The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My own 9/11
Mike Werner

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2009 6:20 am    

It has been 25 years ago today that my oldest son was killed by a drunk driver. Still seems like yesterday. Today I will allow myself to grieve but tomorow I will wake up and chose to be happy no matter what happens during the day. I also join all the other parents, relatives and friends who lost their loved ones in the 9/11 attack and pray for them. May they all find peace. God bless you all.....Drinking and driving really suck.............

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2009 8:30 am    

Mike,

It seems you had a 9/11 before there was one. Hopefully fond memories of your son and the way he lived can help relieve some of your pain for the way he died. How very unfortnuate and unnecessary.

Our family is obligated to call one another for a ride home rather than drink and drive. My wife and I have gladly done the 2 am runs for our kids and their friends. It's simply not something anyone can do well drunk.

Mike Neer

NJ
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2009 8:50 am    

Mike, very sorry to hear of the loss of your son and the pain you've had to endure. I can't even begin to imagine.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2009 5:11 pm    

Mike, You have experienced the hardest thing in life you could have experienced, losing a child. I have visited with people who have lost children and they tell me there is no pain like such a loss. I have a brother who lost a son in a house fire and seeing them go through that was painful to watch. Losing your son to a drunk driver just makes me realize even more how his death was uncalled for. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Mike Werner

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2009 6:16 am    

Thanks for you prayers and words of encouragement. I really appreciate them. Life is sometimes unfair but we all have some things happen in our lifes that just knock us to our knees. I pray for peace to all that have lost children and that they find closure in giving back thru sharing with other people their experiences. I woke up this morning and I choose to be happy today, no matter what happens...God bless you all...........Mike