The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Recording with RealBand Tracks?
Mike Brinkmeyer

Houston, Texas
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2009 2:22 pm    

My goal is to mike my amp going into my computer and record myself as a seperate track with RealBand but I'm a little confused as to how to do this. Is the easiest way thru the use of a high impedence mike, USB mike etc, etc? Do any any internal settings need to be made in RealBand (or Windows Control Panel Audio) before doing this? I have an SM57 mike but it's low impedance so I'm sure that won't work without the use of a preamp. Any suggestions appreciated!

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2009 9:27 pm    

Mike, I go directly from my guitar to the mic input on my laptop and record with PowerTracks but RealBand should be a similar setup. You might have to go into your volume control by double clicking on the little speaker icon by the clock down in the lower left corner of your computer screen then click on "options in the menu and then go to properties to check your recording settings to make sure mic or line in is checked, which ever way you choose to go. Whether you choose to mic your amp or go line in you'll probably need a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter.

Mike Brinkmeyer

Houston, Texas
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2009 5:56 pm    

Thanks Andy - I'll give that a try. Also, thanks again for the BIAB files you emailed me a couple of weeks ago...they're great!