The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lynn Carney Passed Away
Norma Jean Lucas

siloam springs ar
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2009 8:03 am    

The S.S.S.G.C. has lost another member. Lynn was the PR person for the club. Everyone enjoyed her pictures and writings. I just got the news this morning. I don't have any details except she passed away last night. I am still in shock and saddened. She and her husband Mark are great supporters of the steel guitar. They are true and loyal friends. Please say a prayer for Mark and her children as they deal with their loss. I know Lynn knew Jesus Christ so she is going to be doing great. Lynn will be mised by everyone her life has touched. We all loved her.

ray qualls

Baxter Springs, Kansas (deceased)
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2009 10:03 am    

Oh no! Such sad news about Lynn. She was a good person and she did a great job for the SSSGC. Condolences to Mark and family from all the members of the KSGA. God Bless them. Ray
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008

Dana Stewart

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2009 3:02 pm    

Oh my gracious! This is so shocking. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love so close to the holidays. Our prayers will be with her family. She was such a nice lady. I hadn't known her long, but enjoyed what time I spent with her at the shows.

Dana & Family

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2009 3:44 pm    

So sorry to hear this sad news. What little time I knew her she seemed like a very nice person and did a lot of PR for the Siloam Club. I know she will be missed. Our thoughts and prayers will be with her Family.

Donna

Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2009 3:51 pm    

I am completely shocked by this announcement and my heartfelt condolences go out to Mark. Please keep us posted....thank you

Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2009 9:30 pm    

We are truly saddened by this news. Lynn was such a nice person and an avid fan of steel guitar. Our condolences to Mark and family for their loss. Barbara and I will keep them in our prayers.
...Roy and Barbara

Virgil Pittman

Colcord, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2009 8:42 am    

This is such sad news.Lynn and mark have been loyal members of our steel club for as long as I can remember.She will be missed at our steel meetings.May the good lord give comfort to Mark and the family during this difficult time.

Rob Parker

Paducah, Kentucky, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2009 5:46 pm    

This is indeed very sad news. Miss Lynn was a dear friend, and a great fan, and a supporter of the steel guitar.
My thoughts and prayers for Mr Mark and the family.May our Great Protector give them peace, and comfort, and understanding..
RP...'come on in'...

Chuck Huffman

Sonora, California, Now Living in Siloam Springs, Ar. USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2009 5:03 am    

This Is terrible news, when I saw this post I couldn't help but think how nice Lynn was. She had Told me about the Siloam Springs Guitar Asso. While I was still residing in California. She really went out of her way to make me feel welcome after moving here to Siloam Springs. Though I only met her in person once, I too felt such a loss for our community.
I will be praying that the Lord comfort and bring peace to Lynn's family and her dear friends. God's Speed, Lynn your with some of the finest steel players to ever walk this earth.

Mike Spaeth

Springdale, Arkansas
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2009 11:27 am     re

What a shock!! Mark and family will be in our prayers.

Bob Dell

Siloam Springs,Ar. 72761 (deceased)
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2009 3:02 pm     Lynn

Words cannot express our sorrow for Mark in Lynn's passing.
Mark called Trish about 15 minutes ago to let us know.
There are no words to express our heart felt condolences.
Mark we love you and we are here for you....anything that you need that we can do.....we are there for you!
Love ya brother,
Bob & Trish Dell

Vance Monday

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2009 7:36 am     Lynn

I just got off the phone with Mark and what a shock. We will really miss Lynn. She was so nice to Lila and I and we are so glad that we got to know her and Mark. Like Mark said, she is in a better place but this place won't be the same without her.

Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2009 10:51 am    

Our hearts go out to this family! In times like this, the only true comfort comes from our Lord. We pray His strength and presence will be with you, Mark!