The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Senator Ted Kennedy
Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2009 10:35 pm    

Another cancer victim.

I hope they find a cure very soon.

Steve Norman

Seattle Washington, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 1:18 am    

agreed, RIP

Bob Blair

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 8:27 am    

Yes, RIP Senator Kennedy.

Joe Allwood

Russell, IA 50238
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 9:39 am    

Amazing to read today that he served 47 years in the Senate...a year longer than his brother John lived. RIP.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 9:58 am    

End of an era. A dynasty, really.

Calvin Walley

colorado city colorado, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 10:14 am    

i lost a brother to brain cancer about 13 years ago
its a bad way to go
he would have been 73 last monday

Mullen SD-10 /nashville 400
gotta love a Mullen!!!

Guitars that i have owned in order are :
Mullen SD-10,Simmons SD-10,Mullen SD-10,Zum stage one,Carter starter,
Sho-Bud Mavrick

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 10:47 am    

It's a sad day here in Massachusetts and around the world. I remember in 1966 Ted Kennedy came to my High School and spoke to us. He was our recently elected US Senator, only 34 years old. I was very impressed that he took the time to come to our school and speak to a bunch of kids. He had a meaningful life in public service, which he saw as his calling. Rest in Peace, Teddy.

David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 11:46 am    

The last of the four Kennedy brothers, and the only one allowed to live out his life and die of natural causes. What a great legacy has now passed into history.

Morgan Scoggins

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 12:13 pm    

Having grown up in a segregated Southern State, I was on the opposite side of the political fence with Senator Kennedy.My differences did not cause me to hate him or his family.He was a great man and like everyone else, had some proplems he had to deal with.Now that he is gone, I will try to put politics behind and remember only the best things about him and his family.
I am old enough to remember where I was when I got the news about JFK's death.I was walking out of Ramsay High School in Birmingham, Al when I saw the newspaper stand on the corner.What a terrible time it was for this country.

RIP Ted Kennedy

Larry Robbins

Fort Edward, New York
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 1:50 pm    

You mean the same Kennedy that left that poor women to die and saved his own hide??
That snivelling coward?? Only worried about himself? the drunkerd that drove his own wife to drink and to rehab sooooo many times?? as a non believer I can only wish that there WERE a Hell for him to be suffering and drowning in!...
Hero indeed! Evil or Very Mad sorry for his family and friends but......I can only hope that the family of Mary Jo Kopechne are dancing a jig...sorry to you all if my opinion is not the same as yours. We all know that there are many here who feel the same but dont dare to express it.

David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 4:17 pm    

Larry, I'm sorry you can't look past the usual human frailties that surface in all of us on occassions. He didn't murder his friend. He was drunk and had an accident. And he didn't handle the aftermath well, because he was drunk and traumatized. It was a long time ago when he was young. He lost his brother Joe in WWII, and his other two brothers were assassinated by hate and gun violence. He lived through a lot. But most important, even though he was rich and privileged, he dedicated his life to landmark progressive legislation that helped poor people of all races, African Americans, Latinos, immigrants, women, and the sick. He was a Senator in the forefront of all those progressive humanitarian fights for 47 years. To those groups, and to all progressives, he was a great hero who fought the good fight to fulfill the potential of our Constitution and our great democracy.

Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 4:19 pm    

Larry,ditto. DYK?BC.

Last edited by Charles Davidson on 26 Aug 2009 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ryan Barwin

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 4:20 pm    

Larry Robbins wrote:
You mean the same Kennedy that left that poor women to die and saved his own hide??
That snivelling coward?? Only worried about himself? the drunkerd that drove his own wife to drink and to rehab sooooo many times?? as a non believer I can only wish that there WERE a Hell for him to be suffering and drowning in!...
Hero indeed! Evil or Very Mad sorry for his family and friends but......I can only hope that the family of Mary Jo Kopechne are dancing a jig...sorry to you all if my opinion is not the same as yours. We all know that there are many here who feel the same but dont dare to express it.

Hey, that was quite uncalled for. Regardless of your opinion of him, you could show a little respect...the man just passed away. Or if you can't do that, then please don't post something obnoxious. Okay, I've made my point.

Anyway, RIP Ted Kennedy.

Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 4:25 pm    

What's wrong with the TRUTH. DYK?BC.

Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 4:51 pm    

IMHO Senator Kennedy beacame a tragic figure and a tragically twisted caricature of what good qualities were represented in his brothers. Likewise Robt K's poor imbicilic son whose quixotic battles against the petroleum industry are similarly troubling.

The human condition.

Many things in my own life are headed to tragedy. Contrary to what a person would wish to have left in our "wake" All of ours are.

Maybe TK shows how wrong we can go when we try and make "iconic figures" out of ourselves. Pitifully wrong.

Many battles we face in this life, and nearly all of them, by design, we lose.

I ask for God's help in every part of my life, and that he try and help me make the best of what's left of it, fixing things that he finds wrong with my spirit as it goes. I have much for him to fix, and little time for him to do it in this life.

That's all.

There goes any hope of watching any news for the rest of the week." Not that I intended to.. There'll just be a bunch of leftists declaring Ted Kennedy a Fallen Martyr in the War against The Constitution... From the Top on down..

EJL

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 5:15 pm    

Larry Robbins wrote:

What a disgusting outpouring of venom. Larry, are you perfect ? Don't be the first to cast the stone. Ted Kennedy spent his life in public service. He was a rich man, and could have retired from politics decades ago, but he chose to spend his life improving the lot of those who were in need. We are much the worse for his loss. Larry, what are YOU doing for public service ?

David Doggett

Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 5:19 pm    

Nice of the wing nuts to pile on like this and get this closed. Can't wait until the leader of the Republican Party, Boss Limbaugh passes away and liberals and leftists can come on here and pile one about his drug addiction and personal problems. Muttering

David Doggett

Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 5:22 pm    

Larry Robbins wrote:
We all know that there are many here who feel the same but dont dare to express it.

And the rest of us thank them for the taste and class some don't have.

Last edited by David Doggett on 26 Aug 2009 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Robbins

Fort Edward, New York
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 5:23 pm    

Sorry all.. but the truth is just that!!
Whats the matter...cant remember History??
Ok the one brother had an afiar with ummm...and then other had an afair??oh thats ok..wich commandment was that?? Oh yeah dont matter!!!!!
How very Christian of you once again!!
...I know...lets Lynch me...show what you are all made of!! Throw the first stone and all that!!...and you all wonder why so many folks dont believe!!! Thanks for proveing my point!! Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Larry Robbins on 26 Aug 2009 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Marc Jenkins

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 5:33 pm    

Some people on this forum are babies. Your opinion is not the truth. It never will be. That's why it's called an opinion.

From one imperfect human to another, RIP Mr. Kennedy.

David Doggett

Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 5:36 pm    

Larry Robbins wrote:
How very Christian of you once again!!
...I know...lets Lynch me...show what you are all made of!! Throw the first stone and all that!!

Larry, the Bible quote is, “He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone.” And yet, you, the "Christian" cast the first stone here. Rolling Eyes

Larry Robbins

Fort Edward, New York
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 5:43 pm    

My last word...there is Nothing Christian about me!! A non believer here!! I am afraid the "Christian" is showing in others here!! Just look back at most of the post here...Oh I forgot...you are blind!...remember??
God Bless Very Happy

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 5:46 pm    

Quote:
My last word...there is Nothing Christian about me!!

We can tell. You've just displayed that to thousands of steel players.

Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 5:48 pm    

Don't worry about it Larry,the SPIN will go and on,Have you ever noticed when someone passes,be a famous person or just a regular old joe,In life they may have been a wife beater,never took care of their kids,a drug dealer,thief,or worse,But as soon as they die,all of a sudden they are a saint,just because they are gone and you tell the TRUTH about him you are evil for not showing respect,never understood that. DYK?BC.

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 6:14 pm    

The truth is that Senator Kennedy was not perfect. He had many of the same faults and failings as the rest of us, and screwed up on as many occasions as the rest of us do.

It is also true that althpought he had tremendous wealth ahd power, and could have easily said "Hey, I've got mine. the heck with everybody else," he used that wealth and power to better the lives of others, less fortunate than himself.

His accomplishments for outweigh his failings. He deserves to be remembered for hos contributions to our country, not for his personal problems.