The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What are your favorite "wrong notes" on albums rel
Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2009 8:16 am    

Not exactly a clam, but when the Turtle Island String Quartet recorded their first album, somebody brought a dog into the studio, and it barked a few times while they were recording one tune, and they left the barks in.

I'm amazed they didn't kick the dog out and re-record the tune.

Glen Derksen

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 4:11 pm    

On Buck Owens' live album 'In Japan', on the opening song, 'Adios, Farewell, Goodbye, Good Luck, So Long', Don Rich hit a little bit of a clam on the start of his guitar solo, prompting Buck to say "That's good Don....better take your gloves off, Don".

Cody Campbell

Nashville, Tennessee
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2009 11:21 pm    

A massive clunker, in my opinion. But I still love the solo. The end of the steel solo on Ernest Tubb's "Born to Lose". It's like he is a beat too late getting to the resolution. It is Buddy Charleton, I believe.

BTW, Charleton is of course one of my VERY VERY favorite players, and he takes a back seat to nobody, IMO.

P.S. Great thread!!

Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2009 3:19 am    

Skip Edwards wrote:
There's a video of the Beatles live in Wash, DC 1964, where they're playing at a theater-in-the round.
On the intro of "I Want To Hold Your Hand" George hits a massive clunker, and they all look at each other and crack up.
It's so humanizing...it's priceless.
Cool vid...they're in the round, but the stage doesn't rotate, so every couple of tunes they move their gear around themselves to face a different section of the audience.
By the end of the set, they're facing every which way.

I love this footage...it's priceless to watch them hauling their own gear around mid-show, acting all winded and beat out. Try getting big stars to do that nowadays. Thanks for reminding me about this concert, Skip.

Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2009 7:38 am    

Since we've strayed over into video territory, one of my favorites: in Robert Altman's film "Nashville", in one of the riverboat scenes Stu Bassore is finishing up a tune with a string of tasty harmonics and blows the last note. You can see him cussin' clear as day, totally cracks me up.