The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bobby Caldwell
Laurie Ayres

Riverview, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 6:37 am    

Roy & I are so saddened by this news! We have been praying everyday for him & his family. Bobby has gone home and I'm sure John and all the rest are glad to see him. Linda may God comfort you & your whole family. We loved Bobby and will miss him so much. The International Steel Guitar Convention will not be the same without him. I thank God every day that he knew he would be inducted himself next year before God took him home. He will probably be the only guitar player ever to be inducted. What a honor for Bobby. Bobby RIP your pain & suffering is over now. WE WILL MISS you always. In Christ, Roy & Laurie

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 11:06 am    

This is indeed a most sad and heartbreaking day for anyone who knew Bobby. We were friends for almost 40 years. Bobby was the best friend a steel player ever had. I shall miss his great musicianship along with his sincerely kind personality and friendship.
TW

Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 11:18 am    

So long my friend. The other guitar players in heaven all just moved down a notch. Bobby was a real guitar player. Joan and I are honored that we got to play with him a few times. We are praying for the family and friends he left behind.

DeWitt Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 11:51 am     Bobby Caldwell

Here are the funeral arrangement for Bobby.

Visitation
Date: Wednesday, November 11th
10151 Gravois, Afton, MO
Time: 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm

Funeral
Date: Thursday, November 12th
10151 Gravois, Afton, MO
Time: 11:00 am

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, the Lord giveth - The Lord taketh away.

Scotty

Darryl Hattenhauer

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 1:22 pm    

When I think of ISGC, I think of Bobby Caldwell.
Here are just three examples. There must be dozens more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2RAVeXyhnQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtOt5PY5G2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN7mB0yw0eA

$100 reward for info leading to the purchase of a fender D8 white, yellow, or butterscotch.

Randy Mason

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 1:33 pm    

Such sad news! He was such a great player and person.

George Brown

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 1:42 pm    

I never had the opportunity to meet Bobby in person, but have heard and watched him play many times on CDs, and Videos. It was obvious that he played each note with much passion, and feeling. Like Vince's song says, "Go Rest High On That Mountain, Your Work On Earth Is Done." VERY WELL DONE. My Prayers, and thoughts go out to Linda, and their Family.
George...

Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 3:40 pm    

Devastating news.......the world has lost a remarkable musician and an exceptional person whom I was proud to call my friend. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the family.

Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 3:53 pm    

I saw Bobby at the ISGF in 1977. Since then, I never forgot his cool relaxed demeanor, the friendly way about him and his obvious expertise on his guitar.
From observing this man on stage so many years ago, I have remembered his face even after 30+ years.
Bobby was the best. I was very saddened to read the awful news.
Although we didn't know each other, right now I feel like I have lost a friend.
Rest in peace Bobby.

Whip Lashaway

Monterey, Tenn, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 3:57 pm    

Such a sad post. My wife and I met Bobby many years ago at the ISGC. Zee was absolutely spell bound by his picking. We went up at a break and spoke to him. If you had come upon the conversation you'd have thought we were all old friends. Bobby treated us like he'd known us since childhood and we'd just met. Zee will not let any conversation about guitar players go by without mensioning Bobby. She will not be convinced that any guitar player ever lived that was any better than Bobby. I believe I'm in agreement with her. RIP Bobby and God Bless your family during this time of grieving. Whip
Excel S12 8x9 blue
Excel S12 8x9 black

Kenneth Rollans

LITTLE ROCK.,ARKANSAS * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 4:28 pm    

May the Lord bless and keep Linda and the family. We all loved Bobby and loved to hear him play. He will be missed so much. It is sad to loose an friend.Our condolences to all. Ken and Dorothy

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 4:33 pm    

An era has ended. There is no one to replace Bobby. My heart is very heavy. Rest in Peace my dear friend. I will see you down the road. Jody.

Ernie Renn

Brainerd, Minnesota USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 4:54 pm    

This is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Bobby. (From May of 1977 in Minneapolis, MN.) The fun that both he and Buddy were having here. I think it shows.

<center></center>

www.BuddyEmmons.com

Cass Broadview

Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 6:15 pm    

Such a sad loss to the steel guitar community. His style of guitar playing influenced many guitarist and musicians around the world. I met this wonderful talented guitarist in St Louis only once, however george has known him for years. I listen daily to the old recordings george plays around his home, that this talented man played on. His personality, and charm were as smooth as his playing. Such a sad loss.
Cass Broadview
George Redmon

Myron Smith

Canton, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 7:09 pm     Bobby Caldwell

As we all are so sad to hear this news. Bobby was not only a great player but a wonderful friend. I will always remember the great Jams we had together. RIP my friend & may the Lord be with Linda & family in this time of need.

Jerry Brightman

Ohio
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 8:07 pm     Bobby

I had the pleasure as many others to have Bobby riding guitar in St. Louis and he was always there just when you needed him...never too much, never too little. You will be missed my friend. Rest in Peace!

Jerry Brightman

Louie Hallford

denison tx
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 8:36 pm    

I have no words to describe my admiration and respect for Bobby Caldwell,both as a person and also as a musician.

One of the great things the ISGA has provided is an opportunity for many amateurs, such as myself, the chance to play on the Thursday night talent search with Bobby Caldwell in the band.

His patience and understanding of what many of we nervous wrecks were going through, while trying to play on the stage of the largest and most popular steel guitar show in the world, made it a lot easier. Thanks . We love you Bobby.

Bud Isaacs

Yuma, AZ. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2009 9:35 pm    

We are so sorry to hear about Bobby. He was such a great friend. He will sure be missed. Our prayers are for him and his family. God bless, Bud and Geri

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2009 5:18 am    

Bobby was a GREAT player and person. He will be missed GREATLY!!!!!!!!!!! Our thoughts and prayers will be with the Family.

Donna & Jerry

Paul Polish

Concord,NC,Usa
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2009 6:33 am    

There are no words to express this great loss for us and for the music industry. Bobby was one of the greatest musicians that I have had the privilege to play with. He was as great a person as he was a musician. I had the privilege to work with him on Scotty's International Steel Guitar Convention in St. Louis for the 2 previous year before he was unable to play this past year. We will all miss and love him and remember his warmth, his frienship and fantastic smile.

Linda, our hearts are so heavy for you and the family and for all of us who loved him so much.

God bless and hold you in His loving arms.

Paul and Dee Polish

Rob Parker

Paducah, Kentucky, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2009 7:00 am    

ROB PARKER

Paducah,Kentucky,USA Posted 10 Nov 2009 6:56 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just arrived home..But I was notified of the very sad news earlier.
I, as you, are deeply saddened by this news.Mr Bobby was a dear friend for over forty years.He was a friend, a pal,a hero, and a brother who I had the utmost respect and admiration, and love for.
My thoughts and prayers for Miss Linda, and the family, and family of friends.He shall always be a part of our lives.
Thank you Mr Bobby for the good times, your humor, your great music, and the many wonderful memories, your friendship, and the sharing of yourself with so many of us.
Rest in peace my dear friend..
RP...'come on in'...

Larry Self

Spring City, Tn. Bledsoe * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2009 8:23 am    

This is very sad, and shocking new's we have many beautiful song bird's here on this mountain--they have stopped singing. I am so sorry. my prayers are with you Linda, and your family. R.I.P. B.C. Larry Self

Buddie Hrabal

Arlington,Texas USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2009 10:25 am    

I had the pleasure of working with Bobby at ISGC and what a pleasure it was. It's true he will be missed but on the other side remember all the joy and pleasure he brought to everyone who has either played or attended ISGC. Rest in peace Bobby

Earl Hensley

Las Vegas Nv.USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2009 2:52 pm     Bobbie,,

Bobbie will be missed by many. What a jam session in heaven. Bobbie on guitar, Speedy, Jimmy D, Don H. John H, and all the others on steel, Man what a sound. Bobbie my friend, you will be missed.

Earl Hensley
Epiphone Les Paul, potato-bug mandolin

Ken Newman

maitland, Florida, /desmoines,ia
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2009 6:56 pm     R I P Bobby

he enjoyed being around musical talent as much as any person you might reckon, always with a certain abundance of 'bobby caldwell' class. his ' love ya pal ',,,bouyed alot of friendships.
deepest condolences to the kids,and family, and friends.