The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Regenerating Real Tracks
Joe Delaronde

Selkirk, Manitoba, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2009 2:46 pm    

Is there anyway to have the real tracks always regenerated when working on a song.

As it is now I always have to wait for the tracks to regenerat when I press play. A real waste of time.
Thanks
Joe

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2009 5:27 pm    

Joe, you can go up to "play" in the menu and choose "freeze song (to audio track)" you can save it like this until you "unfreeze" it.

"Renders MIDI tracks to audio and merges them with existing audio into a WAV file. This file plays on the audio track, while the other tracks are muted. This insures that the song loads and plays quickly, without having to wait for RealTracks to generate."

Also, when a song is in this mode you can't change any chords until you go back to play in the menu and "unfreeze" it.

Joe Delaronde

Post  Posted 17 Aug 2009 5:51 pm    

Andy
Thanks. Gonna save me a lot of time now!
Joe

Gary Baker

Charlotte, North Carolina
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2009 5:56 pm     Re: Regenerating Real Tracks

Joe Delaronde wrote:
Is there anyway to have the real tracks always regenerated when working on a song.

As it is now I always have to wait for the tracks to regenerat when I press play. A real waste of time.
Thanks
Joe

Hi Joe, Not sure of your question.? Did you mean to say NOT ALWAYS regenerated? If so, to my knowledge there is no way to "work" on a song (make changes)and skip the regeneration of any real tracks.

The best way to build a song is to use all MIDI tracks while building i.e. entering chords, rests, intro, etc. Get the "feel" of the song right for tempo and build it first as an all MIDI song.

Then, when you are happy with the score, reasign the instruments you want as Real Tracks. This will change the song slightly but you will have save MUCH time and can then "tweek" it to your liking.

Bo

Joe Delaronde

Post  Posted 17 Aug 2009 7:37 pm    

Gary
That is actually what I meant. After I build the tracks then asign real tracks to it.
Thanks
Joe

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2009 7:38 pm    

BIAB will regenerate everytime you hit play. If you don't want it to do this, hit replay instead.

Joe Delaronde

Post  Posted 17 Aug 2009 7:53 pm    

Thank you to, Rick
Joe

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2009 4:32 am    

Rick hit the nail on the head. Real tracks will generate when you first load the song and hit play. If you want to make changes after that, stop the playing, make your changes then hit Replay instead of Play. Problem solved.

Gary Baker

Charlotte, North Carolina
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2009 6:22 am    

Graham wrote:
Rick hit the nail on the head. Real tracks will generate when you first load the song and hit play. If you want to make changes after that, stop the playing, make your changes then hit Replay instead of Play. Problem solved.

I think you will find that if you make ANY change to the song - hitting REPLAY will force a Regeneration of any Real Tracks. The REPLAY is to simply play the current song "as is" without regenerating.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. Thanks Bo

Andy Sandoval

Post  Posted 18 Aug 2009 10:29 am    

Gary's right. I just played a song by using the replay button without regenerating the entire song but if you change anything about the song it will regenerate when you hit replay.

Joe Delaronde

Post  Posted 18 Aug 2009 12:15 pm    

Also, I found you can use the space bar to stop and start without regenerating, and you cam move to any bar and it won't regen.
Joe

Andy Sandoval

Post  Posted 18 Aug 2009 3:54 pm    

Joe, I also found out if you go into options/preferences/display you have several other choices for using the space bar.