The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New C.D. Release
Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 2:48 pm    

I would like to thank everyone for the success of my Gospel c.d."Psalm 144:9" it is still available from me. I would also like to say I'll be ready to ship a new album on c.d. only of some good old country tunes and a couple of surprises. I'm very excited about this as I think it's the best recorded work I've ever done. It is all E-9 and very easy to take. Lloyd Green has very graciously agreed to write the liner notes for me and I look for it to be ready for shipment next week. E-mail me for any information you might need. The title is "Pure And Simple Country" Thanks, Mike Sweeney

[This message was edited by Mike Sweeney on 30 August 2001 at 03:49 PM.]

[This message was edited by Mike Sweeney on 30 August 2001 at 03:51 PM.]

[This message was edited by Mike Sweeney on 30 August 2001 at 03:52 PM.]

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 9:26 am    

I'm listening to this CD as I write this. I have already heard it five times. I really don't listen to steel CDs much as Buddy will attest to, however I will have to go on "record"(pardon the pun) and say I have NEVER enjoyed a steel CD anymore than this one of Mike Sweeneys! It is what I strive for when I do recorded work,gotta' be pretty,good tone,Not boring,good execution, in tune, and I want to be able to listen to it for hundreds of times without haveing it wear on me. Friends, this is it! This is the first time I have ever gotten on this forum and raved about a CD effort that I liked this much!(or at all for that matter).
I'm VERY picky about steel albums,If you don't get this one, you shouldn't have any at all!---- You pro players need it too, you won't believe it!
Bobbe Seymour

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 10:41 am    

Bobbe,
I know I'm predjudice, but I have to say I agree. Thanks so much for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated. Mike really worked hard on this project and he's very proud of it. We're both glad you enjoyed it so much.

Teresa Sweeney

Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 4:58 am    

Mike & Tereasa,
I'm countin' my pennies from my can now so I can get mine..I know it will be great..as good as the other 2 that you grasiously gave me. Hope to see you soon..Your old pickin, buddie from East Tenn!!!!!!

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2001 11:25 pm    

Up!

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2001 8:00 am    

To the top please.

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2001 1:10 pm    

To the top

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2001 1:18 pm    

I would like to thank everyone who has ordered my new c.d. so far as well as those of you who have picked up the Gospel c.d."Psalm 144:9". Due to the terrorists attacks Tues. Sept.11,2001 the mail got behind but it looks as though all who said they would order have done so. There are still a few that haven't came in yet but those may have changed their minds or their orders are still in the mail. Once again thanks. Mike Sweeney