The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Jazz Room at the 2009 ISGC
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Jazz Room at the 2009 ISGC
Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2009 10:49 am    

Everything is lining up for another great Jazz Room. So far we have confirmed Doug Jernigan, Dave Easley, Jim Cohen, and David Wright. We are waiting on another BIG name player and I should know soon. I also have one other player in mind but am open to suggestions. The show will be at the ISGC (Millennium Hotel) Saturday September 5th 10 am to 1:50 pm. Also again we have Bob Deboo on acoustic bass, Kyle Honeycutt on drums, and me on guitar. I can't wait to see everyone again!

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited by Jim Stahlhut on 31 May 2009 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bo Borland

South Jersey -
Post  Posted 31 May 2009 2:08 pm    

Wait, are you saying
JIM-BOB-DOUG-DAVID- aren't big names ?

Jay Jessup

Charlottesville, VA, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 9:16 am    

Jim,
OK that's it I am going to the convention again this year, first back to back trip to St Louie for me ever but I thought the Jazz room last year made the trip worth while all by itself. Is that the same bass player as last year? He is amazing!!

Gary Lee Gimble

Fredericksburg, VA.
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 10:00 am    

Yes Jay, same bass man as last year. I'll be front and center too!

Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 5:14 pm    

Yeah Bob is the same bass player to play all 4 years of the Jazz Room @ the ISGC as are Kyle and me. Bob not only is a killer bassist he loves playing with the jazz steelers. So you know he's putting in 100%. The whole rhythm section looks forward to this all year..
Jay so glad you are coming back.
Jim

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 3:47 pm    

The Jazz Room is the only reason I've went to ISGC the last few years, and I'll probably go back this year for the same reason. Jim and all the players do a great job, especially Bob the bass player. He is an amazing player.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2009 2:07 pm    

Unfortunately Buck Reid won't be at the Convention so therefor won't be in the Jazz Room this year. He has family things he must attend to. I know everyone will miss him. I think I have the show filled up but now is the time for you to suggest players for the Jazz Room. They may not make it this year but maybe next. So if you know a great Jazz steeler that will be at the Convention let me know.
Thanks,
Jim

Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2009 2:52 pm    

I have one more confirmed player, Glenn Taylor from here in Denver. He is going to be a unique addition as his music lies somewhere on the edge of jazz, very melodic and open. He's played a lot with Ron Miles the great jazz trumpet player. So that brings us to 5 players and I'm waiting on one more confirmation. So soon I'll have the complete list of players then figure out the schedule.

Jim

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2009 10:26 am    

Jim-Good luck with your Jazz room this year. I wish it was there about 30 some years ago. I would have spent lot of my time there. I can't be there to see all you great Jazz players, but I will be there in spirit, and listening on Steel Radio, if they carry it..thanks for all your efforts in putting it on...al.SmileSmile Very Happy Cool Cool Cool

My Email.. almarcus@cmedic.net
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2009 2:15 pm    

Jim

look forward to playing your room again. Should be lots of fun!!

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2009 2:28 pm    

I did all of my "reservating" yesterday, now it's just the waiting. Smile
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2009 10:04 am     Jazz Room at the 2009 ISGC schedule

I have the schedule for the Jazz Room. This is subject to change but I think it won't.

Saturday September 5, 2009
Jim Cohen 10:00am to 10:30am
Glenn Taylor 10:40am to 11:10am
Russ Wever 11:20am to 11:50am
David Wright 12:00pm to 12:30pm
Doug Jernigan 12:40pm to 1:10pm
Dave Easley 1:20pm to 1:50pm

The rhythm section will be Jim Stahlhut on guitar, Bob DeBoo on acoustic bass and Kyle Honeycutt on the drums.

Scotty is not sure yet which room it will be in. Possibly the Jefferson room or another large room. As soon as that is settled I'll post which room. It's going to be another fun jazzin' time!!

Jim

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2009 2:51 pm    

Only four more weeks, I'm gettin' exciteder and exciteder. Smile

Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2009 9:22 am     New Location

Scotty has moved the Jazz Room to the Chouteau Room The old Peavey Room. Which is a bigger and better room. THANKS SCOTTY! The times will be the same Saturday September 5th from 10 am to 2 pm. We will be selling CDs of all the steel players on the show. I need to say one big collective Thank You! to all the steel players involved. Without them we wouldn't have a show and thanks again to Scotty for all he has done for me. I guess I should also say thanks to Bob DeBoo and Kyle Honeycutt for there support, they have been there the whole way and have done a stellar job. I can't wait!!!

Does anyone have a room they can split with Dave Easley?? He's a great guy and extremely interesting (besides being a superior musician). Email me if you have room to share.

Jim

Tom Pickett Jr

blue grass ia
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2009 7:00 pm     mr. wever

jim cant wait for the show! and im glad to see russ on the schedule, russ is one of my fav's and a true gentelmen. i also heard you were great at the rocky
mountain show. Very Happy

Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2009 4:20 pm    

Russ has been on the show 2 out of three times. This will be his 3rd time playing. He always sounds so relaxed with the essence of jazz. And you're right Tom, Russ is a true gentleman and great person. He and I have been friends for over 30 years.

Dave Easley will also be playing the Main Stage Saturday night at 12 midnight. So stay up for that! I'll be playing guitar with him on that set. Look out, no telling what Dave will play. He has a lot of styles that he nails. One great musician.

Jim

Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2009 4:03 pm     Jazz Room Poster

Barbara

Al Marcus

Post  Posted 20 Aug 2009 6:31 pm     Jazz Room

Jim-Will they be Broadcasting from the Jazz room.? I certainly hope so...al.Smile Cool Cool

Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2009 8:23 am    

Al,
I don't think they are going to broadcast it. Mike Scott said he wanted to do a live SteelRadio show with interviews and recordings from the Jazz Room. We are playing in the room where Mike will be broadcasting so there is a possibility it will be live. Just cross your fingers!
Jim

Al Marcus

Post  Posted 23 Aug 2009 8:52 am     Jazz Room

Jim-thanks for your reply. I'll hope that Mike will broadcast some of it for us shut-ins. There must be thousands of us who just can't make it to the convention.....al:) Cool Cool

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2009 4:28 pm    

Just a few more days, I'm gonna have a hard time working until Thursday afternoon. Oh well, maybe I'll get a little work done.

Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2009 6:03 am    

Darvin, I'll see you there. I leave tomorrow. Hope I don't forget anything. It looks like a good show. The players have really picked out some good material so it'll be fun. Bring all your friends!!!

Thanks again to everyone for there support and also to Scotty of course.

Jim

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2009 6:20 am    

Jim,
Have a safe trip, and see you there!!..all the charts I sent were wrong, and have changed all my songs Laughing this way you can ponder on all this while traveling.. Rolling Eyes Very Happy ..................................... Arrow Winking Exclamation

Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2009 6:55 am    

No problem David, I wasn't going to learn your songs anyway.

Jim

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2009 7:18 am    

Jim,
Good one.... Laughing but I already knew this,