The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mr. Hartley
Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2009 9:02 pm    

I watch a lot of his vidios,Won't name anyone [don't want to start a fight] But I swear I don't think ANY of the big name guys could play the things he does any smoother,cleaner,or with more heart than he does,Just my opinion, I LOVE his playing. DYKBC.

James Martin (U.K.)

Watford, Herts, United Kingdom * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 2:39 am     The great Dave!

I agree with you Charles. Dave is amazing. He is inventive, has great taste, perfect bar control, deadly right hand technique and having met him found him to be an altogether decent chap. They don't come any better in this country or in your country. Also, when he and John Stannard get together you would have to look long and hard to find a better pairing. First class.

Charles Curtis

Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 4:59 am    

IMO, Dave Hartley is a big name musician. I have several of his CDs and I love all the songs. I think that Dave is coming out with another CD and I'm interested. I appreciate all the work that Dave does, his great recordings, especially his many videos and the great tablatures available on his web-site. Thanks for everything Dave, please keep 'em coming.

Tom Quinn

Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 5:27 am    

Zzzzz...

Glyn Bone

Halifax.Nova Scotia. Canada * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 5:37 am    

I would suggest that if Mr. Quinn finds such talent so boring then maybe he should refrain from reading the forum...either that or put something on Youtube so that we can all hear how much better he is than the best Devil

My 2cents worth

Carter SD10 4x5 with Wallace TrueTone ( 18K ohms)
Peavey NV 112
Hilton Vol.Ped.
Brad Sarno 'Freeloader'
Boss/Roland SE-20 Space Echo
BJS `Hughey` bar
BJS 1" bar
Zookie thumbpicks
Dunlop and JN finger picks

Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 6:08 am    

I really enjoy David's playing as well. I read in the St. Louis section that he's coming to the ISGC this year, so I'm looking forward to catching him play.

Billy Murdoch

Glasgow, Scotland, U.K.
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 10:41 am    

I agree that David is a very good player.
I have played some of His renditions side by side with Loyd Green and Doug Jernigan and I still say David is a great player The other two guys are
Astounding.
My opinion only.
Billy

Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 12:44 pm    

Charles,what I meant was most steelers such as myself have been aware of the great superstar players such as Mr. Emmons,Franklin,Remington,Leon,etc for years,had never heard of Mr. Hartley untill I joined the forum a few years back,that's what I meant by the BIG guys,Just my opinion but I enjoy him just as MUCH as the more famous pickers,to me he is a SUPER picker. DYKBC.

Charles Curtis

Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 2:55 pm    

Charles I should have phrased my post a little different, I didn't mean to sound at issue with yours. Next time I'll re-read it a couple of times before I submit it; that being said, I never tire of Dave's playing and the way he phrases his ideas. I agree that I too am a fan of all the great psg musicians and as I believe the great Jerry Byrd said, "no two play alike". I certainly hope and pray that Dave will remain on the scene a long time also.

Bo Legg

Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 3:41 pm    

Hey Tom! Wake up! I got the coffee ready even got some extra donuts.
David needs to learn to make a few clams once in a while.
All those clams I hit when I'm recording are on purpose just to keep people waiting to hear when the next clams coming. The Anticipation is the secret to my recording genius and nobody can sleep thru one of my recordings.

Archie Nicol

Ayrshire, Scotland
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 4:09 pm    

Kittens, get your free kittens now. Free kittens! What more could one desire?

Arch.