. It was like coparing a CB radio to a high end stereo, and when I run it out thru my recording console it is really good sounding. Much much better.....thaks for your work on this and good luck....Al

Dan Moslander

Central California USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2010 7:08 pm     Instructional Video

Me Tooooo.....I need all the help I can get...thanks

don't have a gear list...I'm broke

Rudy Hawk

Carrollton,Ohio,USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2010 8:39 am    

Rick, I recently ordered your BIAB "Made Easy" DVD, and looking forward to it. I have been making some tracks but would be very interested in how to improve them, paricularly endings. Your possible Update sounds like the answer. Count me onboard if you do.
Rudy

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2010 9:51 am    

Rudy,

Thanks for the order. It should be in your mailbox on Monday. I mailed it Thursday or Friday USPS Priority Mail. Hope you enjoy.

Smile

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2010 6:19 pm    

Alan Tanner wrote:
I have been using BIAB about two years now, so am by no means an expert. The DVD helped fill in some holes for me, and showed me a couple of things I wasn't aware of. I am running it on windows 7 and could not get the midi files to work as described in the video. I ended up having to go download the free for 30 days file from BIAB website. I couldn't believe the difference in the sound. It was like coparing a CB radio to a high end stereo, and when I run it out thru my recording console it is really good sounding. Much much better.....thaks for your work on this and good luck....Al

Al,

The Roland VSC DXi software synth that's mentioned in the DVD will not work with the new 64 bit version of Windows 7. However the Coyote Forte will work. I'm hoping Roland provides a Windows 7 64 bit version soon. Glad you're having fun!

Smile

Papa Joe Pollick

Swanton, Ohio
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2010 6:34 pm    

The Coyote Forte is much better anyway.I've been usin' it for some time now.Sounds a heap better.